Motherboad layout design suggestion why don`t they do it?

As i made a similar top on Asus`s forum , i`ll do one here also since Linus might have a better reach to manufacturers if my idea is good.

As everybody is going crazy these days with cable management, why are there no ATX Motherboards with the ATX connector at the bottom ? Since the power supply is mostly at the bottom of the case now, and eventually at 90° Angle, we have SATA ports this way, why not ATX connector also ? And move the USB 3 ports from bottom to somewhere up since those connectors on the cases are usually up anyway ...

Also GPU power connectors ... always on the side... why not at the back of the GPU ? I know this way would make Card require a longer case .. but enthusiast will benefit from better cable management/aesthetics not being required to go over the GPU, or make a standard to have the connectors the opposite side of the GPU and all cases have a cutout behind it to accommodate connectors, this way eliminating the need for longer cases if put at the back of the card (when i say back i mean the opposite side of the DIV/HDMI, hope i made myself clear on this one)

It's probably related to the design of the circuits. They'd now have to get power from the bottom of the board and route it much further then they are already, without crossing over other connections.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

@Ohim

Here's my guesses.

1. The cons outweigh the pros

2. Could cost more

3. Makes it awkward for people that have cases with a rotated motherboard design.

Design of the circuits didn`t thought of that, on the other hand there is at least one case that has the MB turned 90° CW, making the connectors sit on top of the case and not the back, thus making the MB having the ATX connector down.

I think some higher end boards already have 90dec power connectors. EVGA is the one, I think.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That 90° connector is not "high end" and should be present to all the boards.

But my opinion is that there needs to be some change to PC in general. We are running on a design since the 386/486 era...I know it costs a lot of money to come up with a new layout but our PC insides are just a mess of cables ...

But my opinion is that there needs to be some change to PC in general. We are running on a design since the 386/486 era...I know it costs a lot of money to come up with a new layout but our PC insides are just a mess of cables ...

most cheap cases don't have the room or cable management option to physicall fit. so no, it should not be present on all boards.

most cheap cases don't have the room or cable management option to physicall fit. so no, it should not be present on all boards.

But when you buy a 150+ board i bet you ain't buying a small cheap case.....

But when you buy a 150+ board i bet you ain't buying a small cheap case.....

exactly my point why it wouldn't be present on all the boards...

and should be present to all the boards.

90* SATA connectors aren't that good yet either. And more so when used with 90* cables. My case is pretty nice with cable management but those were some tight fits with 4 SATA devices.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv