** CLOSED ** HTC Forum Giveaway - A Chance to Win 1 of 4 HTC Phones!

LinusTech

Hope the god of luck be with me and i shall win XD
Big thanks to HTC!!

I'm in, and thanks for making this international. I'm lookin straight at that lovely Windows phone 8X.

Facebook : (dont know how to get direct link to status, but its on my timeline!!) https://www.facebook.com/UnamusedTroll?ref=tn_tnmn

Twitter: ( again dont know how to get direct link to tweet but its there, trust me!!) https://twitter.com/Daniel_Satur_HD

Forum: (couldnt find my post, anyway it is somewhere in there) http://forum.brighthand.com/headline-news/

Thanks Linus and HTC!!

Edited by Garden_Phantom

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

The amplifier's differential inputs consist of a V+ input and a V input, and ideally the op-amp amplifies only the difference in voltage between the two, which is called the differential input voltage. The output voltage of the op-amp is given by the equation:

a4179219e5088e976325ffbac3e88948.png

where V+ is the voltage at the non-inverting terminal, V is the voltage at the inverting terminal and AOL is the open-loop gain of the amplifier (the term "open-loop" refers to the absence of a feedback loop from the output to the input).

The magnitude of AOL is typically very large—100,000 or more for integrated circuit op-amps—and therefore even a quite small difference between V+ and V drives the amplifier output nearly to the supply voltage. Situations in which the output voltage is equal to or greater than the supply voltage are referred to as saturation of the amplifier. The magnitude ofAOL is not well controlled by the manufacturing process, and so it is impractical to use an operational amplifier as a stand-alone differential amplifier. Without negative feedback, and perhaps with positive feedback for regeneration, an op-amp acts as a comparator. If the inverting input is held at ground (0 V) directly or by a resistor, and the input voltage Vinapplied to the non-inverting input is positive, the output will be maximum positive; if Vin is negative, the output will be maximum negative. Since there is no feedback from the output to either input, this is an open loop circuit acting as a comparator. The circuit's gain is just the AOL of the op-amp.

magnify-clip.png

If predictable operation is desired, negative feedback is used, by applying a portion of the output voltage to the inverting input. The closed loop feedback greatly reduces the gain of the amplifier. When negative feedback is used, the circuit's overall gain and response becomes determined mostly by the feedback network rather than by the op-amp itself. If the feedback network is made of components with relatively constant, stable values, the variability of the op-amp's open loop response does not seriously affect the circuit's performance. The response of the op-amp circuit with its input, output and feedback circuits to an input is characterized mathematically by a transfer function. Designing an op-amp circuit to have a desired transfer function is in the realm of electrical engineering. The transfer functions are important in most applications of op-amps, such as in analog computers. High input impedance at the input terminals and low output impedance at the output terminal(s) are particularly useful features of an op-amp.

For example, in a non-inverting amplifier (see the figure on the right) adding a negative feedback via the voltage divider RfRg reduces the gain. Equilibrium will be established when Vout is just sufficient to reach around and "pull" the inverting input to the same voltage as Vin. The voltage gain of the entire circuit is determined by 1 + Rf/Rg. As a simple example, if Vin = 1 V and Rf = Rg, Vout will be 2 V, the amount required to keep V at 1 V. Because of the feedback provided by RfRg this is a closed loop circuit. Its overall gain Vout / Vin is called the closed-loop gain ACL. Because the feedback is negative, in this case ACL is less than the AOL of the op-amp.

Another way of looking at it is to make two relatively valid assumptions.
One, that when an op-amp is being operated in linear (not saturated) mode, the difference in voltage between the non-inverting (+) pin and the inverting (−) pin is so small as to be considered negligible.[4]
The second assumption is that the input impedance at both (+) and (−) pins is extremely high (at least several megohms with modern op-amps).
Thus, when the circuit to the right is operated as a non-inverting linear amplifier, Vin will appear at the (+) and (−) pins and create a current i through Rg equal to Vin/Rg. Since Kirchhoff's current law states that the same current must leave a node as enter it, and since the impedance into the (−) pin is near infinity, we can assume the overwhelming majority of the same current i travels through Rf, creating an output voltage equal to Vin + i × Rf. By combining terms, we can easily determine the gain of this particular type of circuit.

