Eyefinity Question

Owen

Not sure if this should go here or the graphics cards section, so whoops if I shudda posted there.

Anyway, I've never done multi-monitor...ever. I want to try it out by just adding my TV along side my monitor and see if I like it, then I'll think about buying two new monitors since my current Dell one is a POS. So, I'm wondering...

Do they have to be the same size? I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but not sure. My TV is like 27" and my monitor is 24". 

Can I disable my TV when I'm gaming so it just goes on idle/whatever, or would I have to unplug it?

Might edit some more questions in here if they come up, but that's basically what I'm wondering. Thanks ;)

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Eyefinity monitors do not need to be the same size, it is worth getting the same resolution however, as for size I think its also preferable to get the same size as it will look a bit odd if the monitors are mismatched, something to consider is that all monitors have different height stands and so on so unless you use monitors like Dell Ultrasharps or buy a 3 monitor stand the monitors may be mismatched at odd heights 

Eyefinity and multi monitor are two very different things. Of your video card you could easilly run a few monitors of varying sizes and resolutions.

Eyefinity takes 3 monitors or the same resolution and treats them as a single display. for that, you would definitely want identical monitors.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Eyefinity and multi monitor are two very different things. Of your video card you could easilly run a few monitors of varying sizes and resolutions.

Eyefinity takes 3 monitors or the same resolution and treats them as a single display. for that, you would definitely want identical monitors.

Ah ok thanks, got mixed up I guess. 

Eyefinity monitors do not need to be the same size, it is worth getting the same resolution however, as for size I think its also preferable to get the same size as it will look a bit odd if the monitors are mismatched, something to consider is that all monitors have different height stands and so on so unless you use monitors like Dell Ultrasharps or buy a 3 monitor stand the monitors may be mismatched at odd heights 

Ya I would definitely get identical monitors if I end up liking eyefinity, just wanted to make sure I could get it to work with my tv to just test it first :P

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Ah ok thanks, got mixed up I guess. 

Ya I would definitely get identical monitors if I end up liking eyefinity, just wanted to make sure I could get it to work with my tv to just test it first :P

Ahh ok, well yeah same resoloution really is all you need, monitor size is not essential.