Phanteks Enthoo Luxe vs. Pro

MasonV
Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

I personally own the Pro and I love it.  For $100, there is not a better case available.  The Luxe is $50 more, and you are not getting too many extras.  The lighting on the outside is nice, so is a 2nd SSD Bracket, but those things certainly aren't worth an additional $50 to me.

The only legitimate reason for the Luxe over the Pro in my opinion is for top mounted radiator options.  As it currently stands, you cannot do push/pull in the Pro with radiators.  There is 65mm of space between the motherboard standoffs and the top.  If you wanted to do push/pull, you would have to modify the top of the chassis.  You do this by removing the top panel, and removing the fan filter.  Thus exposing the mounting area.  Only then could you do push/pull, but you would be without a top fan filter, unless you buy and add your own.

The Luxe has the same 65mm of space between the motherboard standoffs and top of the case, but the top section of the chassis has room for 25mm fans to be placed within the top compartment without removing the fan filter.  Or, you could use a larger sized radiator, up to 60mm and then place fans underneath the top cover.  It gives you more options.

Whether or not the Lighting, 2nd SSD Bracket, and extra top space is worth $50 is up to you.  You cannot go wrong with either, because they are arguably the best case on the market considering their features, build quality, customer service* and price.

*My Pro arrived with a scratched inside window because the toolbox came loose during shipping.  I sent in a ticket to Phanteks that very day, 10 hours later I had received an email, a telephone call, and a tracking number for the new window that was being shipped to me free of charge.

Quite honestly I can't make a decision regarding which I'd like to go with. I toyed with the idea of going with a midtower case because I won't be utilizing either of these cases to their full potential for a year or 2, but at this price point they are really competitive with a lot of the decent midtowers out there, and if I go any cheaper than the enthoo pro I haven't been able to find a sleek looking decent case which'll save me a considerable amount (if you know of one feel free to point it out).

Of the reviews I've seen of the Luxe I haven't found any regarding the window which in Linus' review of the Pro he noted that it was poorer quality (although I was hard pressed to find other reviews which stated the same). Does anyone have any experience with the Luxe and can share their opinion on if its worth the extra from the Pro. My current build is a single GPU with air cooling, but in the long run I'll be running 2 way crossfire and will be watercooling the GPUs and CPU.

The luxe for the dual 480s

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

They are both sex, get the pro and save some duckets, or get the luxe and have that sleek front panel swag.........

decisions...

Damn them and their smexy cases, I'm just like

lpCqr8S.gif

I decided on the Luxe over the Pro. For the following:

Full Aluminum Case including front panel :D

RGB (kind of) ambient lighting on sides.

More rad support. 

Hardware Canucks sums it up as:

You are basically paying the premium for aesthetics. 

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I decided on the Luxe over the Pro. For the following:

Full Aluminum Case including front panel :D

RGB (kind of) ambient lighting on sides.

More rad support. 

Hardware Canucks sums it up as:

You are basically paying the premium for aesthetics. 

And considering the price the premium is not that much in comparison to other cases. Like Phanteks is literally destroying the competition at this point in my mind.

But the front panel bit did remind me that they had improved the front dust filter system...now I'm leaning towards Luxe...WHY DO THEY TOY WITH MY MIND!!!!!

And considering the price the premium is not that much in comparison to other cases. Like Phanteks is literally destroying the competition at this point in my mind.

But the front panel bit did remind me that they had improved the front dust filter system...now I'm leaning towards Luxe...WHY DO THEY TOY WITH MY MIND!!!!!

I had the same dilemma! But I chose the Luxe because i want to best for the price 

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I personally own the Pro and I love it.  For $100, there is not a better case available.  The Luxe is $50 more, and you are not getting too many extras.  The lighting on the outside is nice, so is a 2nd SSD Bracket, but those things certainly aren't worth an additional $50 to me.

The only legitimate reason for the Luxe over the Pro in my opinion is for top mounted radiator options.  As it currently stands, you cannot do push/pull in the Pro with radiators.  There is 65mm of space between the motherboard standoffs and the top.  If you wanted to do push/pull, you would have to modify the top of the chassis.  You do this by removing the top panel, and removing the fan filter.  Thus exposing the mounting area.  Only then could you do push/pull, but you would be without a top fan filter, unless you buy and add your own.

The Luxe has the same 65mm of space between the motherboard standoffs and top of the case, but the top section of the chassis has room for 25mm fans to be placed within the top compartment without removing the fan filter.  Or, you could use a larger sized radiator, up to 60mm and then place fans underneath the top cover.  It gives you more options.

Whether or not the Lighting, 2nd SSD Bracket, and extra top space is worth $50 is up to you.  You cannot go wrong with either, because they are arguably the best case on the market considering their features, build quality, customer service* and price.

*My Pro arrived with a scratched inside window because the toolbox came loose during shipping.  I sent in a ticket to Phanteks that very day, 10 hours later I had received an email, a telephone call, and a tracking number for the new window that was being shipped to me free of charge.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Do you have issues with the lack of filters on some of the front intake on the Pro at all?

And damn thats quick service.

Do you have issues with the lack of filters on some of the front intake on the Pro at all?

And damn thats quick service.

Ya, the service really blew me away.

Lack of filters?  Dude, this thing is filtered from head to toe.  The only place without a filter is the rear 120/140mm fan spot.  Everything else is filtered.

Actually, wait.. come to think of it, the side grooves of the front are missing filters. Check out post #76  Its not a really big deal, but I ended up adding something that I already had from around the house.  Any cheap filter like material will do, shouldn't cost more than $5, and again, its not a big deal.  I've had my case for 2 months now, and there is barely any dust inside of it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Ya, the service really blew me away.

Lack of filters?  Dude, this thing is filtered from head to toe.  The only place without a filter is the rear 120/140mm fan spot.  Everything else is filtered.

Actually, wait.. come to think of it, the side grooves of the front are missing filters. Check out post #76  Its not a really big deal, but I ended up adding something that I already had from around the house.  Any cheap filter like material will do, shouldn't cost more than $5, and again, its not a big deal.  I've had my case for 2 months now, and there is barely any dust inside of it.

Decisions decisions. Thanks for your input.. 

I just received my Phanteks Enthoo Pro today and it looks even better in person(plus excellent airflow in my opinion). If you need tons of space I would suggest it even though it's kind of heavy but worth the price. Air filters are another good feature of this case.

I had the same dilemma! But I chose the Luxe because i want to best for the price

I just received my Phanteks Enthoo Pro today and it looks even better in person(plus excellent airflow in my opinion). If you need tons of space I would suggest it even though it's kind of heavy but worth the price. Air filters are another good feature of this case.

Which color did you choose guys? I'm leaning towards white Luxe and yes I still haven't reached a decision. :D

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Which color did you choose guys? I'm leaning towards white Luxe and yes I still haven't reached a decision. :D

I went for black as it match es any color scheme. If I close white, all of my parts would stand out wouldn't look good to me.

Current