AMD FM2+ Socket Supports Entire APU Lineup Uptill 2015 – May Adopt DDR4 Memory With Carrizo APU

Matthew_Desouza
Go to solution Solved by Lord Pantaloons,

This is literally a copy pasta article, there are posting rules against this. You should give the CoC a read.

There have been some really interesting update regarding AMD’s next generation of accelerated processing units this month. We know what kind of architectural enhancements Kaveri would feature and its Excavator based new  successor codenamed “Carrizo” that arrives in 2015. Chinese portal of VR-Zone has a good news regarding AMD future generation platform which confirms that the FM2+ Socket would support the entire APU lineup uptill 2015.

FM2+-Socket-635x422.jpg

AMD FM2+ Socket To Support Entire APU Lineup Uptill 2015

AMD’s FM2+ socket motherboards have already started making appearances such as the recently announced A88XM-A and A55BM-A from ASUS. Now the first thing that’s interesting to point out is that both Richland and Trinity APUs would be compatible with the FM2 and FM2+ socket motherboards, AMD’s Upcoming Kaveri APU would also feature compatibility with the FM2+ socket based around the A88X “Bolton D4 FCH”. Now we just recently got to know about AMD’s Carrizo APU and it has also been confirmed to feature support with the FM2+ socket expanding the life of current FM2+ based boards. This is a nice decision since it would save alot of money since consumers won’t have to cash in on a separate socketed boards instead just equip their new processors on a motherboard which they already own.

There are however reports that Carrizo revisions of the FM2+ motherboard may feature DDR4 memory support. This means that instead of DDR3 DIMM slots, users would have to use the more faster DDR4 memory schemes so it could be said that both DDR3 and DDR4 FM2+motherboard solutions would be available to consumers. Its not known if Carrizo revisions of the FM2+ socket boards would feature anything else beside DDR4, such as let’s say PCI-e 4.0 and SATA Express which are going to be included in Intel’s Skylake platform in 2015 and Haswell-E by the end of 2014. It remains to be confirmed but if it actually happens than those looking forward to the extra feature might definitely have to spend cash for the new motherboard revisions.

AMD’s Carrizo APU is Kaveri successor and has been confirmed by VR-Zone to feature the latest Excavator core architecture from AMD. Excavator would push x86 performance to new heights and is itself going to replace the 28nm Steamroller architecture that would be fused on the Kaveri, Berlin, FX Processors (Not confirmed) and next iteration of Opteron Enterprise processors.

On the GPU side, its not know what kind of architecture would be implemented as part of the Radeon core. By 2015, AMD will have released their Volcanic and Pirate Island (20nm) chips so they have the option to choose from either of those but if i was to take a wild guess at it, i would see the Volcanic Islands to be fused along side the Excavator core. It should be noted that Volcanic Islands discrete GPUs are also arriving for desktop PCs in Q4 2013, possibly October codenamed “Hawaii” delivering the next generation of visual and compute performance for gamers and enthusiasts. Kaveri APU on the other hand would be equipped with the current Southern Islands GCN cores with upto 512 stream processors pitting its performance close to current entry level discrete graphic cards. More on Carrizo can be seen here.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-fm2-socket-supports-entire-apu-lineup-uptill-2015-adopt-ddr4-memory-carrizo-apu/#ixzz3CZIIYBBS

I want ddr4 on Carrizo... would make it a worthy upgrade.

It's already going to be on toronto so they can probably do it.

Edit: It's wccf....

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Why do I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't know what wccf is.

i want to die

There have been some really interesting update regarding AMD’s next generation of accelerated processing units this month. We know what kind of architectural enhancements Kaveri would feature and its Excavator based new  successor codenamed “Carrizo” that arrives in 2015. Chinese portal of VR-Zone has a good news regarding AMD future generation platform which confirms that the FM2+ Socket would support the entire APU lineup uptill 2015.

FM2+-Socket-635x422.jpg

AMD FM2+ Socket To Support Entire APU Lineup Uptill 2015

AMD’s FM2+ socket motherboards have already started making appearances such as the recently announced A88XM-A and A55BM-A from ASUS. Now the first thing that’s interesting to point out is that both Richland and Trinity APUs would be compatible with the FM2 and FM2+ socket motherboards, AMD’s Upcoming Kaveri APU would also feature compatibility with the FM2+ socket based around the A88X “Bolton D4 FCH”. Now we just recently got to know about AMD’s Carrizo APU and it has also been confirmed to feature support with the FM2+ socket expanding the life of current FM2+ based boards. This is a nice decision since it would save alot of money since consumers won’t have to cash in on a separate socketed boards instead just equip their new processors on a motherboard which they already own.

