Displayport issue GTX 680 / BenQ XL2420T

Scia

Hi,

I'm having this random issue, where my screen will lose connection to the PC for about 30s, or like 10mins ago, completely until I reboot.

I have tried googling the problem, but havn't found a solution yet.

Also, my bios is being posted on one of my two other displays running on DVI [Reason why main monitor running on DP ^^]

Specs: 680 SLI, Asus z77 Sabertooth, 2500k, BenQ XL2420T, latest drivers for GPU [320.18]

Any suggestions? It makes me rage... hard.

Thx in advance :)

@Edit:

I have not experienced this problem using DVI-D, this is a fairly new problem worked flawlessly upto a week ago, all cables are plugged in correctly, my gpu is not overheating, neither is the PSU. So this can be ruled out.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

When you say "lose connection" do you mean it just goes black, or does the screen indicate a display output not found?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well the screen goes black for about 30s and but keeps the light on blue [on]

and 20mins ago it completely lost connection [No input detected] and went into sleep mode.

Thinking back, it started about when I installed 320.14 beta, and keeps going in 320.18 whql, I start to think this might be a driver issue of some sort, I always use a fresh install of the drivers [install wizard -> advanced -> clean install] hmmm, donno what to do to be honest, safe mode + sweeper + reinstall? Any other ideas what this could be?

when the display comes back on does it say in the bottom right hand corner saying something along the lines of "NVIDIA Drivers stopped working and have recovered"?

No, doesn't say anything.

Googling I found out that a Samsung Monitor is having the same issue with DP, and there it's driver related

hmmm

No, doesn't say anything.

Googling I found out that a Samsung Monitor is having the same issue with DP, and there it's driver related

hmmm

My Samsung had similar problems except over hdmi

My Samsung had similar problems except over hdmi

Ya I found a Samsung monitor mentioned all the time when googling for this issue.

I have reinstalled the drivers in safe mode after uninstalling ccleaning and driver sweeping in safemode.

Well now it works, at least it hasn't come back yet. But I lost my system tray icon of the NC, which doesn't bug me tho, Icon-cache renewal didn't help, but as I said, not actually an issue :D