Sound card for gaming

yodelingduck

Lessons learned, brah, I'm going back to PS/2 gaming mouse and keyboard, avoiding all those destructive overheads. If only those aren't so damn hard to find nowadays.....

You should do the same. I'm telling as a friend-with-occasional-love-sparks here. You gotta stop letting those overheads destroy your gaming experience slowly from the inside. You could have achieved so much more without them....

Way to take everything out of context. Perhaps your mind doesn't understand that the data sent by keyboard/mice is different than audio, shocking i know...

"Peek-a-boo, you ****s, you!"

Way to take everything out of context. Perhaps your mind doesn't understand that the data sent by keyboard/mice is different than audio, shocking i know...

Maybe we should go back to what we originally stated. You called us "Idiots" because we believe Sound cards aren't worth the money. Go on about USB overheads with audio and nobody seems to have the same experience you have? How shitty was your PC? The way you reply to us, implies that this information is blatantly obvious and we are all stupid which isn't helping you gain any support. Why continue to reply if nobody agrees you? Do you think you'll change our minds? No. 

So many issues with USB its not even funny not to mention the possible over head of the USB protocol while gaming.

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about? No were the fuck did you get the idea I said gaming audio is more intense? No you pulled it outa your fucking ass because you wanted to feel all smart after you watched one of tek syndicates videos? I don't know maybe I'm a little fucked up in the head but to me:

*CPU is doing a lot of work in a game

*USB protocol is not by any means "light weight" (Polling based protocol instead of interrupt based so more CPU overhead)

so thus

*Audio is the last priority on the system queue 

and you get a bunch of sync issues or even in the case with my O2 DAC + AMP audio can even completely garble and get way out of phase with and get an "Echo" affect. I know impossible right!!! its just sound waves!!! will genius guess what the system does more things than just audio and the USB protocol is fucked more ways than sunday. 

Yes I have! On very old systems it is a factor and even on modern systems there is still some delay issues with USB.

Now I can see overhead is a very big word for people in the audio forum so let me explain, overhead simply means something that is another layer of processes running on the system. I don't care if you are using a 12 core xeon at 3 ghz it still comes down to:

*How much data is being sent over the USB port

*How many other processes are waiting in the queue

So we can conclude if someone is running a old system than adding another process for the system to do while its running other more important processes, no mater how small it may be, does affect the system in a negative way. You see while USB does support DMA you still have to send things through the CPU like control bytes, start position, DMA count. Not to mention DMA is a kernel mode (ring 0) set of instructions and thus we need a context switch to take place which can even take more time.

Look at system idle or on a semi modern system these delays are almost not there. But on a out dated system or on a system that is being stressed and there is no time slots left for a USB DMA then shit hits the fan.

I thought I'm supposed to be the idiot one...??  :blink:

Maybe we should go back to what we originally stated. You called us "Idiots" because we believe Sound cards aren't worth the money. Go on about USB overheads with audio and nobody seems to have the same experience you have? How shitty was your PC? The way you reply to us, implies that this information is blatantly obvious and we are all stupid which isn't helping you gain any support. Why continue to reply if nobody agrees you? Do you think you'll change our minds? No. 

Actually no, this "SSL" guy overhere insulted me and asked if "I knew what the fuck I was talking about". So I promptly responded calling him out on his stupidity. It was a civil conversation before that but someone needed to feel all cool on the internet. 

Listen buddy if you're going to be an asshole that's perfectly fine by me, but you can bet I will be a bigger one if that's the case.

I thought I'm supposed to be the idiot one...??  :blink:

I don't know do you feel like an idiot? It seems most people in audio forums like to think their opinion is fact, these are the same kind of people spending 30$ for an OP-AMP that "spaces out" and "deepens" the sound  :lol:

Actually no, this "SSL" guy overhere insulted me and asked if "I knew what the fuck I was talking about". So I promptly responded calling him out on his stupidity. It was a civil conversation before that but someone needed to feel all cool on the internet.

Actually, you insulted us before any of this. But you still haven't proven anything. Just because somebody has an informed opinion, it doesn't make it fact or valid. I won't be replying anymore, good day. 

EDIT: "Also don't listen to the idiots here who say "sound cards aren't worth it" because sound cards have a very good price to sound quality ratio when compared to external AMPs/DACs" Post #23. Maybe you should read the thread bud.

Have you ever thought you're trying to feel cool on the internet?

Actually, you insulted us before any of this. But you still haven't proven anything. Just because somebody has an informed opinion, it doesn't make it fact or valid. I won't be replying anymore, good day. 

Read the thread bud.

Listen buddy if you're going to be an asshole that's perfectly fine by me, but you can bet I will be a bigger one if that's the case.

You made it decidedly uncivil when you started spewing your bullshit all over.

It's always the people that don't ever post in audio-sub that randomly pop up and post the darndest things, I've said this multiple times in the past already.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

It's true. Just because you call people 'idiots' doesn't give them the right to insult you. Completely agree with you on this, 100% support. Who the hell they think they are, right? Pffftttt.....people these days, am I right?

Oh, and about being a bigger asshole? I believe you.... :wub:

I don't know do you feel like an idiot? It seems most people in audio forums like to think their opinion is fact, these are the same kind of people spending 30$ for an OP-AMP that "spaces out" and "deepens" the sound  :lol:

Well, you did call me or us 'idiots', so that must be true. Because unlike us idiots in audio forums, your opinions must be a fact, right? Of course they are....

It's always the people that don't ever post in audio-sub that randomly pop up and post the darndest things, I've said this multiple times in the past already.

Dunno why. Must be too much overheads in the air these days. We gotta start thinking about healthy living man....