Dual Xeon 5650 ES Booting Problem

Clarkeminusthee

I'll try to keep this concise:

Specs- Supermicro X8DAi w/ 2 Engineering sample Xeon 5650's, 12GB of Kingston ddr3 1333mhz ecc ram per cpu, Seasonic 1000w platinum, XFX 7970, 240GB Vertex 3, 1TB Velociraptor  

Problem-

The system cannot boot into any operating system (Win 7, 8, 2012, or Mint). I get a bsod saying      "MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED" 

Background-

I know the risk of working with ES's, but I thought id try experimenting with them for university. Each processor works fine on its own. All the necessary bios settings for dual processor operation are configured. Let me know if you need more info btw.

What I suspect the problem is-

One cpu is likely an early es and the other is likely a later es that the system sees as them as slightly different. What I will do for the time being is continue to search for people have the same problem. I may want to see if there is a way to trick the system into thinking theyre the exact same cpu considering that they have the exact same specs. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions or insight, Thanks!

I want to underline I did not buy these processors and I do NOT own them. They are being exclusively for educational purposes. 

do you have the most recent bios from super micro?

have you tried switching which socket the processors are in?

which versions of windows 7/8 have you tried,only Pro,Enterprise,and Ultimate support multiple processors?

as to your theory about one being produced earlier,it shouldn't matter.

intel has a pdf that lists the requirements but they are summed up well by MU_Engineer on tomshardware.

1. CPUs must have the same QPI and RAM speed to work together.
2. CPUs must have the same thermal profile (TDP) to work together.
3. The CPUs must have the same number of physical cores to work together.
4. The CPUs must have the same number of logical cores to work together.
5. Stepping does not matter.
6. Clock speed does not matter.

X4pkEzn.png

so the stepping,the revision of the ES,shouldn't matter at all

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552