Recommendations?

SuperShires

Im planning to upgrade my current setup of some logitech  5.1 sound system that im running in 3.1, I have a big desk but very little room on it to place large speakers, I want Audioengine a5+'s but afraid I will not be able to get them to fit anywhere.

So I come to you guys for help, I know very little about setting up a system. The music I listen to focuses on bass so I have to take that into consideration, I was going to buy the a2+'s but afraid as they dont have a sub there wont be enough bass to satisfy the cost of upgrading as the system I have now does a pretty good job (quality wise and bass)

Also I've been told that a good dac and amp would boost the overall quality if I do upgrade my speaker setup. So any recommendations on a whole new setup up will be greatly appreciated (also note im not made of money so no over the top suggestions, A5+'s would be my cost limit)

I have included a couple pictures of my current setup to give you an idea of the space I have to work with, also I live in the UK, thanks.

How much room I have to work with:

http://imgur.com/geNtnCI

My current set of speakers (cant remember the model of them):

http://imgur.com/kHcBR6T

just want to say that active speaker like A5+ doesn't require that much amp compared to passive speaker.

I have the AudioEngine A5 (not +) and they are pretty nice. However, they don't really play suuuuper deep bass as they are not really made for it. So you would have to get a subwoofer to get that deep deep bass. I think they go as low as 60-65 Hz, and depending on the placement of the speakers, as they are rear-ported, you could get a bit more room rumble if you move them closer to the wall.

As Goldilock told you don't actually need an amplifier for these, as they are active.

I don't think any good bookshelf speakers are gonna fit in that space, OP. Even if they do, you wont be getting great sound out of them because you don't have room to adjust their angles.

If you can't get more room, maybe consider a minor upgrade like the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or Harmon Kardon Soundsticks.

I don't think any good bookshelf speakers are gonna fit in that space, OP. Even if they do, you wont be getting great sound out of them because you don't have room to adjust their angles.

If you can't get more room, maybe consider a minor upgrade like the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or Harmon Kardon Soundsticks.

Thanks for the feedback, with the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's would getting a dac too boost the overall sound quality (even just a minor difference)?

would getting a dac too boost the overall sound quality (even just a minor difference)?

If you don't hear any pops crackles or hiss with your current source, I wouldn't bother getting a different DAC.