There are however reports that Carrizo revisions of the FM2+ motherboard may feature DDR4 memory support. This means that instead of DDR3 DIMM slots, users would have to use the more faster DDR4 memory schemes so it could be said that both DDR3 and DDR4 FM2+motherboard solutions would be available to consumers. Its not known if Carrizo revisions of the FM2+ socket boards would feature anything else beside DDR4, such as let’s say PCI-e 4.0 and SATA Express which are going to be included in Intel’s Skylake platform in 2015 and Haswell-E by the end of 2014. It remains to be confirmed but if it actually happens than those looking forward to the extra feature might definitely have to spend cash for the new motherboard revisions.

AMD’s Carrizo APU is Kaveri successor and has been confirmed by VR-Zone to feature the latest Excavator core architecture from AMD. Excavator would push x86 performance to new heights and is itself going to replace the 28nm Steamroller architecture that would be fused on the Kaveri, Berlin, FX Processors (Not confirmed) and next iteration of Opteron Enterprise processors.

On the GPU side, its not know what kind of architecture would be implemented as part of the Radeon core. By 2015, AMD will have released their Volcanic and Pirate Island (20nm) chips so they have the option to choose from either of those but if i was to take a wild guess at it, i would see the Volcanic Islands to be fused along side the Excavator core. It should be noted that Volcanic Islands discrete GPUs are also arriving for desktop PCs in Q4 2013, possibly October codenamed “Hawaii” delivering the next generation of visual and compute performance for gamers and enthusiasts. Kaveri APU on the other hand would be equipped with the current Southern Islands GCN cores with upto 512 stream processors pitting its performance close to current entry level discrete graphic cards. More on Carrizo can be seen here.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-fm2-socket-supports-entire-apu-lineup-uptill-2015-adopt-ddr4-memory-carrizo-apu/#ixzz3CZIIYBBS

At first I was like "DDR4? that's dumb" but then I remembered it's mostly an APU platform, and it makes a world's difference what kind of RAM an APU uses. This is cool.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It's the National Inquirer of tech news sources.

AMD's most recent roadmaps confirm DDR4 will not be supported, and nor will PCIe 4. It's still also on 28nm. I expect disappointment despite the Excavator improvement. Stacked onboard memory a la Iris Pro is rumored but not confirmed.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They're a news/rumor site that posts "news articles" about "leaks" saying that AMD's Hawaii GPU will have 4096 cores and that AMD is secretly working on a 5GHz 12-core Phenom IV processor with 75W TDP.  Among other things.

WCCF Tech is a tech blog with a LONG history of rumors and false claims which have proven to be false and untrustworthy. We consider it to be a very bad source for tech news.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is literally a copy pasta article, there are posting rules against this. You should give the CoC a read.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

We need HBM, DDR4 isn't going to get us very far until we once again hit a bandwidth wall.

We need HBM, DDR4 isn't going to get us very far until we once again hit a bandwidth wall.

or HMC, which is showing GLORIOUS results in the server world with more than 14x the bandwidth of DDR3.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Can we not forget this article is at least a year old?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Could AMD make an apu with a decent cpu in it that may even compete with x99?!

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

from what i remember AMD is going 1 Socket to suit them all.

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

from what i remember AMD is going 1 Socket to suit them all.

Well I am sure THAT will work out great

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

im sure it will, 1 socket for FX CPU's and APU's how can that be bad 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

im sure it will, 1 socket for FX CPU's and APU's how can that be bad

I have no idea but give companies time and they will find a way

I thought this was pretty much a given.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm not even going to bother on this one...

oh fuck it

169dd1f25fa4e2f023a0bbd86510a360.png

What's the point of FM2+ supporting DDR4 if current owners are going to have to upgrade since the modules are 288-pin rather than 240-pin.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

What's the point of FM2+ supporting DDR4 if current owners are going to have to upgrade since the modules are 288-pin rather than 240-pin.

AMD needs every edge it can get in the battle between Carrizo and Skylake, and Skylake lands with DDR4 as well. There's also the frightening fact Intel is starting to develop drivers.