[VideoCardz] Intel Haswell-E press slides leaked + 1st look at Asus x99 Deluxe

VSG

That's not Newegg or any other US website. Pricing is very different from country to country and a simple VAT/currency exchange isn't evidence of anything.

True, but look at the price differentials between Asus in the US and in the UK. It's $420 and I saw it myself on newegg just yesterday.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Holy Balls! Asus finally stepped away from that gold color scheme that I hated and made a work of art. Also as for the CPUs I am more excited for they affordable 6 cores because that 8 core monster is so expensive.

*Thinks if I build a 7 grand computer that is completely water cooled with 8 core Intel...drools*

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

*Thinks if I build a 7 grand computer that is completely water cooled with 8 core Intel...drools*

*Drooling Intensifies

*Drooling Intensifies

I am already at 5k with my next build with triple 24" ips monitors (tho I might do triple 27" monitors instead), and 290x crossfire full custom loop watercooling...might as well step up the game and go for a 7 grand build and use the 8 core with 16 gigs of ddr4 and the x99 motherboard from asus...tho I would like a ROG red/black one.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

True, but look at the price differentials between Asus in the US and in the UK. It's $420 and I saw it myself on newegg just yesterday.

If you saw it on Newegg then that's something else entirely. I won't be surprised if that is the price after all actually.

Very impressive. I've been saving for some time now, but I think I'll wait until just after Christmas for prices to potentially drop a little.

However, lack of Thunderbolt on that Asus board?
I thought daisychaining multiple IPS monitors would be pretty sweet. 

Thoughts? 

EDIT: checked out the manual. Saw the TB Header. Still. Dedicated I/O would be good, right? 

Very impressive. I've been saving for some time now, but I think I'll wait until just after Christmas for prices to potentially drop a little.

However, lack of Thunderbolt on that Asus board?

I thought daisychaining multiple IPS monitors would be pretty sweet.

Thoughts?

EDIT: checked out the manual. Saw the TB Header. Still. Dedicated I/O would be good, right?

Haswell-E doesn't have integrated graphics, of course there are no graphics outputs on the board.

Very sexy motherboard.

One thing I have to say though, I am not a personal fan of the bright white accents. It does not contrast well with a black board IMO. It looks to be removable though.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Oh my god that ASUS board is freaking awesome looking.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

dat asus board tho

like, I haven't seen a mobo that beautiful

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Asus is like "4 PCI-E slots!? That's not enough!"

Nice colour scheme on the Asus board, but the shape of the tacked-on bits and bobs ruin it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Since no one has noticed this:

The Asus board has 2x front panel USB 3. About time.

And Intel F*cked up their PCIe lanes on their CPUs in my opinion. 40 lanes on the 5930k and the 5960x, but the 5820k only has 28 lanes. So essentially, with the budget CPU, you won't be able to do 3-way SLI at all, and 3-way CrossfireX will probably be dodgy at best with the third PCIe slot running at 4x.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

5820K is what I am getting for my once every 5 something year CPU and mobo upgrade. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

ASUS why do you make me wait another 5 days to see the ROG range?

Can't you just tease the boards :)

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

That ASUS board goes well with my white H230  :D

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

And Intel F*cked up their PCIe lanes on their CPUs in my opinion. 40 lanes on the 5930k and the 5960x, but the 5820k only has 28 lanes. So essentially, with the budget CPU, you won't be able to do 3-way SLI at all, and 3-way CrossfireX will probably be dodgy at best with the third PCIe slot running at 4x.

4x is alright for 1440p. I tested it myself :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

That ASUS board is fucking sexy, it's too bad though that literally everyone is going black and red though.

Looks like I'll need some plasti-dip and dat ASUS mobo.

also wtf gigabyte what happened to out of the way color schemes like Green or Orange?

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

I bet it's because they want you to pay up big boy ;)

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Really want that board but i will never be able to afford it :(

It looks futuristic but not over the top its really nice imo.

Looks like I found my x99 board.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Also Corsair has posted their DDR4 prices:

Dominators: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/memory/dominator-platinum?memorytype=DDR4%7c

LPX: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/memory/vengeance-lpx-series

If memory serves me right Gskill has them beat on price/speed.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Firstly. 28 = 3*8+4 so argument invalid. Its valid for 4sli though, but if you have the money for 4 gpus, you can damn well find the 200 more dollars for the big chip.

Also this is called market segmentation. Go read abput it it all makes sense from a business perspective.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

You can do 3-way SLI in 8/8/8 with 4 left over. Also, don't forget the chipset comes with 8 lanes as well. That leaves room for sound and M.2/SATA-E.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd