Will 1*120mm and 1*140mm rads be enough to cool CPU and GPU, no overclock?

So, planning a watercooled build in a Bitfenix Prodigy, but I want to keep the optical drive. Will 1*120mm and 1*140mm rads be enough to cool CPU (i7-3770) and GPU (7870), no overclock? Thanks

You might have to run some pretty aggressive fans. But yes

Can be, but if you dont plan overclocking why go watercooling? You can also consider a pre done watercooler like the H80 ?!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

You can fit a 240mm rad easily on the top of the bitfenix prodigy. And to be honest, I wouldn't water-cool both CPU and GPU. I'd just put an H100/i and leave the GPU to take fresh air from the outside of the case...

You can fit a 240mm rad easily on the top of the bitfenix prodigy. And to be honest, I wouldn't water-cool both CPU and GPU. I'd just put an H100/i and leave the GPU to take fresh air from the outside of the case...
And I forgot to say that if you do buy a 240mm cooler for the CPU like the H100/i. I'd recommend you to overclock it...

Clearly you didn't read the OP.

The old rule of thumb for a quick basic is 120mm of rad per block plus an additional 120mm, for a minimum. Since you are no overclocking, may be doable. As Boosted mentions though, get some top quality static pressure fans though to help with the cooling.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The old rule of thumb for a quick basic is 120mm of rad per block plus an additional 120mm, for a minimum. Since you are no overclocking, may be doable. As Boosted mentions though, get some top quality static pressure fans though to help with the cooling.
Here is a build to check out...

http://rog.asus.com/152712012/news/prodigy-projekt-a-watercooled-overclocked-mini-itx-lan-monster/

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I did. But there is no reason not to use a 240mm if your case supports it... And the bitfenix prodigy does, so why not?!

You will be just fine with that setup. You wont have the ice old temps that some water coolers have but you will not come close to any kind of dangerous levels.

I personally run a i7-930 at 4ghz and a gtx 670 ftx at 1200mhz on a single 280mm rad. I hit about 70 degrees on the cpu and 50 on the gpu during a stress test of both.

For day to day I run it at 3.61 ghz and stock on the gpu. I get 58 degress on the cpu and 45 on the gpu.

So more rad surface area is always better but you would be surprised that you really don't need much to still get good temps.

Thanks for your help everyone. The setup at this time will most likely be a single 120mm rad and a 240mm, but the 240mm has to go at the front of the case because I need space for an optical drive. The downside of a 240mm is I may have to mod the case slightly to fit it in below the ODD, hence why I was considering the worth of a 140mm in its place. Not that modding the case concerns me as I am planning to add windows anyhow :)