Need a CPU cooler

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by mapegl,

The NH-D 15 has cut out edges for high-profile RAM. That is one of the differences between that model and the NH-D 14. So you should be fine.

Also, Nocuta's website is really aweseome for checking compatibility. They have listed all major RAM and mainboards on their site for every cooler. Just look at the cooler of your choice and then look on the left for compatibility. by default their page is in German, but you can switch the language to English.

Hi

I'm looking for a cooler for my 4690K for my upcoming build. Shouldn't be too big, I'm using pretty high profile RAM (GSkill Ripjaws X) and the top PCIe slot should still be available (I've seen D14s block them). Oh yeah, one more thing: I prefer Noctua. Thanks.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Planning to do much OC'ing OP?

inb4 H100i fanbois spam the thread

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Planning to do much OC'ing OP?

inb4 H100i fanbois spam the thread

Yep. I was thinking of the H100i actually, but then decided to do air cooling.

NH-D15 should not block anything really. The Be quiet dark rock pro 3 (if that is the name) is pretty good as well. Otherwise an H100i with SP120's is good too.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

NH-D15 should not block anything really. The Be quiet dark rock pro 3 (if that is the name) is pretty good as well. Otherwise an H100i with SP120's is good too.

Would the H100i fit in a 600T?

Noctua NH-D15 should just fit with those Ripjaws.

Kingston-HyperX-Beast-2400Mhz-CL11-13.jp

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The NH-D 15 has cut out edges for high-profile RAM. That is one of the differences between that model and the NH-D 14. So you should be fine.

Also, Nocuta's website is really aweseome for checking compatibility. They have listed all major RAM and mainboards on their site for every cooler. Just look at the cooler of your choice and then look on the left for compatibility. by default their page is in German, but you can switch the language to English.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Would the H100i fit in a 600T?

Yes.

dab1059a_8296282818_4205019be6_z.jpeg

But what you have to ask yourself, is are you okay with the small risk of that AIO cooler to leak at some point?

Okay, thanks. The D15 is also cheaper than the H100i here, so that's good.

Their site is English for me. It probably switches to German because you're German.

i would use a corsair H105 personally and just change the fans for ones that you like.
but if you want the a nouctua cpu cooler then NH-D15 is thet best one they make

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |