Corsair RGB K70...Yay or Nay?...looking for opinions.

equippedbum
Go to solution Solved by equippedbum,

I'd say wait. It's not far off. And it'll be important to know if it'll have the same problem as the standard K70 did, which was LEDs dying after a few months.

Yeah...I'm gonna wait for a few firsthand reviews before I buy.

I'm sitting here wondering if I should pre-order it or not.

Yay or Nay...what's your reasoning?

I'd say wait. It's not far off. And it'll be important to know if it'll have the same problem as the standard K70 did, which was LEDs dying after a few months.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Yippity Yay!

Because the K70 is already wicked awesome and has the features you could want. And it is RGB!!!

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I really like it. It certainly beats the stupid "Chroma" keyboard from Razer. :/

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

OMG I wish I could afford it loL!

Its all looks these days

Wait for reviews to come out.

Looks good but not worth the extra $50 IMO

I would wait to see if other companies are going to follow trend and release their own RBG's. I would love a RBG Ducky. :>

I preoordered mine sunday shipped out yesterday i love the looks and itll match my Ambx RGB speakers

I would wait to see if other companies are going to follow trend and release their own RBG's. I would love a RBG Ducky. :>

That's what Razer did. I don't think it will be successful

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I would say yes, just don't buy Razer's steaming pile of bullshit.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yay, it's like the K70 which i like but it has customizable backlight. I don't like the Razer one so i'm getting the K70 RGB, i need an upgrade from my crappy membrane keyboard.

We can't speak for the product itself since it's not out yet. If you're questioning pre-ordering it, then it seems like you're hesitant and the best thing for you would be to wait for reviews. On the other hand, you can pre-order it and return it if you don't like it. 

I've been eyeing this keyboard for a while, I will be getting it after some reviews have been made. The non RGB K70 has had reported LED problems, even though the RGB variant mounts it's LEDs in it's switches instead of the PCB, I will wait as I'm not too in a hurry.

Since mine is coming early ill review it they said ones that shipped early are beta testers and recieve a free MM200 ill get it tomorrow

I'm waiting for reviews before I decide to buy. I already have the K90 which I really like but would like to get the K70 RBG with brown switches.

If Linus and other reviewers like this keyboard, i'll be seriously thinking of buying it.

What I really would like to have is an RGB version of the k60. I rarely need the numpad, I'd rather have a more compact keyboard.

its here and shes beautiful

Video review or you LIEEEEEEEEEE. Seriously though, review it ASAP.

246q69u.jpg

its here and shes beautiful

Any more in depth first impressions?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Well since it shipped early the software hasnt been released yet  the keyboard feel and looks great without the software it comes like this prelit  http://tinypic.com/r/2uoly6s/8

Oh of course, that didn't occur to me...

You could try and email someone at corsair, tell them you have one of the keyboards and see if you can't get some of the software for it.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

yea they told me theyd email me and add me to the beta list which should have the software and a free mm200 mouse mat