Does your room temp go up when you game?

xdskiller

My room can go up 10C on a long gaming run, pushing a 780ti and 3570k @ 4.5 ghz and three monitors produces alot of heat. Under my desk it can get to 45C and CPU will run at around 55C and GPU 65C not to bad temperatures realy.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

My room temp doesn't go up noticeably. Though it should be noted that I mostly play with a window open and my rig is not as beefy as the ones of most people here.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Very much so, but I've come to find this is the same even when I console game.

I experimented one day, I stuck electronic thermometers around my room, and for sh*ts and giggles put a couple on myself.  I played for about 3hrs, then forgot I had the thermometers on me and went out to get food. 
When I came back I looked at the graphs. 

The television obviously emitted a good deal of heat, the console was outputting lots of heat, the temperature of my room slowly crept up.  But most interesting, my body temperature fluctuated a bit. 
When I stopped and timed out my gaming experience, in stressful and high climactic situations my body heat rose a few degrees, then dropped during normal more "relaxed" game play. 
So in my lil semi-sciency study, it wasn't just the hardware, but the person as well. 

But to answer the question at hand, yes, my closed room's temperature rose while gaming. 

Yep, by a couple degrees Celsius. I don't notice it when it's warming up but if I leave and come back I do. 

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Yes it does. Because science. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

No, because I have an air conditioner that's on all the time. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Any 290(x)/295 owners here? It would be interesting to hear from you guys! 

I have an MSI R9 290. I does get quite warm in my room when I'm playing games. I'd say outside my room it's 22C and inside my room it's close to 27. I keep my window open whenever I'm on my PC. When I play Dead Space my GPU gets to 95C.. So yeah it needs to stay cool.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

it certainly does.
The funny thing is, i watch my temps and they don't go up all the much but my room certainly does get hotter.
I even have a fan pointed at my face all day, and it still gets to the point where i just want to stop playing because it gets really hot.

But i never do stop playing.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

no

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

only if i close the door and window, or run aida 64 for a while

Unfortunately no. The A/C at my house works too well for that to happen. I am actually sitting down here most of the time and I have to use a blanket just to keep myself warm.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

never really notice.  It's usually pretty cool in my room, sometimes cooler than in the hallway where the thermostat is.

My room temperature is always warmer (than others) because I FAH and I have a Fermi card in my PC...

Holy crap since when did you get those pc's, I thought you only had a crappy laptop!

Good job!

no the heat from my computer just dissapears

ofc it heats up retard

Nerp. MacBooks FTW!

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Very much so, it gets rather warm, great in winter;)

It did when I was in my bedroom, but I haven't noticed it since moving to my larger living room

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Any 290(x)/295 owners here? It would be interesting to hear from you guys!

Believe me, my old HD 4870X2 was worse than any of those.... The exhaust was almost hot enough to give you burns.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I have no window (long story), and I have 4 computers running, that's:

1x GTX 680
1x GTX 650Ti
1x HD 7750
3x Core i5 3550

1x Core i7 3930k

TL;DR: Yes, it gets very hot in here very quickly. I have to have the air conditioning on 24x7 (mainly for ventilation, mind you).

<small rant>Power here is around 30c per kilowatt hour too - so this is not a cheap or advised thing to do</small rant>

Temperature Stats:
Prior to turning of air conditioning: 295.15 degrees K (22 C [71.6 f])

After 30 minutes: 300.15 degrees K (32 C [89.6 f])

After 1 hour: 305 degrees Kelvin (37 C [98.6 f])

And this is during the winter! I could not do this experiment in the summer...

Intel Core i7 3930k @ Stock    Corsair H80i    Zalman z11 Plus    16GB Corsair Memory     nVidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB     nVidia GeForce GTX 650Ti (PhysX, was a spare card)

Samsung 840 Series 120GB   Corsair Force 3 60GB    2 X 1TB WD Black    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / Mac OSX 10.8.3

Keyboard: Razar Black Widow Ultimate 2013    Mouse: Razar Deathadder 2013    Monitor(s): 2x BenQ GW2250 + LG Flatron E2211 + Generic GVA Aux Display / TV Speakers: Logitech z506 + 300w Sub

I live in Canada, during the winter, it is magical when the room heats up. I plan on gaming a lot during the winter with my new r9 280x.

My room temperature usually rises by 1-2 C during a long gaming session. During summer my room temp can get as high as 28-29C, but during winter it stays at a comfortable 20-22C.

not anymore it doesnt :)

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3