GTX 780 - PC not booting

nflasky

something to keep in mind, is that there are two class of PSU, "generic" PSU, and "real" PSU

PSU start to be good at 650w

then the 750w is the best choice for demandant equipment (like yours for "some" reason)

but the 850w PSU will be my choice (for a future SLI or Crossfire)  ^_^

last but not least... well... i don't even want to say it  :ph34r:

So, I don't think the PSU is the problem here.  Bought a Cooler Master 750W GX, still the same problem I

've been having

I think it may be that some components need a large starting power just to start them.

As for you PSU, I'd recommend something like this if you are planning on getting a new one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151106

So, I don't think the PSU is the problem here.  Bought a Cooler Master 750W GX, still the same problem I

've been having

then, this is bad... kk "Test 2"

check the bios date year (with CPUz) and pass me the full name of the motherboard

then, this is bad... kk "Test 2"

check the bios date year (with CPUz) and pass me the full name of the motherboard

Manufacturer:   Pegatron Corporation

Model:   2AD5

Bios:

Brand: AMI

Version: 7.09

Date: 3/14/2012

That one short beep on AMI motherboards:

1 short DRAM refresh failure The programmable interrupt timer or programmable interrupt controller has probably failed

I'd bet the bios needs an update for the new graphics cards - good luck getting that on an OEM motherboard....

Manufacturer:   Pegatron Corporation

Model:   2AD5

Bios:

Brand: AMI

Version: 7.09

Date: 3/14/2012

the motherboard (and the bios) looks good (so this is bad)

the thing that i don't want to say is that... there is a small tiny microscopic possibility

that the 600w PSU may damage the new GTX 780 (i so hope i be mistake)

Test 3 - test the 780

Dunno if 780 works with 314 drivers but try rolling back drivers if you went to 320 drivers which i am having loads of issues with it.

posting issues with my 670 SLI's.

blackscreen X3 at startup.

posting issues with one 670.

driver sweep and 314 reinstall solved everything.

but who the hell said nvidia had better drivers then amd ?, I've seen post about people who burned their cards with 320 as well so stay away from it until they fix it.

something to keep in mind, is that there are two class of PSU, "generic" PSU, and "real" PSU

PSU start to be good at 650w

No they don't, its all about the build quality.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

contact where you bought it and say it isnt working. you are entitled to a refund/replacement/repair. 

Alright, so this has turned into a nightmare.  I installed that 750w PSU, everything was working the exact same.  I figured I would just return the PSU and video card so I put everything that was original to the system back.  Now when I turn the system on my monitor isn't even recieving a signal and the computer endlessly starts up and reboots. 

A couple questions:

Anyone know what would cause this?

I'm fed up with this system and was thinking about buying a new motherboard case and PSU.  I wanted to keep my ssd, hard drive, blu ray player, ram, cpu liquid cooler and 780. Would I be able to change these out without a huge hassle or reinstalling Windows?  I'm thinking about buying these:

21%2Ba5DwhVFL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Seasonic ATX12V / EPS12V 660 Power Supply SS-660XP- Seasonic

$139.99

UpdateRemove

Saved

donsbeak_left._V162552218_.pngclose_box_button._V162549811_.png

<p class="buttons left"> <input type="submit" value="Delete" name="submit.delete.C2LOKCGIDY2XJW"> · <input type="submit" value="Save for later" name="submit.save-for-later.C2LOKCGIDY2XJW" > </p>

Delete · Save for later

Clear your CMOS. That solved mine when it did that

How do you do that, i tried removing the battery on the motherboard and reinstalling it, didnt solve any problems.

instead a expensive intel build, I recommend make a full new cheap AMD build (just for test)

cheap case

cheap HDD

cheap motherboard AM3+

cheap FX (all have 4 cores)

cheap win7s

and good a 650w (or more) with big good +12v amps monorail

(the one you pick is good, but wen "they don't say" the +12v amps, i look a new one)

already have the intel i7 3770 in my old system i was just going to move

It's not your power supply. The 780 requires a bios update on many motherboards. That said, I have no idea where you'd get a bios update for that motherboard. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Try this website for bios update.

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/support-drivers.html

Click on "Drivers and Software" type in the model number of your HP system and click search. It'll bring up a list of updates, including the bios. Double check the version number to make sure you aren't on the latest though.

You may be on the latest already. I think someone may have checked for you earlier. Wouldn't hurt to have a look yourself though.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

- Albert Einstein

Not enough AMPS. Tek Syndicate did a video and one of there power supplys couldnt handle the 770 in terms of amperage.

not a BIOS update for the motherboard, the GTX 780 needs a firmware update.

a needed update for motherboard compatibility.

here is a link for EVGA, you may need to consult the manufacturer of your GTX 780.

airdeano

hey try updating bios i know thart some times help also uninstall the nvida drivers so u have none. then in stall with the card in.
if that does not work it is the psu   the 780 , titan and 770 take alot of amps. in the rails to run them watch 

he got a  770 and had use a good psu with high amps

<p>Nvm i saw that it's the BIOS instead</p>

Edited by dkshubaba

I had this kind of problem with my computer, when I built it. I found that the 24-pin contector to the motherboard was not all the way in. Just try to push on it and make sure it's all the way in. If the problem is solved already just ignore this. I'm too tired to read the whole topic.

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

but once you get the GPU sorted, you will not be able to properly

load the GPU as you are still rail voltage deficient. it'll power-up

and load, but the results will be less than expected, until the amps

delivery is satisfied.

airdeano

• 2 months later...

I'm having this exact same problem! I think it's related to HP's motherboards... I'm running a Pegatron 2AB6 and today I got a GTX 670... Installed it and it boots to the HP splash screen saying 'Press esc to startup' but the keyboard is unresponsive. Bios is updated and everything. A fix would be nice, I finally saved up enough cash to upgrade from a 5670 (don't laugh) which works perfectly fine when it's installed. I'm using a corsair CXM 600 watt.