Acer 4K monitor with G-Sync spotted

dragoon20005

Anyone seen this monitor on a US site for sale?

From what I´ve seen so far the release will be by the end of September 2014.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I have 2 gtx 780 ti over clocked in sli and play games in 4k at 60 fps on very high or ultra settings using asus' pb287q. If gsync makes a big enough difference I would consider getting the acer as my gaming monitor and the asus as a auxiliary display.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Yeah that's what I meant Warframe isn't hardware hungry at all... the recommended system requirements are very low. When you throw a current game on a single 780 in 4K you will see FPS drops below 20.

In order to get acceptable performance in 4K a SLI or CF is more a requirement than a recommendation IMHO.

Ur right. But the point was that u don't need to play whit 24fps, if u son't have harrdware to run it why to byu display like this? cause it has 4k if u need it in future? No point imo... Most likely u get 4k monitors cheaper in future when u can run it... :)

But if I wanna byu it I byu it and get the Hardware to run it.. ( tho my wife don't agree whit that idea:) ) 

I just spend 2500€ last august and now 1900€ :) but the point was that it would be nice to see a rewiew some time soon :)

@Geekazoid

it looks that the Acer 4K monitor with G-Sync is way cheaper than the ROG Swift monitor 

720 USD based on the 899 Introductory price and 879 USD for the original price

granted it TN and only runs at 60Hz

but hey who can't resist 4K resolution

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

@Geekazoid

it looks that the Acer 4K monitor with G-Sync is way cheaper than the ROG Swift monitor

720 USD based on the 899 Introductory price and 879 USD for the original price

granted it TN and only runs at 60Hz

but hey who can't resist 4K resolution

I'm kind of like "if it's not IPS I'm not interested" :D. Plus, until Windows gets proper scaling like OS X it's not quite worth it unless you have super awesomely sharp eyes. But given the fact that no one does I think I'll be waiting quite awhile (maybe until the year 2020 :D).

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm kind of like "if it's not IPS I'm not interested" :D. Plus, until Windows gets proper scaling like OS X it's not quite worth it unless you have super awesomely sharp eyes. But given the fact that no one does I think I'll be waiting quite awhile (maybe the year 2020 :D).

tell that to the TV makers 

LG is shoving 6K curve TV into our faces whether we like it or not

and most my anime are only 720P for TV release and 1080P on blu-rays

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Tell that to the TV makers. LG is shoving 6K curve TV into our faces whether we like it or not...

There seems to be a lot of fascination with curved TVs ATM. To me it's just a flammin' gimmick. It only makes sense for computer displays to be flippin' curved LG. ;)

...and most my anime are only 720P for TV release and 1080P on blu-rays

You watched that anime crap? Shame on you! :P (JK)

They probably no need to create amine in 4k/6K. ;)

There seems to be a lot of fascination with curved TVs ATM. To me it's just a flammin' gimmick. It only makes sense for computer displays to be flippin' curved LG. ;)

You watched that anime crap? Shame on you! :P (JK)

They probably no need to create amine in 4k/6K. ;)

maybe in a few years

but the japan anime and mnaga industry is shooting themselves in the leg trying to curb piracy with court orders to stop distribution of anime from popular sites where we get out anime and manga fix.  

but the japan anime and mnaga industry is shooting themselves in the leg trying to curb piracy with court orders to stop distribution of anime from popular sites where we get out anime and manga fix.

I personally don't watch that but Doctor Who instead.

It's like this:

Dragoon20005 is to anime as Geekazoid is to Doctor Who. :)

I personally don't watch that but Doctor Who instead.

It's like this:

Dragoon20005 is to anime as Geekazoid is to Doctor Who. :)

I do watch a few UK shows

Top Gear

I am like Richard Hammond

short but like Japanese muscle cars

We need a monitor with the following "specs":

OLED (no need for G-sync, better colors than IPS, VERY low imput lag and VERY high refresh rate, awesome contrast)

21:9

We need a monitor with the following "specs":

OLED (no need for G-sync, better colors than IPS, VERY low imput lag and VERY high refresh rate, awesome contrast)

21:9

Oh that wishful thinking. I 100% agree with you on that. :D

I do watch a few UK shows

Top Gear

I am like Richard Hammond

short but like Japanese muscle cars

Hmm...not really a fan of that show. Not my cup of tea. Speaking of tea, would you mind getting me one please? I go white with one. :P (JK)

BTW, what's the difference between a dragon and a dragoon?

Hmm...not really a fan of that show. Not my cup of tea. Speaking of tea, would you mind getting me one please? I go white with one. :P (JK)

BTW, what's the difference between a dragon and a dragoon?

it just the name ;)

they are just different species of dragons

i got my name from watching one particular anime Beyblade

the main hero uses a top with a dragon sprit called Dragoon

it just the name ;)

they are just different species of dragons

i got my name from watching one particular anime Beyblade

the main hero uses a top with a dragon sprit called Dragoon

I see. Interesting. :)

I will definetely  buy the Predator as soon as I can get it here in the US. This is for me, disregarding that it is TN, a very evolutionary step. 4K with G-Sync and nVidia getting ready to launch their new GM204 (hopefully GM200 soon) and I will order next week my X99 (probably the Asus Rampage V).

This will be for me a real step into next gen gaming and benchmarking.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Can you say where you're getting that from? I've been dying to try 4k with G-Sync, it's the only reason I didn't go with the ASUS model.

I'm waiting for this also.  First I cancelled my Samsung order, then cancelled my Asus order.  Ever since the xb280hk came out on Acer press news.  Do you think there's gonna be talk of 4K 144hz G-sync as soon as the xb280hk is released to the US.  Hahaha 

Swift is dead if it's truly $899

Not really. What if you can't afford a new GPU to power that 4k monitor.

here is the update with the monitor at the Comex IT show

seen the unit in person

even though it is a TN panel display

it do not display the weird dis-coloration when you look at the certain angle

you can adjust the height and tilt the display and even turn it to portrait mode

but there is one problem

the screen is really heavy and the base is kinda small

a slight bump and you see the screen wobble

and yes the stand also has the lighting to indicate G-Sync mode is active.

Samsung also have a 4K monitor with 1ms respond time but it lack the G-Sync and is only like 20 buck less than the Acer

seen the unit in person

Hows the colors on panel comparing to IPS (if you seens some ips panels before) ?

They they show it in work ? like playing game or something ?

Really interested in this monitor, but way to small ammount of info atm about it.

Hows the colors on panel comparing to IPS (if you seens some ips panels before) ?

They they show it in work ? like playing game or something ?

Really interested in this monitor, but way to small ammount of info atm about it.

they didnt have a ips screen to make a direct comparision. But other than the flimsy stand it prove to be a budget 4k screen with gaming features. But def not for porfessionsl work. Only use for gaming.

When and where can I buy it!?!?!?

it defers from region to region. The price they offered was to match the ROG Swift monitor.

This has been up for pre-order for some time in the UK. It's really cheap and I want it. It's £499.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-065-AC

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

they didnt have a ips screen to make a direct comparision. But other than the flimsy stand it prove to be a budget 4k screen with gaming features. But def not for porfessionsl work. Only use for gaming.

stand wont bother me much, i aint gona dance on top of it. aslong as screen is ok it is 4k with gsync.

it defers from region to region. The price they offered was to match the ROG Swift monitor.

Aye and it can defenetly compete with swift, not all people need 144hz while alot of people think about 4k and gsync is just a cherry on top.