Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dietrichw

Amazon ready to snatch Twitch away from Google: more updates

thats actually a possiblility. but honestly im more curious as to why? why does amazon want to get into video/game streaming? as far as i know they've had no former interest in it.  at least google made sense with possible youtube integration, which would have been cool.  i see no reason whatsoever to why amazon would want this

They have experience related to Twitch, more on the infrastructure side though.

Most people don't realize but Amazon is huge in the cloud infrastructure/compute field.

Check out their digital media services on AWS (Amazon Web Services) http://aws.amazon.com/digital-media/?nc1=h_l2_d

If you go to the drop-down menu in the top-left you'll see all the other cloud infrastructure services they provide. To give you an idea of how big they are, Netflix and Dropbox both use Amazon Web Services to provide nearly all of their services.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

snip

a fair point. but i dont see what amazon gets out of it

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I'm happy it's not google.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

As much as I love my amazon I prefer Google.  :(

I want my amazon prime to include twitch turbo now, that would be awesome. 

But, if this happens I will be less sad.

System CPU : I5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz Motherboard : Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM 32 GB Vengence CL9 @ 1600 GPUs ASUS R9 290 DCUII & MSI TwinFrozr R9 290 in crossfire Corsair Air 540 Storage SSD1 Kingston V300 240GB SSD2 OCZ Agility 4 120GB PSU Coolermaster Smart Series SP-850 Out of date

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I want my amazon prime to include twitch turbo now, that would be awesome. 

That sounds reasonable.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

What's to stop google from just buying amazon?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Would love to see how Amazon benefits from this. I wonder if this might impose a contract between livestreamers using music and their storefront?

Very interesting.

This could be sweet.

With Amazons servers, we will hopefully get real-time streaming instead of this 30 seconds delay garbage.

They could also change the contentID to identify the music being played on the stream and provide a link to buy it from Amazon instead of stupidly muting the stream as well as a link to buy the actual game from them.

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

http://bit.ly/1vfEXuw

It appears as though Amazon has entered the war for Twitch with an opening salvo of approximately $970 Million. Thoughts? Concerns? Need to use this topic as a soap box? Go ahead!

I would welcome Amazon owned Twitch more readily than I would Google, as Amazon would be more careful to leave existing functionality. If they do decide to more heavily monetize Twitch I believe they could do a far better job than google even if their software support isn't as vast as google's could potentially be. 

"Broadcasting and watching gameplay is a global phenomenon and Twitch has built a platform that brings together tens of millions of people who watch billions of minutes of games each month," said Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos. "Like Twitch, we obsess over customers and like to think differently, and we look forward to learning from them and helping them move even faster to build new services for the gaming community."

Of course what bid for a popular company is complete without a seemingly empty promise of what's to come, but something about his pitch makes me believe they'd benefit both Twitch streamers and users as opposed to using it as another venue for capital.

Wow this sure hasnt been posted already, nor is it from much earlier today! :D

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Gigabyte RX 5700 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 | Corsair K65 Luxe | SteelSeries Sensei 310 | CAD U37 Condenser |  ASUS VG248QE |  ASUS VG278E Portrait | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

HTPC: Intel i5-4590 | Noctua NH-L9i | ASUS H97-I Plus | Sapphire R9 290x 4GB | 8GB Hyper-X Fury DDR3 1600MHz | Seasonic M12II Evo 520W | Cooler Master Elite 130