d5910396223782b836faf7729b7f6792.png 37e6e1c2612d9a36738ce83a962a20a6.png 3902716dd1804cf4eefffd6757cfae9c.png

I've heard that a student can say anything he/she wants

I'm in

international giveaway from an american youtuber i dont see that often 

SPONSOR MESSAGE (please read)HTC has been making massive waves with their HTC One Android smartphone, and while unfortunately we are not able to bring you any HTC Ones in this giveaway, the available options are absolutely rockin'. My wife has been using a DROID DNA for quite a while now, and with its S4 Pro processor and gorgeous 1080p screen it is a head-turner in spite of, or perhaps BECAUSE of the fact that most people don't recognize exactly what phone it is, particularly here in Canada.

TLDR: HUGE thanks to HTC for making this giveaway possible. You guys freakin' rock and the support you're showing for our brand new community is overwhelming!

attachicon.gifHTC logo.jpg

PHONE GIVEAWAY RULES & REGULATIONS 

Guys, this is one of the biggest giveaways we've ever done. HTC is making it all possible by providing us with not one, not two, not three, not four... Oh wait actually four.

attachicon.gifthe count.jpg

FOUR phones to give away!! ah-ah-ah-ah-ah.....

Not only that, but you get to PICK your prize! Read on for more details.

This is a Linus Tech Tips giveaway, so I'm keeping it "unofficial" and opening it up to the world. With that said HTC is going to cover helping me ship TWO of the phone globally, while the other two will only be shipped to the USA only. We will draw four winners and in a case where more than 2 winners are outside of the USA will we re-draw.

Now for the really cool part. You actually get to PICK the phone you want from the list of available phones! With that said, the phones available in the different regions vary a little bit.

Prizes: 4 HTC smartphones with a "pick your prize" approach!

USA winners can pick between the following: 

DROID DNA

HTC 8X

HTC One S

HTC EVO 4G LTE

HTC One X+

International winners can pick between the following:

HTC One X+

HTC 8X

HTC 8S

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

1x entry - Post in this thread. Anything is fine. We will be tabulating entries based on the posts in this thread. Double posting will DISQUALIFY you. If you decide after you've posted to share to social networks EDIT your existing post rather than creating another one.

1x bonus entry - Include a link in your post of you sharing a link to this giveaway announcement thread on your personal Twitter or Facebook account1x bonus entry - Include a link in your post of you sharing a link to this giveaway announcement thread in some other community (forums, social networks, super-active community websites other than linustechtips.com like Digg... etc). We aren't trying to spam so make sure you are sharing with people who you genuinely think will care about it!You can get a maximum of 3 entries by including links in your post to the two eligible sharing places. Here is an example of what a maximum entry (3) post would look like:                                                                                                                                                                                     

1. Thanks for the cool contest, Linus. HTC rocks for making this happen.

2. Facebook share from (Name Goes Here): (insert verifiable link here)OR

Twitter share with Twitter handle @example: (insert verifiable link here)

3. Community Site share with nickname (nickname goes here): (insert verifiable link here)

The contest closes June 30th and the winners will be contacted before July 31st. Good luck everyone! Thanks for participating, and a big thanks again to our sponsor, HTC!

Thanks for the cool contest, Linus. HTC rocks for making this happen.

Glad to see a giveaway, maybe I win something :P Good luck to everyone.

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/general-discussion/linus-doing-huge-giveaway-go-sign/141773

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Huge giveaway, <a href="http://t.co/ng1Lz1gFoQ" title="http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20876-htc-forum-giveaway-a-chance-to-win-1-of-4-htc-phones/">linustechtips.com/main/topic/208…</a></p>— Hugh Mostad-Holter (@Hugh706) <a href="https://twitter.com/Hugh706/status/340556564266119169">May 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT: This has been posted by mistake, it is actually my intel i7 giveaway entry, my entry for the HTC giveaway is a few posts above, please don't disqualify me :(

I would love to win! Looking for a new phone right now actually.

I would be nice to win a new phone. Mine is old and slow. Nice giveaway Linus!!!! Good luck every one :) Every one is a winner on linustechtips.com :)

I could use an upgrade from my one v ,its gotten kinda slow :(

Thank you Linus For bringing us this giveaways