Amazon ready to snatch Twitch away from Google: more updates

Because of YouTube's past, they would want to continue their "innovation" into all of their branches, which would have included Twitch. Yes, people would have been able to stream just as they did before, but YouTube would end up breaking things, like they have done with the Subscription boxes on YouTube multiple times. I'm not saying it is 100% that they would have screwed it up, but because of their track record, they probably would have.

YouTube is of a completely different scale, there is a lot more resources and effort needed to manage it and obviously mistakes would be made. The past changes Google made to YouTube don't really reflect how they would treat an entirely different service. Google Drive hasn't really changed much in the time it was invented and neither has Gmail all that much. Also from the little that I've been on Twitch it could use A LOT of refining especially in the layout aspect.

great job breaking this great news. You're the first person to make this thread.

/s

Someone move this to /r/Repost

youtube was never going to buy twitch

google was

and this has been reposted like 20 times already

Guys, CoC states you should post the link to the original thread when posting repost. Seriously, I'm seeing this so much. Yeah, it's a repost, but if you're gonna call someone out on a repost, PLEASE do it properly.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I did wonder why the new Android twitch app lacked chromecast support. Now it makes perfect sense.

You know this... How exactly? Layout changes would really mean nothing. As long as the service works why should you care what they do to it. People would still be able to live stream just as they did before.

No they wouldn't the reason why Twitch exists in the first place is because of the messed up policies that Youtube has.

Twitch would get horrible copyright problems like Youtube and people in countries like Germany wouldn't be able to watch most streams due to copyright issues like it is right now on Youtube.

And we would get all the annoying problems that Youtube has gotten since it was bought by Google.

RTX2070OC 

And Facebook maybe shit but at least they never forced it on me. Google forced Google+ on me which I will never ever forgive and forget.

Google never forced anything on you.  Saying that you don't want all of their services tied together is one thing, but let's be clear, it is entirely option to have a YouTube account, or to watch the videos at all.  I'm personally not a fan of needing a Gmail to use Android, but using Android wasn't forced upon me, actually I don't even use it anymore.

No they wouldn't the reason why Twitch exists in the first place is because of the messed up policies that Youtube has.

Twitch would get horrible copyright problems like Youtube and people in countries like Germany wouldn't be able to watch most streams due to copyright issues like it is right now on Youtube.

And we would get all the annoying problems that Youtube has gotten since it was bought by Google.

So because YouTube, a much bigger and larger service than Twitch. Has specific things about it that you don't like, that automatically means it will happen for Twitch? Not to mention copyright for games is becoming more lax as more companies realize it's free advertisement. Twitch not being owned by Google didn't make them immune to copyright it's just that companies didn't care as much. The only thing that is an issue is people playing copyrighted music.

Google never forced anything on you.  Saying that you don't want all of their services tied together is one thing, but let's be clear, it is entirely option to have a YouTube account, or to watch the videos at all.  I'm personally not a fan of needing a Gmail to use Android, but using Android wasn't forced upon me, actually I don't even use it anymore.

His point is that he was able to use YouTube without Google+. When he signed up for YouTube there was absolutely no implication that he would ever have to use such a social network, but then eventually one day Google decided that anyone with a YouTube account now automatically has a Google+ profile and your existing YouTube account was essentially useless if you didn't accept it.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

So because YouTube, a much bigger and larger service than Twitch. Has specific things about it that you don't like, that automatically means it will happen for Twitch? Not to mention copyright for games is becoming more lax as more companies realize it's free advertisement. Twitch not being owned by Google didn't make them immune to copyright it's just that companies didn't care as much. The only thing that is an issue is people playing copyrighted music.

It's how Google acts on copyright issues that causes the problems.

If Google owned Twitch I wouldn't be able to watch most streams anymore because Google doesn't want to deal with copyright issues.

Other companies actually deal with the copyright issues but Google strictly doesn't want to have any involvement with it which is causing the problem.

Most copyright strikes on Youtube aren't even real and wouldn't be happening if Google actually would have a working system in place.

RTX2070OC 

His point is that he was able to use YouTube without Google+. When he signed up for YouTube there was absolutely no implication that he would ever have to use such a social network, but then eventually one day Google decided that anyone with a YouTube account now automatically has a Google+ profile and your existing YouTube account was essentially useless if you didn't accept it.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he was forced to use it. 

It's how Google acts on copyright issues that causes the problems.

If Google owned Twitch I wouldn't be able to watch most streams anymore because Google doesn't want to deal with copyright issues.

Other companies actually deal with the copyright issues but Google strictly doesn't want to have any involvement with it which is causing the problem.

Most copyright strikes on Youtube aren't even real and wouldn't be happening if Google actually would have a working system in place.

Twitch doesn't have copyright issues. If it did you would see a lot of streams taken down. The issues with copyright in games are becoming less and less of an issue. Google's involvement in Twitch wouldn't make that any less so. Besides even if you do get a copyright strike on YouTube, if you have a partner network it can be removed. Amazon owning Twitch wouldn't change anything either. They are too big of a company too busy with other things to have legal battles over every discrepancy that arises.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he was forced to use it. 

You're right, no one put a gun to his head and said "use YouTube now that it has Google+ integration". Try comprehending this: The "force" part of this is that to use YouTube you must have had a Google+ profile. Of course he isn't being forced to use YouTube.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

You're right, no one put a gun to his head and said "use YouTube now that it has Google+ integration". Try comprehending this: The "force" part of this is that to use YouTube you must have had a Google+ profile. Of course he isn't being forced to use YouTube.

Well seeing as I can use (watch) youtube without signing in that doesn't seem entirely correct. It was only posting that required the + profile.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Well seeing as I can use (watch) youtube without signing in that doesn't seem entirely correct. It was only posting that required the + profile.

Right. So he should just have to give up his account and the ability to subscribe to channels and comment on them and the ability to message other users, and the ability to view videos which require signing in to verify age? Never mind the fact that he would be giving up any ability to upload his own videos or maintain his own channel.

Right. So he should just have to give up his account and the ability to subscribe to channels and comment on them and the ability to message other users, and the ability to view videos which require signing in to verify age? Never mind the fact that he would be giving up any ability to upload his own videos or maintain his own channel.

I'm not arguing that use was not hobbled , just that it could still be used.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

this is like the 5th repost

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

But... Didn't Google buy Twitch?

That's what everyone though but Amazon ended up buying them. 

But... Didn't Google buy Twitch?

It was speculation, we knew that someone bought Twitch it just wasn't revealed who. Most people just figured it was Google since they own YouTube.

wow never knew this happened at all because I never read any of the other articles on the website about it until now.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520