Where to get this Cherry mx key tester from?

BlackVirus

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard and words don't mean anything to me, I can read reviews as much as I like but I need to test them out myself.

I've seen a video where this person has all types of switches available on this pad:

Where can I get something like this myself? I live in the UK btw :)

thanks in advance

It looks like... yeah, that's not actually a product you can buy: a guy took a mechanical numpad and just installed the different colour switches in it, then lent it to different members of that community to try out.

Too bad, something like that (if it wasn't too expensive) would be really helpful for comparisons - even in a retail setting if nothing else.

The (I'm assuming) original thread where he announces the idea is here, albeit with the pictures not working anymore.

As Sanguinn said, that's a one-off 'mod' made by someone. However, you can buy This from WASDkeyboards. It doesn't come on a board, however you can still get a feel for the different type of switches, then place them on a table and try them - it's not ideal but does the job for a very good price. They are based in the US, however i have ordered from them before ( I'm in the UK aswell ) and shipping was very reasonable and only took around 2 weeks with the cheapest / slowest shipping option.