Playing BF4 on Intel HD 4600...

...right now actually. It is surprisingly playable at 720p, low settings, no AA and ~35fps. I call it console mode.

Seriously though, I am surprised that the integrated graphics are holding up with newer games. What else would be "playable" if we set the bar that low? Obviously all kinds of 2D games and older titles, but I'm talking about new games that are considered resource intensive. Also, I think this can be seen as a proof of concept for the people saying "you need a 1000USD PC to run modern games". You can "run" modern games with an i5 4670k and not much else, actually. Sorry if there have been lots of threads about the integrated graphics already, but this is the first time I'm actually trying to run modern games on them and it's a pretty interesting experience.

That's not bad

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Kinda disgusting really that the intel HD4600 (Note: Not even AMD APU octo-core with On-Die R7 which is of course heaps stronger) can do this and then they dare call the Xbone and PS4 revolutionary and amazing in its performance.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Bioshock Infinite would be playable.

Watch Dogs wouldn't. :D

who cares...

never mind didn't read op

...right now actually. It is surprisingly playable at 720p, low settings, no AA and ~35fps. I call it console mode.

Seriously though, I am surprised that the integrated graphics are holding up with newer games. What else would be "playable" if we set the bar that low? Obviously all kinds of 2D games and older titles, but I'm talking about new games that are considered resource intensive. Also, I think this can be seen as a proof of concept for the people saying "you need a 1000USD PC to run modern games". You can "run" modern games with an i5 4670k and not much else, actually. Sorry if there have been lots of threads about the integrated graphics already, but this is the first time I'm actually trying to run modern games on them and it's a pretty interesting experience.

Thats worse then Console

Watch_Doges was never playable without the worse mod.

doge.png

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Fiddling around with a few more settings, but it seems that 1600x900 is still playable as well. It doesn't drop below 30FPS for the most part on 32 player servers. But I get some really weird variance when it comes to windowed mode, fullscreen and borderless.

Thats worse then Console

Better than a 360 and the PS3. The integrated graphics of a 250$ CPU won't beat 400$ consoles that are sold at a loss, obviously.

I have a i5 2450M on my laptop that can play skyrim at medium with no problems.  It's the perfect travel computer.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Define playable. 30fps? No thanks.

Kinda disgusting really that the intel HD4600 (Note: Not even AMD APU octo-core with On-Die R7 which is of course heaps stronger) can do this and then they dare call the Xbone and PS4 revolutionary and amazing in its performance.

Well, it IS revolutionary and amazing that it can run that poorly for what they charge lol. Also that they continue to convince millions of lemmings to by into it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have a i5 2450M on my laptop that can play skyrim at medium with no problems.  It's the perfect travel computer.

My school computer I just got has an 4700MQ and a 730M, it's adequate for playing many games, like Portal 2 in 1080, high settings, 60fps.

Well, it IS revolutionary and amazing that it can run that poorly for what they charge lol.

Touché good sir. Well föcking played.

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Touché good sir. Well föcking played.

-snip

wallpaper-1424338.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Define playable. 30fps? No thanks.

You have to set lower standards in console mode. :D

Playable for me is High Details 40-60 FPS via GeForce Experience

who cares...

Well, it IS revolutionary and amazing that it can run that poorly for what they charge lol. Also that they continue to convince millions of lemmings to by into it.

I'm laughing way too hard at this right now.

Anyway, BF4 is being stupid and not going into fullscreen mode right now and it seems that borderless basically halfs my framerate. 1440x900 is still 100% acceptable for console mode, but 1600x900 gets too stuttery for me, and if you want that "cinematic look" on BF4 you can go 1080p 24FPS without a problem.

By the way, how do the integrated graphics on mobile CPUs compare to the HD4600? Someone recently asked me if they could play games on a mobile i3 with the iGPU, I think that's the HD4000. From the benchmarks I found it seems like older games are still playable on that.

By the way, how do the integrated graphics on mobile CPUs compare to the HD4600? Someone recently asked me if they could play games on a mobile i3 with the iGPU, I think that's the HD4000. From the benchmarks I found it seems like older games are still playable on that.

Theyre "meh."  I can do older games great, and most indie games aswell.  Games like bioshock infinite and skyrim and some other games that don't require beefy computers play nicely on low/medium at 720p.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Theyre "meh."  I can do older games great, and most indie games aswell.  Games like bioshock infinite and skyrim and some other games that don't require beefy computers play nicely on low/medium at 720p.

Good to know, it's mostly CSS and CS 1.6 and a few newer games, I guess that should run fine.

That's not bad.

I'll be using integrated untli the 870 comes out.

I'm waiting for my R9 290, should be here in a few days. Playing around with the iGPU is pretty fun, but I really wouldn't want to be stuck with it for too long, especially since I can only run 2 monitors from it.

i build my pc in september, but have to wait till november for my 780ti, but i to will be using the hd4600. I can honestly say i cant qait to play some games on the hd4600, ive watched many vids on youtube and it handles plenty of games.

titanfall 30-40 fps on medium settings, borderlands 2 30fps on high.....it's all good.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you really want to increase your FPS, turn down the Resolution Scaling. I was able to play with an HD4000 while I was saving for my 780

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Are you talking about the Xbox One? because it runs Battlefield 4 at 60ish FPS

INTEL CORE I3 4130 | EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 Ti | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 | COOLERMASTER HAF 912 | ASUS H81M-C/CSM LGA 1150

Are you talking about the Xbox One? because it runs Battlefield 4 at 60ish FPS

At 720p you dirty console peasant :D. HD4600 can run it @ 30 on 1080p and it's not even an APU.

Jk, not everyone wants to play on PC :P.

Lol, I just paid $500 for a gaming PC (Same price as Xbone at the time, and BF4 runs amazing.) 50+ FPS! And it is stupid that they charge so much for a shitty piece of garbage.

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White