FSB VS Multiplier OC

Laurysss

I read some forums and people say ocing fsb gets you better performance. And btw for 4.4Ghz on my 8350 my ram 1600mhz sets to 1700Mhz with fsb witch is completely unstable. I can set it 2 1400Mhz - will there be a performance decreasment on ram? 

BTW: my temps - gaming 47~50*C - i play games a lot could ~50*C decrease my cpu lifetime?

Wtf? Sorry for double posting..

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Firstly, get a decent aftermarket cooler to cool that FX 8350, if you plan to do any OC.

Secondly, it's easier OC'ing just by upping the multiplier. If you are trying to reach the absolute maximum OC possible, you'd need to adjust both the Multiplier and FSB speed. Every chip is different. For a decent mild OC, it's best just to up the multiplier, and manually set the voltage. 

For instance, i could get my old deneb stable @4ghz, but i don't want it running that close to it's thermal limit, since i have my rig on 24/7, and that speed was achieved just buy upping the multiplier, and voltage accordingly. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...