"Meizu MX4 official: octa-core CPU, 2GB RAM, high-res display for $300"

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/meizu-mx4-official-518936/

OppoMart page: http://www.oppomart.com/meizu-mx4.html

Specs for the Meizu MX4

-5.36" 1920x1152 display (that's one funky screen resolution) 

-2.2GHz MediaTek MT6595 octo-core

-2Gb of RAM 

-20.7MP rear Sony camera

-2MP front Sony camera

-Storage options: 16, 32, or 64 gigabytes 

-3,100mAh battery

-GSM: 2G, 3G, 4G, and LTE connectivity (bands/frequencies not known right now) 

-Android 4.4 KikKat with Flyme 4.0

-Made of aluminum alloy

-Weighs 147g 

-Will cost $300 (before taxes and shipping) 

I know that MediaTek doesn't make the best SoC. They're nowhere near as good as Qualcomm, Nvidia, Intel, etc. but they're still not as bad as some people make them out to be. Say what you want about MediaTek, but their chips are letting us have octo-core smartphones for as little as $300 off contract. As for benchmarks of this chip, we'll just have to wait for them, unless another smartphone is out already with this SoC installed (I honestly don't know if there is). 

But anyways, the Meizu MX4 will go on sale later this month, but it's already listed on OppoMart, but it's "out of stock." (Link found above.) 

Not only does the phone have impressive specs and a stellar price point, but it also looks pretty darn good. 

meizu-mx4.jpg

EDIT:

Thank you to @dizmo for pointing this out. Meizu also announced a companion smartwatch that's circular and made out of glass and metal. Oh, and it's only $65.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/inwatch-meizu-team-offer-65-smartwatch/

gsmarena_001.jpg

COMIC SANS

its an iPhone copy... a  bit too obvious...

I mean look at that lockscreen

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The looks remind me of an ipod touch ^^ I guess we'll have to see how it performs compared to a nexus 5

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

*21.7 MP Sony Exmor R Camera. 

The source and the OppoMart listing clearly state that it is a 20.7MP camera. 

COMIC SANS

how did they end get that sony sensor?

and mediatek is well known. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

The source and the OppoMart listing clearly state that it is a 20.7MP camera. 

Oops... Thinking their Z3 again. The 21.7MP is a concept...

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Question is what's the battery...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I don't see how it's not possible. The OnePlus One - another $300 smartphone - is using a Sony camera as well. 

I'm aware of this, but here in the USA (I can't speak for other countries) they're not so well known, at least not by the mainstream crowd. MediaTek SoC are more commonly found in Chinese smartphones. 

COMIC SANS

Question is what's the battery...

Woops. Can't believe I forgot to add that in. My bad. The source and the OppoMart listing state that is is using a 3,100mAh battery. 

(Edited in the battery in my OP.) 

COMIC SANS

lol mediatek

Oh come on, MediaTek honestly isn't that bad. 

COMIC SANS

I don't see how it's not possible. The OnePlus One - another $300 smartphone - is using a Sony camera as well. 

I'm aware of this, but here in the USA (I can't speak for other countries) they're not so well known, at least not by the mainstream crowd. MediaTek SoC are more commonly found in Chinese smartphones. 

But the 20.7 sensor has only been on Sony phones because it's their best sensor. the oneplus one sensor and all the other sony sensors are comparable but not as good as the sony one.

I'd pick this up actually just to see if it's any good.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

@TopWargamer you forgot one neat piece of kit...the smart watch you can get to go with it for $65.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Yes, it's glass and metal.

iPhone copy or not, a good phone is a good phone.  

I'm hoping he was just being sarcastic.

Sony sells their sensors to whoever will pay them money. As do most companies with such offerings. For example LG makes a huge number of displays for many, many companies.

But the 20.7 sensor has only been on Sony phones because it's their best sensor. the oneplus one sensor and all the other sony sensors are comparable but not as good as the sony one.

I'd pick this up actually just to see if it's any good.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure it's been in other products.

What an awkward resolution. 1920 x 1152?

It's 1080p with some space left over for their on screen buttons..so you always get the full 1080p. Personally I think it's a great idea and more OEM's should adopt it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@TopWargamer you forgot one neat piece of kit...the smart watch you can get to go with it for $65.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Yes, it's glass and metal.

This would be more fitting as its own thread, but since you posted it, i'll just go ahead and add it to my OP. If you make a thread about it, I'll edit it out. But thats' really cool, and damn does it look good. 

COMIC SANS

Now people hopefully wont buy from OnePlus.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

This would be more fitting as its own thread, but since you posted it, i'll just go ahead and add it to my OP. If you make a thread about it, I'll edit it out. But thats' really cool, and damn does it look good. 

Haha, nah go nuts. You're the news reporter ;)

It does  however claim a couple of months battery life, so I get the feeling its uses are a lot more restrictive than something with Android Wear on it. Hell the LG watch has the same spec as the Moto G iirc.

I'd imagine it's a stiff competitor for something like a Pebble though.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@TopWargamer

It's 1080p with some space left over for their on screen buttons..so you always get the full 1080p. Personally I think it's a great idea and more OEM's should adopt it.

wouldn't it be 17xx by 1080? instead of 1920x1152.

Computing enthusiast. 

wouldn't it be 17xx by 1080? instead of 1920x1152.

....if anything it should be 1992x1080, but I see your point.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

That actually looks like a nice phone, if I got one, I might swap the launcher but hey-ho. I would order one but there's a couple of problems for me.

1) Because of the looks and me being in school, everyone will blatently say "you're too cheap to get an iPhone" ect

2) Dont know about around the world, but the UK has stupid import terms,

i) buy item, ii)pay shipping, iii) pay what the VAT is worth (I think its either 17.5% or 20%), iv) Hope Customs don't seize it as counterfit goods (If they do, you have lost your money if you don't contest against the desision), v) Pay Customs Charge, then steps i-v, will be the same for optional accessories such as the smart watch.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

1) Because of the looks and me being in school, everyone will blatently say "you're too cheap to get an iPhone" ect

The phone is made out of aluminum alloy...I highly doubt that your friends will be able to mock a phone that looks nice... 

COMIC SANS

I have a mediatek phone and it is just as good as a qualcomm cpu wise, gpu is a lot worse if you compare them to qualcomm and specially nvidia, the biggest issue is that there is no cyanogenmod support and it is really hard to get any custom roms/mods at all on a mediatek phone. Other than that i don't see it as a bad phone.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

The phone is made out of aluminum alloy...I highly doubt that your friends will be able to mock a phone that looks nice... 

Oh I don't know, I think they will. They are some suck up people some times. Either you have an iPhone, or the leading Android counterpart from HTC or Samsung. I remember when the iPhone first came out and when Android became popular. Everyone with them and there was me with my Sony Ericsson k770i, which I still have (not in service) but has seen better days. I got nothing against this phone as I think it looks amazing, but it's point 2 of my other post that is stopping me as I am in need of a new phone, that, and I don't have the funds to do so right now. As for that smart watch, for $65, I think thats just around £50 with VAT, you can't really argue.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)