Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

maybe some massive world war.

Dramatic orchestra music? YES.

Orbital Space Battles? YES.

Large Scale Ground Battles? YES.

i'm thinking we should offer large amounts of character customizability, like gender and race.

I love character customization It gives you a more unique experience. As for race how absurd would you want to go just bi-pod humanoid or other things like wings, extra limbs, etc. What I would want though in character customization would be closer to some of the skyrim mods like ece those just go above and beyond any other character creator I've seen. 

nothing cheezy, i'm talking about just things like where you come from, like china or spain

I will have Rajnikanth and Chuck Norris on my side.

Please no lightsabers.

I'll say it again:

Let's avoid being cheesy

so lets see by the way you sort of want to style it would seem fitting where there is space ships but a lot of origin comes from the earth so I would place the date around the 22nd century 

Ok, I just had a big idea for the lore/plot

There is unrest among the nations. And then a meteor strikes the moon, causing a new resource to be spread out over the world.

The resource is the solution to everyone's problems. ever. period. except it causes one big problem... Total Chaos.

Everyone is trying to get it. and they are willing to kill to do so.

this sparks WWIII

Sounds good reminds me of command & conquer 3. Now what nations would this involve, Any alliances, any different political/geographically, time/technological level?

What about PLASMA GUN to breach into bunkers and motherships.

What about PLASMA GUN to breach into bunkers and motherships.

motherships sounds cheesy so no. He is intending to due something original without a lot of overused stuff.

I've been thinking for some time to make a game. I've been learning some c++ programming in uni (I got an A :D) and I have some experience in adotpting hand drawn art to the computer and enhancing it, colouring it etc. So I think I would be able to make an isometric 2D RPG in theory, in the summer, when I'm done with my exams I'm going to start on it and see what comes out. I've been thinking of the backstory too. I want it to be set in a strange an unique world. Kind of a sci-fi mixed with a wild west style and some fantasy elements. In a world where a human civilization that is kind of on the level of us in the 1900's, and an alien race comes and dominates us, transforming cities. The inner circle of the cities would be the occupied area, surrouonded by a huge wall, and outside of the wall would be the unoccupied areas. But anything that the aliens don't occupy they kind of bomb and destroy. They hunt down rebel movements and often take groups of people to do crazy experiments on them.

But that's just a setting, the real attraction would be the nature of the game, as I thought it would be amazing if it would be a randomly generated world. Now given that it's an RPG that would be hard to acomplish of course, but not every aspect of it would be random. I was thinking that the layout of the map would be different every time for start. Like big cities would have to be in certain distance of eachother. The rest of the map could be randomly generated and even the stuff that's inside the cities. Also some quests might appear, or might not appear. I thought it would work like a big quest pool and it draws from it randomly. Other than that it would be kind of like Fallout 1 and 2.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

I think charge base weapons for example you see the positive and negative poles. Spray out of teh enemy with the negative pole rocket and if the rocket detects an enemy or flesh(team mates have some beacon with stops this) it will activate a magnetic field. After that you shoot normal positive charged bullets which is great as you could fire upwards and see a rain of bullets fuck the enemies.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

so hovercrafts with tank cannons?

Wouldnt work, tanks are great because of their weight which lowers the recoil, the hovercraft uses fan to levatate, a tank canon would push it backwards or flip it making it pointless.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wouldnt work, tanks are great because of their weight which lowers the recoil, the hovercraft uses fan to levatate, a tank canon would push it backwards or flip it making it pointless.

Wouldn't be all that hard to get around, you could have a version of a recoilles rifle which allows some propellant to vent backwards or fires a charge backwards to cancel recoil. Or have some sort of instant ground anchor which is deployed just before a round is fired.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

A CLOAK MODE will be much appreciated. 

What about some ultrasonic noise which renders humans paralysed.

Sounds Epic.

Maybe Orbital Strikes? We've already established that there is people in space.

Well, This is set in the future, so the cannons probably have low recoil, enough to ride on a hovercraft.

Well, This is set in the future, so the cannons probably have low recoil, enough to ride on a hovercraft.

How would that be possible, its physics a push force has a push force in the opposite direction. They could use shocks but that would make it way harder to reload. Also the barrel would have to be quite short or the balance would be lop sided and then firing a small round would have serious problems.

Listen if you care.

maybe some massive world war.

Dramatic orchestra music? YES.

Orbital Space Battles? YES.

Large Scale Ground Battles? YES.

i'm thinking we should offer large amounts of character customizability, like gender and race.

yea! And stradegy and stealth is key :3 there arent enough games that rely on stealth :/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

How would that be possible, its physics a push force has a push force in the opposite direction. They could use shocks but that would make it way harder to reload. Also the barrel would have to be quite short or the balance would be lop sided and then firing a small round would have serious problems.

You could use a deploy system where it stabilizes and attaches to the ground for a normal tank gun then use something like a 50mm cannon while being mobile maybe.

Yeah a cloak mode making use of a several flexible OLED panels which use images from cameras on the opposite side... that's actually sort of possible IRL.

Wouldn't work, tanks are great because of their weight which lowers the recoil, the hovercraft uses fan to levitate, a tank canon would push it backwards or flip it making it pointless.

You could make use of groups of propellers so that the ones on the opposite side of the direction the cannon is firing are given more power to cancel out the reaction force in the cannon.

(I'm not saying that any of the above is feasible in real life...).

Also I'm assuming we will be using Noctua fans, maybe we can get Noctua to pay for product placement... or perhaps make a parody of Noctua fans... hmmm... what would we call them xD (this post is making less and less sense as I type it...).

You could make use of groups of propellers so that the ones on the opposite side of the direction the cannon is firing are given more power to cancel out the reaction force in the cannon.

(I'm not saying that any of the above is feasible in real life...).

Also I'm assuming we will be using Noctua fans, maybe we can get Noctua to pay for product placement... or perhaps make a parody of Noctua fans... hmmm... what would we call them xD (this post is making less and less sense as I type it...).

War is loud from weapons so lets use Delta's 66db fan  :D