"Call Of Duty: Ghosts Next-Gen Engine Isn't That New"

Lol it's Infinity Ward after all what do you expect? They are just calling it new so people would actually buy their game which they probably are gonna do without saying. I willing to bet that even without any sort of promotion or ads Call of Duty Ghosts will sell very well.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Didn't they call all there other "engines" new every single year...lol

Lets see if they have reused assets from previous games.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I can't wait to see if they're still using all the same fonts, menus, and HUD from MW2.

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

No surprise, altough i would like to see an actually brand new engine...

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Well, the engine is OK, but the game that is made so fast cannot be. They should take 3 years to make one, support modding community and rest happens by itself.

Seriously, why game companies do not follow Valve`s way of doing things?  

I bet you could mod cod4 so that it looks exactly the same... They should build a new engine from scratch IMO

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I can only say, like others have, that I am not surprised nor do I care.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Seriously, why game companies do not follow Valve`s way of doing things?  

Like not releasing episode three for..... I can't count that high years?

I love valve games, but some of the things they do (or don't, as the case may be), REALLY PISS ME OFF!

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

But it has dense JUNGLES... and high resolution textures on your arms... and DOGS.... and the fish swim away, that is REVOLUTIONARY!!!! That definitely requires a new engine...

TBH all COD games make use of a "new" engine (with a new name that is) which is actually a slightly modified version of the same one.

also this has already been posted : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/19693-call-of-duty-ghosts-not-using-new-engine-as-previously-claimed/?hl=%2Bcall+%2Bduty

Of course it's not redesigned! Why would they spend the money to do something that none of the console gamers care about?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Ghosts vs battlefield 3 guess which one is bf3?

Isnt the image at the right pre-rendered?

Lol it's Infinity Ward after all what do you expect? They are just calling it new so people would actually buy their game which they probably are gonna do without saying. I willing to bet that even without any sort of promotion or ads Call of Duty Ghosts will sell very well.

that's basically what they do. they upgrade the engine almost every year a little more.

They started with a modified Quake 3 engine witch is 5 years old now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Ghosts vs battlefield 3 guess which one is bf3?

I am not one to defend call of duty but I think that although the scene for the bf3 face was in the campaign, I think it is pre rendered. That said the Call of duty ghost character looks pathetic for a "new engine"

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram