OnePlus One 64gb Review.

Okay, I will add that tonight or tomorrow. I am trying new launchers now. 

Have fun :D

Today I have been playing with different launchers. I have tried about 30 of them but now I am using Trebuchet, Google Now Launcher, Smart Launcher, and Launcher 8 Pro. I am running Google Now Launcher as I am typing this. I like them all and use them for the same things.

I am deciding on a good music player as google play music and poweramp are either not worth the money or just plain suck. I am trying Apollo and Shuttle. I was up way too late last night and was able to try all of the different launchers. I am in the process of getting my headphones working to fully test them. I will be trying the profiles when I get some nfc tags.

I haven’t done any more gaming or content consumption but I am still amazed at the build quality and the look and feel. The screen can very bright but is still hard to use outdoors. The screen doesn’t get as dim as I would like for when I am about to sleep but during the day it is perfect. I still really like the back cover. It is amazing to feel. I would like to see other phones with similar backings.

I am having some issues with the default contacts and phone apps. I had multiple contacts and couldn’t delete them so I turned off sync, deleted everything, download a 3rd part contacts manager to create the contacts I wanted, imported them to the stock app and then removed the 3rd party app.  The dialer still shows the old removed contacts and I am still trying to find a fix. This may be a result of my inexperience of recent versions of android. 

As some of you guys know I am a pilot so naturally I have installed some applications relating to aviation. The gps seems rather accurate and I have had no issues with app compatibility or function. The screen is bright enough in the plane to see the charts and I have no issues there. I do plan to make some videos with the screencast app if there is interest from you guys.

I am still getting used to the largeness of the phone but I can use it with one hand. Every time I pick it up I am amazed how thin and light it is. It is easily 1/3 the thickness and 1/2 the weight of my old phone. The usability is great. I have had no major issues yet except the contacts issues I mentioned. One time I needed to restart for a software issue but it was no big deal there. The weather isn’t helping so I will have the camera review another day.

Any comments and feedback are welcome. If you have any questions just ask. 

I usually use my phone in my room with a video or something playing on the TV so the brightness really isn't a concern to me. I'd be very interested to see how the phone aids you in being a pilot. Sounds really cool :D

I usually use my phone in my room with a video or something playing on the TV so the brightness really isn't a concern to me. I'd be very interested to see how the phone aids you in being a pilot. Sounds really cool :D

I will do a video of the aviation apps I use then. :)

I get to open mine tomorrow xDDDDD

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Are you going to do a review too? 

probably :D I hope to atleast.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

probably :D I hope to atleast.

Just do it.

This is the first review I have written. :)

You will love this phone.

Did you see my section on launchers? Some are really nice. I have smart launcher on this minute until tomorrow, then I pick a new one for the day 4 review. I will do this for I think 2 weeks before a final thoughts post. :)

Someone else took this photo but it is a good example of Smart Launcher. :)  @Deletive

Also music streaming is nice, I have Imagine Dragons on a shuffle from spotify. :)

95714a13df.jpg

Just do it.

Did you see my section on launchers? Some are really nice. I have smart launcher on this minute until tomorrow, then I pick a new one for the day 4 review. I will do this for I think 2 weeks before a final thoughts post. :)

I will then :) when I get around to it. yeah I read the whole thing! :D I'm just happy to be upgrading from a nexus 4 that never did justice for what I used it for. :DDD i'll probably theme it to look like android L for while xD

Computing enthusiast. 

I will then :) when I get around to it. yeah I read the whole thing! :D I'm just happy to be upgrading from a nexus 4 that never did justice for what I used it for. :DDD i'll probably theme it to look like android L for while xD

Haven't done that yet, for now I am just playing with launchers on the stock theme. :)

Just do it.

Someone else took this photo but it is a good example of Smart Launcher. :)  @Deletive

Also music streaming is nice, I have Imagine Dragons on a shuffle from spotify. :)

95714a13df.jpg

dang... looks nice Awesome! I'm going to have to try it out when I get the phone xD

Computing enthusiast. 

dang... looks nice Awesome! I'm going to have to try it out when I get the phone xD

You can also try it on yours :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerfree&hl=en

Whenever you go out on a flight, take your phone and see how exact the heading is on it. :D

I won't be flying again until the 29th of this month. Should I do it then or just forget about it?

@GingerbreadPK @Anthony10 @AlwaysFSX @Deletive

Day Four.

I didn’t use my phone much today. Ran smart launcher all day and it was nice. Went for a nice walk with my dog and had music playing the whole nine miles. Trying to set up my cheap iem’s to use google now not google voice dialer, which is much worse.  Nothing else to note today as I didn’t use my phone much.

Day Five.

Today was my first day taking this phone to work. I have an hour commute each way on the bus so I generally read web pages. Despite that I am over my data cap and on 2g the browsing was good. The battery really showed its power today. I woke up at 06:30 with the alarm on my phone and have used it mildly after getting home from work, listening to music for an hour or so while browsing for the same. Like I said I had two hours of heavy use today in addition to that and now it is 18:15 and I have fifty-one percent batter left so far. No new apps to speak of and using the Trebuchet launcher. Still really impressed with this phone and would recommend it to anyone who can get one.

I won't be flying again until the 29th of this month. Should I do it then or just forget about it?

Eh, if you forget about it you forget about it. I just think it would be pretty cool seeing how accurate is it. :)

And the battery life on that thing rivals my old dumb phone. :o I might just have to get one of these.

Eh, if you forget about it you forget about it. I just think it would be pretty cool seeing how accurate is it. :)

And the battery life on that thing rivals my old dumb phone. :o I might just have to get one of these.

You should definitely get one. I will make a video of my using it in the plane if you want to see it. I can do it when I fly.  

You should definitely get one. I will make a video of my using it in the plane if you want to see it. I can do it when I fly.  

Oh hell yeah, I've seen the camera on those, it's great. :D And I might get one if it's cheap enough and has more features I would use.

Oh hell yeah, I've seen the camera on those, it's great. :D And I might get one if it's cheap enough and has more features I would use.

I will use the screencast app to show the aviation app and then take a video while I fly just for fun. :)

Just get it. It is WELL WORTH IT. 

If I get an invite... :)

I will use the screencast app to show the aviation app and then take a video while I fly just for fun. :)

Just get it. It is WELL WORTH IT. 

If I get an invite... :)

;) I wouldn't be able to get it any time soon though.

Nice review; I liked that you did it over a longer period of time. I think I feel like making a post about my thoughts with the phone now. It really is an incredible device! 

Well done, I enjoyed reading it!

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

I've been using my oneplus one for 2 days now. The battery life is amazing. yesterday I went to the airport at 6:30am, and went to the mall with friends afterwards then hung out around the city. got home at 9:30pm and till have 25% battery left.

Computing enthusiast. 

Any Feedback?

Should I continue to update this review daily?

Yes, until the end of time.