Quietest fan?

chrisnathan

So I've got a lone hard drive sitting on top of my power supply thats running quite hot so I decided to get a hard drive cooler for it. I found a few but I'm going to decided which one to get depending on what size  quietest fan I can find.

120mm: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119010

60mm: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119063

80mm: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233080

So whats the quietest 120, 60, or 80mm fan out there? I'm not looking for a really high performance one since its just going to be cooling 1 hard drive

Putting a hard drive on top of your power supply is probably not the best idea. For quiet fans, go with Noctua. If you dont care about the color or price, they are the best fans you can get for the combination of performance and low noise. 

Correct. If you care about looks, you'll probably find Noctua fans are hideous. If that's the case, go with Corsair's Quiet Edition fans.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The quietest fan is the fan that isn't spinning :P

Just kidding, it's really not a smart idea to keep a hard drive on top of your power supply. If anything, it would make more heat. Try placing the HDD elsewhere in your case (if you can) and see if it cools down a bit.

You don't need to cool a hard drive. Just sayin.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

The one on the fx5800 ultra

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Corsair has some quiet fans, but if you have a case with no windows or you don't care about the looks of the fans, take a Noctua fan. 

P.S. NOCTUA MAKE BETTER COLORED FANS PLEASE.

MSI MPower Big Bang | Intel 3570k

Samsung Pro 840 256GB | Asus R9 280x DirectCU II Top

Seasonic 750w Gold