Best software for backup?

Johnjdpower

Just trying to get different opinions on backup solutions (software not NAS) through experience and not just reviews online. Thanks!

It depends largely on your situation.

What do you want to back up? (entire system? media or documents?)

where do you want to back up? (offsite cloud e.g. dropbox? local backup? to what type of media?)

How much data do you want to back up? how often?

acronis, nice for full image backups, but everything under 2012 does not support sync options (2012 does but i haven't tried it yet)

it also has a lot of built in retention functions.

novastor, nice for full image backups, also has a good sync option. not a lot of retention options.

im personally using acronis in combination with syncback pro.

acronis makes the backups of the C drive with the nice retention. in the mean time syncback pro handles the other disks witch only has data (photo's/ movies/ audio/ documents)

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

It depends largely on your situation. What do you want to back up? (entire system? media or documents?) where do you want to back up? (offsite cloud e.g. dropbox? local backup? to what type of media?) How much data do you want to back up? how often?

Sorry for not clarifying.

I would like to find the best solution for a full image backup of my 2 SSDs that will be my OS (512gb). I want to have this full image backed up on another local disk (I have a 1tb or 2tb to choose from). I would like this backup to be very frequent as my SSDs will be in RAID0 ( I know, I know) and I want to have a quick way to recover if one SSD fails.

I would like a local backup with an option for a cloud backup, but not a necessity as I use Dropbox for most of my important "everyday" files.

I hope this provides a little more direction.

acronis, nice for full image backups, but everything under 2012 does not support sync options (2012 does but i haven't tried it yet)

it also has a lot of built in retention functions.

novastor, nice for full image backups, also has a good sync option. not a lot of retention options.

im personally using acronis in combination with syncback pro.

acronis makes the backups of the C drive with the nice retention. in the mean time syncback pro handles the other disks witch only has data (photo's/ movies/ audio/ documents)

+1 for acronis, really easy to use to =)