Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TopWargamer

"Meizu MX4 official: octa-core CPU, 2GB RAM, high-res display for $300"

Posted · Original PosterOP

Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/meizu-mx4-official-518936/

OppoMart page: http://www.oppomart.com/meizu-mx4.html

Specs for the Meizu MX4

-5.36" 1920x1152 display (that's one funky screen resolution) 

-2.2GHz MediaTek MT6595 octo-core

-2Gb of RAM 

-20.7MP rear Sony camera

-2MP front Sony camera

-Storage options: 16, 32, or 64 gigabytes 

-3,100mAh battery

-GSM: 2G, 3G, 4G, and LTE connectivity (bands/frequencies not known right now) 

-Android 4.4 KikKat with Flyme 4.0

-Made of aluminum alloy

-Weighs 147g 

-Will cost $300 (before taxes and shipping) 

I know that MediaTek doesn't make the best SoC. They're nowhere near as good as Qualcomm, Nvidia, Intel, etc. but they're still not as bad as some people make them out to be. Say what you want about MediaTek, but their chips are letting us have octo-core smartphones for as little as $300 off contract. As for benchmarks of this chip, we'll just have to wait for them, unless another smartphone is out already with this SoC installed (I honestly don't know if there is). 

But anyways, the Meizu MX4 will go on sale later this month, but it's already listed on OppoMart, but it's "out of stock." (Link found above.) 

Not only does the phone have impressive specs and a stellar price point, but it also looks pretty darn good. 

meizu-mx4.jpg

EDIT:

Thank you to @dizmo for pointing this out. Meizu also announced a companion smartwatch that's circular and made out of glass and metal. Oh, and it's only $65.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/inwatch-meizu-team-offer-65-smartwatch/

gsmarena_001.jpg

Still just happy that flaming pink comic sans wasn't nuked in the forum update. Now. We. Shall. ENLARGE THE FLAMING PINK COMIC SANS!

its an iPhone copy... a  bit too obvious...

I mean look at that lockscreen

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

its an iPhone copy... a  bit too obvious...

I mean look at that lockscreen

iPhone copy or not, a good phone is a good phone.  

Still just happy that flaming pink comic sans wasn't nuked in the forum update. Now. We. Shall. ENLARGE THE FLAMING PINK COMIC SANS!

The looks remind me of an ipod touch ^^ I guess we'll have to see how it performs compared to a nexus 5

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.> What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D  CoC F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

*21.7 MP Sony Exmor R Camera. 

The source and the OppoMart listing clearly state that it is a 20.7MP camera. 

how did they end get that sony sensor?

and mediatek is well known. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Meizu? Finally a chinese brand I didn't hear here

Soft and clean.

I will ignore sites that block adblock, IDC that you can disable and fast-enable it. I will pass. TY.

Specs:

Main PC

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500
RAM: 1x8 GiB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI H110I PRO
GPU: Integrated
Storage: Western Digital WD10EZEX
OS: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bits / Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

"New" Server:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
RAM: 4 GiB RAM DDR2
Motherboard: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 + Asrock AM2CPU
GPU: Nvidia FX 5500 256 MiB
Storage: Too many HDDs to list

The source and the OppoMart listing clearly state that it is a 20.7MP camera. 

Oops... Thinking their Z3 again. The 21.7MP is a concept...

Ryzen 1600 - GTX 980Ti

Question is what's the battery...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I don't see how it's not possible. The OnePlus One - another $300 smartphone - is using a Sony camera as well. 

I'm aware of this, but here in the USA (I can't speak for other countries) they're not so well known, at least not by the mainstream crowd. MediaTek SoC are more commonly found in Chinese smartphones. 

Question is what's the battery...

Woops. Can't believe I forgot to add that in. My bad. The source and the OppoMart listing state that is is using a 3,100mAh battery. 

(Edited in the battery in my OP.) 

lol mediatek

Oh come on, MediaTek honestly isn't that bad. 

I don't see how it's not possible. The OnePlus One - another $300 smartphone - is using a Sony camera as well. 

I'm aware of this, but here in the USA (I can't speak for other countries) they're not so well known, at least not by the mainstream crowd. MediaTek SoC are more commonly found in Chinese smartphones. 

But the 20.7 sensor has only been on Sony phones because it's their best sensor. the oneplus one sensor and all the other sony sensors are comparable but not as good as the sony one.

I'd pick this up actually just to see if it's any good.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

@TopWargamer you forgot one neat piece of kit...the smart watch you can get to go with it for $65.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Yes, it's glass and metal.

iPhone copy or not, a good phone is a good phone.  

I'm hoping he was just being sarcastic.

Sony sells their sensors to whoever will pay them money. As do most companies with such offerings. For example LG makes a huge number of displays for many, many companies.

But the 20.7 sensor has only been on Sony phones because it's their best sensor. the oneplus one sensor and all the other sony sensors are comparable but not as good as the sony one.

I'd pick this up actually just to see if it's any good.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure it's been in other products.

What an awkward resolution. 1920 x 1152?

It's 1080p with some space left over for their on screen buttons..so you always get the full 1080p. Personally I think it's a great idea and more OEM's should adopt it.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@TopWargamer you forgot one neat piece of kit...the smart watch you can get to go with it for $65.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Yes, it's glass and metal.

This would be more fitting as its own thread, but since you posted it, i'll just go ahead and add it to my OP. If you make a thread about it, I'll edit it out. But thats' really cool, and damn does it look good. 

Now people hopefully wont buy from OnePlus.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

This would be more fitting as its own thread, but since you posted it, i'll just go ahead and add it to my OP. If you make a thread about it, I'll edit it out. But thats' really cool, and damn does it look good. 

Haha, nah go nuts. You're the news reporter ;)

It does  however claim a couple of months battery life, so I get the feeling its uses are a lot more restrictive than something with Android Wear on it. Hell the LG watch has the same spec as the Moto G iirc.

I'd imagine it's a stiff competitor for something like a Pebble though.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@TopWargamer

It's 1080p with some space left over for their on screen buttons..so you always get the full 1080p. Personally I think it's a great idea and more OEM's should adopt it.

wouldn't it be 17xx by 1080? instead of 1920x1152.

Computing enthusiast. 

wouldn't it be 17xx by 1080? instead of 1920x1152.

....if anything it should be 1992x1080, but I see your point.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

That actually looks like a nice phone, if I got one, I might swap the launcher but hey-ho. I would order one but there's a couple of problems for me.

1) Because of the looks and me being in school, everyone will blatently say "you're too cheap to get an iPhone" ect

2) Dont know about around the world, but the UK has stupid import terms,

i) buy item, ii)pay shipping, iii) pay what the VAT is worth (I think its either 17.5% or 20%), iv) Hope Customs don't seize it as counterfit goods (If they do, you have lost your money if you don't contest against the desision), v) Pay Customs Charge, then steps i-v, will be the same for optional accessories such as the smart watch.

PUBG > FORTNITE

There, I said it...

PC Specs:

Spoiler

Main PC: Intel Core i7 6800K, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 2400MHz, Palit Dual GTX 1070, ~490GB SSD Space, 5TB Hard Drive Space, Corsair HX750W, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Phanteks Enthoo Pro, Slimline Blu-ray Drive

Back-up Laptop: Lenovo something, Intel i3, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz, 1TB HDD

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - 128GB EU (Exynos 9810)
Backup Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 - 32GB, Silver (Cracked Back)

1) Because of the looks and me being in school, everyone will blatently say "you're too cheap to get an iPhone" ect

The phone is made out of aluminum alloy...I highly doubt that your friends will be able to mock a phone that looks nice...