Why does Thermaltake get such little love?

79wjd

They make some decent cases, yet I hardly ever see them get recommended 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

TBH they try to make their cases too "gamer-ish" to the point where it looks tacky.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

They make some decent cases, yet I hardly ever see them get recommended 

I think a lot of people like their case to just have nice clean lines - myself included - which is why brands like Corsair and Fractal Design often get recommended. Thermaltake's are pretty much all 'gamery' and whilst some people like that many don't.

I don't like the logo.

I own a Thermaltake Chaser MK 1 and i got to say its just a big slab of case with 5 fans in it (2 of which are Thermaltakes pure 20 that will need to be replaced cause they sould like a dying gearbox)

I like the V71 but i would like a fan on the side of the case.

edit i did it again ._.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

They don't deserve that much love. I have a Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, and just like every single other TT case: rough edges, hard drive cage that blocks at least 60% of the intake air, bad placement of things (I can't put my rad as push-exhaust because the expansion slots block the reservoir of my Corsair H60), and the material feels flimsy.

I don't like the logo.

Looks fine to me, but the way "Tt" is off-centered does bug me a bit. Just a bit. Also, it looks like a sawblade and who doesn't like sawblades? Or a not-Angry Sun with an off-centered tattoo. There's that tacky slogan and the way "cool all" is combined as "coolall" which makes it looks like you'd pronounce it: "coo-lawl".

ThermaltakeLogo.png

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I used to use one, for the most part it's worse then my current Silverstone case which would be fine if it cost less, but it didn't.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Their cases don't have the best build quality and as some have stated already they look too gamer-y. I personally would never buy a thermaltake case for my system and wouldn't recommend one to someone either

Life.exe is missing

They look like they're meant for some kid that wants a "Gaming PC" and spends $1,500 on rubbish and has no idea how much he got ripped off.

yeah that's happen to me, although it was raidmax case but i did chose good parts that are perfect and have no bottlenecks.

Some of them - the Urban's mainly - look quite sharp. Though no idea what they're like to build in.

I use a Level 10 GT on my workstation though, and it's just so good (not necessarily build quality, and appearance is "gamer-y") due to just how practical it is. The HDD hotswap alone is the greatest thing ever for RAID arrays, and I've never seen a front panel that compares. It has its flaws, but the benefits for me far outweighed the negatives. One of the best cases I've ever built in. 

Aesthetics is completely subjective, but that build quality... ugh. 

the stigma that has followed them from the earlier years of "ThermalTacky" is

a hard one to push out. the attempts of re-defining their chassis hasn't really

caught on, but showing good promise with livable price points. but i haven't

considered them as a potential chassis for any of my builds and prolly won't

in the future..

The only thing good about them is their badass name. If they put their effort into everything else, it would be great, but it isn't.

I only like their cases that look like they're from NZXT.

Thermaltake Urban T81 

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha

Well, cases are mostly chosen by personal taste. Since most Thermaltake cases are flashy, they are usually not on my list. I do enjoy some of their tt Esport product (though some of them are just way overpriced).

Nevertheless they are a good brand and for the right price they can even be recommended. A couple of weeks back I just build a system in a Vesa H21 case from Thermaltake. Pretty rough on the edges but for the price it was the only one available with a window version.

I have one its plain looking and I paid $19.99 on sale

I needed a cheap case for an almost media server like pc that was going on top of a shelf that rarely will be touched except for maintenance.

well there are numbers of people in my country who endorsed the Water Extreme 3.0 

edit: Thermaltake Versa case are quite famous for budget builders here of it's cheap price with windowed side panel 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

They try to make their stuff look too 11-year old 360noscoperfuckyourmother gamery. The only thing I liked from Thermaltake was the old Polo 2 CPU cooler. That bitch tamed a Prescott CPU with no problem, but it was pretty noisy.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They used to be really popular but better companies came along.

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

They have generally failed to innovate and well not so hot marketing. They haven't failed as hard as antec though. They do make certain nice products but the rest are nothing special.