Need help choosing between two monitors.

Roverno
Hi all,

So a couple of days ago i bought a 27" 2560x1440 DGM monitor that was on offer. I wanted to try an IPS panel because i wanted to improve the colours and blacks of my 4 year old 24" LG. Apart from the slightly flimsy stand, the monitor seems great. I do have a slight gripe with the shiny screen though. I'd much prefer it to be matt so that i dont get reflections of lights/myself etc. Is there a monitor that is similar to this but with a matt screen?

I also had a dell U2412M delivered today, just to compare the colour depth and contrast to the DGM monitor. On the colour it seems quite good, but the depth in the blacks on the DGM monitor is not quite there imo. The price of the smaller dell is good, and the build quality is superb, but having now used a 27" for a week or so, i love the size.

In my ideal world i would love to be able to get the DGM monitor with a matt screen for about the same price, if not, im going to have a breakdown trying to decide between these two monitors. I cant keep both.

What would you choose or recommend?

Thanks

Sell both and buy a U2713H.....

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

I have only had them a couple of days and am planning to send at least one back, so that is not too much of a problem, but that is a little more than i wanted to spend really.

the DGM i bought for £300

the Dell was £209

The U2713H comes in around £515. thats a lot of monies  :(

The U2713HM is around $150 cheaper here and still a great screen.

Edit: Wrong thread sorry. :lol:

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Go with the Dell U2713HM if you can sell the 2 monitors. The U2713HM is fantastic and the only glossy thing is the logo, the bezel and screen are matte. The stand is also a great big steel stand that supports: height, pivot, swivel, and tilt; it also has vesa mount.

Thanks very much for your input guys. looks like i can actualyl get the dell for £414 so looks like i will have to send these back and try and get one of those bad boys. The monies though.... all that monies :-/ im gonna have to sell an organ for this one i think :D

My 3011 was ~ 2x that, I've never regretted it for a minute. You'll love it. :D