Best Free Word Processor?

Raichuboy17

LibreOffice>Calligra Office>OpenOffice.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

libre office for local works but i prefer office online, because it has most of the important feature of the full office package and is always compatible with normal docx files even if it has something that you can't use like wordart as an example, g docs is nice but the vanilla version is lackluster expect for the multiple users function and its a bit faster, but imo office online is better

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

google docs better than the paid ms office

How is it better?

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

How is it better?

automatic saving to cloud, can download as basically any format word, pdf, html. you can share the link and have many people working on a document at the same time. there are open source addons available 

You can try Microsoft's free alternative to Google Docs. All you need to do is create a Microsoft account, and you should immediately have access to it. 

It includes the functions most people need, but honestly, I haven't really missed anything while I was using it. 

Hope this helps  :)

In my experience, all free programs leave sooo much to be desired. Avoid them all, at all cost. They either lack functionality or screw with layout of documents. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Libreoffice is the best. It's Word but free.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Open Office is good, like Microsoft Office but free

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"