What's next after the CM Hyper 212 Evo?

MooseParade

I'm currently running an AMD Phenom II x4 965BE @3.8ghz with a CM Hyper 212 Evo with dual CM Blademasters in push/pull and I'll be upgrading my rig in the next week to an 8350 on my Asrock 970A Extreme3. My question is pretty simple, what's the next step up from the Evo? I'd prefer to stay air as I've never water cooled before and I'm still a little apprehensive about it.

My rig: (Upgrades in bold parenthesis)

AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE (AMD FX-8350)

CM Hyper 212 Evo

Asrock 970A Extreme3

G.Skill 4gb 1333 Dual Channel (adding another matching 2x2gb)

MSI GTX 650 Ti PE/OC (Might upgrade, might not)

Seagate Barracuda 500gb SATA3 (Adding an OCZ Agility 3 120gb from a friend)

Corsair CX600 80+ Bronze

XClio 320 Mid Case (Corsair 400R)

Hey, looks like we have a pretty similar setup!

Check out my build here and the benchmarks I got with a 8350 and H100i Cooler:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry248857

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

This awesome beautiful CPU Cooler. Love it.

If you can spend a bit more buy the high end one from Be quiet!

Hhmm, when I click on either of your links it takes me to the NCIX.com home page

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Hhmm, when I click on either of your links it takes me to the NCIX.com home page

I get to the product's page.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

I get to the product's page.

What's the product? 

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

What's the product? 

Its, 

Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2 Silentwings CPU Cooler

The other one is The 

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Silentwings CPU Cooler

Edit: Sorry for the multiple questions, I can be annoying as well lol. One more question. Is the thermal paste that came with the 212 Evo good enough or is there something better?

Yes its good enough, other stuff is better but theres little reason to buy them if you already have a tube of the evo stuff.  Could get 2x SP120's and slap them on or the Noctua NF-F12PWM.  Even just replacing the stock fan (1 fan on the cooler) will decrease your temperatures as the EVO stock fan is for silence.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I'm almost out of the Cooler Master TIM, I've used it on a couple laptops and another desktop so I do need a new tube. I used to use AS5 but heard there's better out there. Prolimatech?

Corsair SP120 2 pack $26.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027 two for the price of one Noctua. 

Prolimatech Pro-PK1 $9.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242019

I know you said that you didn't want to go to water cooling but I would still recommend a closed loop corsair cooler. If you ARE worried about the unit leaking, there are some epic threads talking about how corsair mailed the user a check to cover the expense of the damaged part. Let me see if i can find the post and link it hold on...

I'm pretty sure this is it, however I can't verify because my school firewall blocks ocn -_-

http://www.overclock.net/t/1232888/corsairs-response-to-leaking-h100/10

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Thank you for that article, but after reading it I'm still stuck on air. I think I'll keep the 212 Evo, invest in a couple SP120's and do some research for a new thermal paste/grease/TIM

Thank you for that article, but after reading it I'm still stuck on air. I think I'll keep the 212 Evo, invest in a couple SP120's and do some research for a new thermal paste/grease/TIM

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f1/500x1000px-LL-f16cc9ce_imageview.gif

It's from awhile ago, but its still relevant.

Just use chocolate or toothpaste!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f1/500x1000px-LL-f16cc9ce_imageview.gif

It's from awhile ago, but its still relevant.

Just use chocolate or toothpaste!

Mustard didn't perform too bad and it's hella cheap. Not to mention I could have a hot dog while cleaning my rig, spill a little and be good to go. Good info Matsy, thanks.