New Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

StuS

I'm in dire need of a new keyboard and mouse as my current MS Wireless Keyboard 3000 keeps cutting out no matter which USB port its plugged into. I just finished my new gaming computer so I'm looking for a good gaming keyboard that is also good for typing as I do some programming.

I looking for a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches (from what I've read. I haven't used a mechanical keyboard yet.) and preferably a full keyboard. I also need partial or full backlighting as I do most of my gaming in the dark and I tend to lose my place on the keyboard.

I had decided on this Roccat Kone[+] and Isku combo until I realized it was a membrane keyboard.

Others I considered are the Ducky Shine II (didn't like having to pay to ship it from the states) and the CM Quickfire TK.

As for the mouse I've always liked the R.A.T. series but I don't want to take a gamble with the build quality. I was looking at the CM Storm Recon but I saw the Kone[+] and that lead me to the combo. I'd like a larger mouse as my hands are fairly big, but as long as its not small it should be fine.

I'd love to hear your suggestions and experiences. I'm not very concerned about the number of buttons, provided it has Back/Forward navigation buttons and a scroll wheel.

Mice: CM Storm Recon is good, especially with the A3090 sensor, but you might want to disable the two right side-buttons...supposedly they get pressed easily by accident. The Deathadder and R.A.T. 3 are also good, but the build quality isn't guaranteed on either of them.

Keyboards: You can get the Shine II from CCL Computers, Micro Direct or KustomPCs. The TK with browns isn't out yet, but the Quickfire Pro and Trigger are both decent keyboards, plus there's the Logitech G710...Any of those would be fine, it just depends on your price/features preference.

If you want cherry MX brown switches, you might want to check out the logitech G710+. Beautiful keyboard, great macro software (best in the world actually) And for the mouse I would suggest a G700 or a G600. I have a RAT7 and I'm kind of dissapointed with it in comparison to my logitech mice.

Actually, a big reason why I keep getting logitech mice is because of the amazing software. I am not planning on ever getting another brand of mice. Not because I'm a fanboy, but if I would have to do without logitech gaming software, my keyboard might as well not have any macros at all. Or mouse.

The choice of switch is just based off of reading. It doesn't have to be Cherry MX Brown but they seem to be the "best" for gaming and typing. I'm switching from a membrane keyboard, so any switch type would be an improvement. As long as they aren't super loud any type should be fine.

I've never been a fan of Logitech products, but the amount of people praising their keyboards and mice is overwhelming. I'll check those out for sure.

Well, the G15 gen1 is known to be pretty much the best membrane keyboard in the history of mankind. But this G710+ is just amazing. I love typing and gaming on this. I would've probably preferred blues tbh, but hey, not much one can do. I just know that I don't really like reds because of the lack of tactile feedback.

I'm close to placing my order. The keyboard looks awesome and seems to have everything I need and hits my stretch goals. I'm not completely sold on the mouse though. $120 and its not rubberized? I don't really like the G600 but I'm considering the G700. Its extra temping since it is $30 off right now.