Waterblock Question

I am thinking of getting this water cooling kit

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16891/ex-wat-219/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RS240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html

And I am asking if: I put a waterblock on my 7870 will the pump be able to handle it, and will I need more Rad. space?

Thanks and any answer would be nice :)

Ps my build is this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y7gs

FX6300 - 8GB DDR3 1600 - GTX 1060

Hi there SMac124,

I'm no expert in water cooling, but judging on what I've seen, and read about. I would recommend having a pump with a little extra amount of delivery head room. It might just be enough. I would also recommend adding another 120MM Rad for the extra bit a surface area for cooling the liquid/water.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

Thanks for the reply, I will take another look at my options :)

FX6300 - 8GB DDR3 1600 - GTX 1060

i would think you would be fine with that pump, if you cant fit a kit with a 360mm rad in your case i think it would be best to get an extra 120 or 140 and stick it in the back. seeing as the loop would be fairly tight and thats a 750lph pump, you should be fine

i would think you would be fine with that pump, if you cant fit a kit with a 360mm rad in your case i think it would be best to get an extra 120 or 140 and stick it in the back. seeing as the loop would be fairly tight and thats a 750lph pump, you should be fine
this would be the 360 kit, if you can fit it in your case http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16892/ex-wat-220/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RS360_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html

After a couple of minutes of research I found a thread saying your the pump+res in your kit has severe issues. That looks like it was a one off.

After reading a review I saw it works best at 15V, however, a computer PSU cannot supply that. You are stuck at 12V where it performs lightly below the MCP655 at setting 3 (out of 5). Which is not bad.

It sounds like an okay starter kit.

You will definitely need another rad for a GPU.

EDIT: They give you barb fittings which arnt that great. You may want to look into replacing them with compression fittings.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I would definately go for the 360 rad if you can fit. Also, plan to replace the stock fans with some decent static preasure ones.

You could upgrade to the 240mm kit that has the RX240 - a nice thick rad, if it will fit in your case. Basically the more you can spend on the kit, the better off... bigger rad, thicker rad and evetually the XSPC kits come with the Laing D5 variable pump which is an excellent one.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I'm no expert at watercooling, so I only speak from personal experince. You can buy wahtever rad, waterblock you like, it's just a question of eficiency, a better waterblock will conduct heat more efficeintly. BUT I would seriously recommend you get a good quality pump. I bougt a used Swiftech mcp 655 that has run in my system for over a year and half no problem. Not saying you should necessarily buy a swiftech pump, just judging by the price of the unit you listed above, that the pump may be of questionable quality.