Petition for Razer to switch back to Cherry MX

Activism has cheapened.

No, no, I'm sure that there are good reasons to feel that switches that feel slightly different are a bigger issue that minor things like net neutrality, healthcare, gun violence, and anti-competitive mergers.

Hmm? That literally tells me nothing.

There's a massive difference between MX Blacks and MX Browns, but that doesn't mean one is inherently better or worse than the other.

You're going to need to provide something a little bit more substantial if you're going to claim their key switches are "poo".

NOOO i meant a massive difference in the fact that aside from switches, Razer have bad software, no palm rest, no dedicated media keys, and 1 year warranty as opposed to 2 and 3 years from Corsair and Logitech respectively. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Stop buying from Razer until they switch to Cherry MX and improve build quality. Wake up, sheeple!

Sheeple I summon thee. Unleash chaos.

Git Gud.

My brother's 13" MBA plays Tomb Raider on 'ultra,' and can max Bioshock Infinite.

It's the Intel Iris, so heat isn't an issue. It's surprisingly capable.

That is a MASSIVE load of BS

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Those are all terrible compared to Filco, DAS, Ducky, and some of the others.

as reflected in their pricing

That is a MASSIVE load of BS

Excuse me?

Excuse me?

The 13 inch retina with iris non-pro gpu maxing out tomb raider and bioshock infinite is a massive load of BS

The 13 inch retina with iris non-pro gpu maxing out tomb raider and bioshock infinite is a massive load of BS

I said MBA- 1440x900 is a little different than Retina xD

Also the Retina has Iris Pro I believe.

I said MBA- 1440x900 is a little different than Retina xD

Also the Retina has Iris Pro I believe.

only 15 inch retinas have iris pro, or 5200. 13 inch has 5100, aka Iris

I never said they were ^^ but you see, there is a fault in your argument: beats knock-offs are just that, knock-offs, products that are sold as copies of the original product from another brand. Razer hasn't made "cherry mx" switches, they aren't trying to sell them as copies of the originals, they made their own (the design is fairly different if I recall correctly). So they aren't knock offs, they are just like every other original product that gets manifactured in china.

That's true.

Honestly, if I were in Razers shoes, I'd probably have done the same thing. Between Cherry not being able to keep up with shipments, and then offering RGB switches exclusively to a competitor, I'd break trade agreement and look elsewhere as well. Guaranteed that's why companies like Razer and Tesoro are doing it, it just happens that in Razers shoes, they got to play around with the switches a little

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

NOOO i meant a massive difference in the fact that aside from switches, Razer have bad software, no palm rest, no dedicated media keys, and 1 year warranty as opposed to 2 and 3 years from Corsair and Logitech respectively. 

That's a bit off point, this was a thread on wether we should petition for razer to get cherry switches back. If you weren't going to buy their keyboards regardless for other reasons then why are you here?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's a bit off point, this was a thread on wether we should petition for razer to get cherry switches back. If you weren't going to buy their keyboards regardless for other reasons then why are you here?

Agreed. If people already think that Razer is overpriced and has bad/buggy software, then what are you doing in this thread to begin with?

Frankly, I personally wasn't going to buy a Razer keyboard anytime soon anyway (I've got a G710+), but I would definitely consider them for a next purchase, and I'd wait to see detailed reviews of the new switches before automatically claiming they are "shit" with no evidence (As I've seen here many times - I've yet to see any evidence that the new switches are bad).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No; I kind of prefer the Razer Switches xD

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

only 15 inch retinas have iris pro, or 5200. 13 inch has 5100, aka Iris

That's right. And the MBA just has the 5000.

They cost the same.

Das Keyboard 4 professional = 169, Vengeance K70 = 119

because i'm discussing why razer as a company sucks and the only good thing they've ever made is the new razer blade.

because i'm discussing why razer as a company sucks and the only good thing they've ever made is the new razer blade.

So again, how is a thread like this relevant if you weren't going to buy their stuff anyway. And again, on the switch complaint, read my last post.

Companies like Razer, like Tesoro, are turning away from Cherry BECAUSE of Cherry. They screwed a lot of companies big time with the exclusivity deal on the RGB switches, they screwed a lot of companies big time when they can't meet deadlines on deliveries, and yet it's the companies looking for alternatives, rather than allow Cherry to control the market, and give preference to competitors, essentially having a monopoly, that forums such as this have been condemning.

Can you see why that logic is a little bit flawed

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Stop this slacktivism crap is just vote with your wallet, that however won't be enough as people buy Razer stuff purely on the basis that its made by Razer. They're like beats, my advice is to move onto a good brand and leave Razor to the plebs.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Das Keyboard 4 professional = 169, Vengeance K70 = 119

The Duck DK SHine II/III are both around $130

So again, how is a thread like this relevant if you weren't going to buy their stuff anyway. And again, on the switch complaint, read my last post.

Companies like Razer, like Tesoro, are turning away from Cherry BECAUSE of Cherry. They screwed a lot of companies big time with the exclusivity deal on the RGB switches, they screwed a lot of companies big time when they can't meet deadlines on deliveries, and yet it's the companies looking for alternatives, rather than allow Cherry to control the market, and give preference to competitors, essentially having a monopoly, that forums such as this have been condemning.

Can you see why that logic is a little bit flawed

The only reason other key switches exist is because Cherry's patent expired, similar to what happened to LEGO, and like LEGO there are now dozens of cheap Chinese knock-off brands that have clone copy products of the original. It's intellectual theft. This is why many people are against these new Kahl switches because they have not innovated or made any real changes to Cherry's design, they simply copy, manufacture dirt cheap in chinese factories and sell their garbage to stupid people. Even if the Kahl switches are "better" (which they aren't because they are chinese, instantly making them shit) they are still coping Cherry's work, which I do not support. If <insert your favorite band> came out with a new album next week, and sold it for $12 because their music is subjectively higher quality than other stuff, then the next week someone clone copies every single song and releases an album for half the price would that be fair? No, it wouldn't because that's complete bs. Likewise, Kahl can kiss my ass, actually no, Kahls dirt lips aren't worthy enough to touch my skin, dirty freaking peasants.