Good and cheap HDMi cable.

ToriksLV

I am searching for cheap but good and trusted HDMI cable. Can anyone suggest one? I want to connect my PS3 and later PS4 to my monitor. :)

P.S. Sorry if i posted in wrong forum section.

Anything will do as far as image quality is concerned. The difference between cheap and expensive is the build quality. I know this doesn't answer your question, but it might help you to just go out and pick something cheap at your local store

How long? a 3ft is only like $4

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

if you can try get one that is class 1.2a as it has the highest transfer rate

MoBo: GA-z77x-ud3h CPU: 2500K @ 3.1 (miss my h80) Cooler: Stock GPU: EVGA 780 ACX RAM: 8gb G.skill SSDs: 2X Sammy 120EVOs HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracudas PSU: Corsair RM750 Case: Blue NZXT H440

HDMI cables are seriously one of the biggest rackets in the industry. Where I work, they cost maybe 30 dollars a cable but we get them for about 4 dollars at cost.

HDMI carries a digital signal. Ones and Zeros. There's no noise or snow to worry about unlike composite and component cables, so if you're getting any signal at all you're getting the full signal.

Go to Walmart and buy the cheapest cable you can find.

Boom. Roasted.

Last time I got a cheap HDMI cord it would lose connection with either my GPU or Monitor and then reconnect. This would go on from one time to five minutes. Then I finally just went to Best Buy to get a new one.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

All my HDMI cables were bought off of eBay (3x for about $2.99) and all work perfectly fine on various devices, including multiple GPU's.

Cheap cables can have shielding/distance issues, or might be flaky (lose connection, etc), but those cables would be considered "defective", especially with dropped connections.

Best places to buy the cables are www.ncix.com, newegg, amazon, or monoprice. Just make sure to read customer reviews of the cables.

Buying an HDMI cable at BestBuy is a VERY BAD idea. In 99% of cases, the cheapo ones from monoprice, etc, are just as good.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A few years back I picked up a pair of these for my consoles (X360 and PS3) and they're really durable. Click on the image to bring up more images of someone showing the cabling/wiring.

http://www.amazon.com/Fanatic-Digital-Imperial-Series-Gold-Plated/dp/B001TYRJWS/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header'>Fanatic Digital Imperial Series Gold-Plated HDMI Cable (6 feet)

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

The only time you really need to start to worry about the build quality of a cable is when you're carrying an analoge signal (VGA monitors and audio) or some extremely high bandwidth digital application (40Gb ethernet, 32Gb IB, etc).

So basically any cable will do.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

monoprice.com is your friend. I never seriously understood the justification of buying a premium HDMI cable.