What was the last OEM desktop that you have/had before you started building PCs

asim1999

why are iMacs so overpiced? building myself an X99 Rig that destroys an iMac and is also nearly £1000 cheaper

???? Imacs are around 1000

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Emaschine T5212. Not that bad, but really slow on windows 7

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Dell Dimension 4600 with a pentium 4... My first desktop and last pre-built desktop... Thank God :P 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

until November of last year I had the 2009 Mac Mini as my desktop.

Now I use it as a HTPC

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

7 years ago...

Never owned a laptop.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

why are iMacs so overpiced? building myself an X99 Rig that destroys an iMac and is also nearly £1000 cheaper

The form factor and marketing.

It's a great build quality for the form factor, nice display, and it's quiet.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

an iMac 21.5" from arround 2011 or so. Although the last proper PC was a Mitac system from 2001... It was no. Just no.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Sony, I have no idea what the model was but it was a long time ago, thing was a tank.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

A Toshiba Satelite from 2008ish with a celeron, 2gb of RAM, and a 152 gb hard drive

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Well from personal experience, Dell tends to lock you down when it comes to hardware upgrades. For example, My vostro 400 (which is still active in use but not by me) has a Core 2 Quad Q6600, a 64-bit cpu but is held back by a 32-bit motherboard...so it is stuck at 4GB

WHY WOULD THEY BE SUCH DICKS WHEN IT COMES TO UPGRADING?!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I'm using my last OEM PC before I build my primary system. Mine is not a desktop, it's an HP ENVY m6-1184ca AMD-based laptop. It's decent for what it is. Could be better, but it's decent.

My last OEM desktop was a Certified Data PC. I think it's a cross between OEM and custom build as Certified Data is a brand belonging to a Canadian retail chain, London Drugs. So it's a "London Drugs Certified Data", technically speaking. That computer was also completely unlocked in terms of overclocking. I was able to get its processor overclocked from its stock 2.1GHz to 2.9GHz. Its BIOS has all the options that you can set to dictate memory speeds and timings, processor multipliers and voltages, and, if you had a compatible GPU, you could overclock that there too.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

This REALLY old desktop from 2005-06. It was a family system and had an athlon 2000+ cpu, some Nvidia gpu, XP, 128mb of ram, an a 78 Gb HDD (this was back when I was really young and wasn't a techie). I still have the monitor but its 1440x900p and the color saturation looks terrible. Haven't used it since we got some asus laptop 4 years later and stopped using it. It's gone now  :(

CPU: Intel i5-4590  ll CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo ll  Mobo:  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  ll  RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengance  ll GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ll PSU: EVGA NEX650 G1 80+ Gold ll Storage:  Segate 7200PRM 1TB HDD , MX100 256GB SSD ll Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced w/ modded window ll  Display: Insignia 22' 1080p Tv ll  Speakers: Logitch Z313 w/ subwoofer  ll Keyboard: Logitec G910 ll  Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Dell dimension 2300 xD

Can be found on my profiIe

Personally did not own any OEMs. I had however a Compaq Presario Desktop for a bit (present from my school after winning a competition), however it died a horrible death just 4 months after using it. It was actually the HDD on it that went bad (if anyone used a Maxtor BigFoot storage knows how noisy and bad these drives could be). 

my brother pc that im useing as a foot rest right now a i7-920 and 4860 i think?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

lag 775 shuttle 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

My computer 5 years ago. HP P6213W, had W7, a Dual Core, 6 GB of RAM and Intel Motherboard integrated.

Never had a brand PC, ever since my first 8088 I have build my own.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

An iMac G3. Yes, that iMac G3. Yes, that OS9.

cringes
post-77647-0-51970200-1410078602_thumb.j

Now do you understand why I started building computers?

An iMac G3. Yes, that iMac G3. Yes, that OS9.

cringes

iMac_3q.jpg

Now do you understand why I started building computers?

Duuude. I was just going to say the exact same one. Although I had Xubuntu on it. Was actually useable with that lightweight os and a 233 MHZ CPU. I would have kept using it or replace the old innards with a NUC, but unfortunately it's now expired with a broken analog board. I'll fix it at some point though as it's very pretty. Also, it came with OS8 didn't it?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.