What to look for when buying a motherboard for overclocking?

If you have a 8320 will it overclock the same on every 990FX mobo. If there is something else i should look for other than the chipset tell me.

To be specific i don't know if i should get  Sabertooth 990FX or M5A99FX PRO R2.0.

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

If you have a 8320 will it overclock the same on every 990FX mobo. If there is something else i should look for other than the chipset tell me.

To be specific i don't know if i should get  Sabertooth 990FX or M5A99FX PRO R2.0.

I have an M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and it overclocks well. I have it at 4.4 GHz stock voltage, I'm not going further than that because my cooler can't handle more voltage than stock, but once I get an NZXT Kraken x61, I will probably strive for 4.6 - 4.8 GHz. Just make sure your power supply is up to the task aswell. Also make sure it has good power phases, i think the M5A99FX has 6+2 power phase. I'm not sure how much the Sabertooth has.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I would say the Sabertooth. It's a quality board, has an 8+2 digi VRM, and adequate heatinks on the board to keep components cool. Plus, a mate of mine has one with an FX-8350, running @4.7GHz, and it's doing just fine.

The M5A99FX PRO R2.0. has a 6+2 powerphase digi vrm.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The quality of the power delivery is important. How many phases, how good components are used, and are the heatsinks good enough. For overclocking, the chipset doesn't matter - you can overclock just fine on a good 970 board.