Best speakers for BASS?

FineVisionz

If anyone thinks they have an 8" sub shake anything in their house they either need to get their house checked or get their head checked.  Honestly.  I have 500W RMS (real watts not pussy music power watts) into dual 12" subs, they shake the windows only. 

I have a dream. I have a dream that one day, people would stop caring about 'watts' and start caring about actual output.

I am looking into getting new speaker for my computer for bass.  I am a big bass fanatic, as you can probably tell.  Sadly my Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 subwoofer has died, so I am out on a search for what is the best computer speakers for bass?  When I got my Klipsch 2.1's there were one of the best at the time, what is it now?

Define the word in bold, totally silent? Distorted sound? What? 

I have a Klipsch PM2.1 that began to develope a scratchy noise and bass was lacking. Put it aside and bought a HiVi GT1000 followed by a Logitech Z623 (main system has a Logitech Z5500 which really packs a punch). The bass on the GT1000 and Z623 are plenty decent, but I'd put the PM2.1 above them in terms of sheer punch. Raided my store again and took out my PM2.1, the cound was really bad, opened the grill on the sub and saw that the foam seal had rotted away. Had it resealed and it's now the speakers I use on my 2nd rig. The GT1000 and Z623 have been releagted to my 3rd and 4th systems respectively.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I have a dream. I have a dream that one day, people would stop caring about 'watts' and start caring about actual output.

I'm sorry, here's the actual output:

graph.png

Measured at listening position and running a little hot I usually turn it down.

I usually talk in laymen terms on here so as not to confuse the less enthusiastic.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Basicly if you want the best subwoofer for your setup?

The only way to get that, is going to shops and listen your self.

Audio is a personal thing, i would advice just go to a big media center, or elektronics shop.

And just listen with your own ears.

I'm sorry, here's the actual output:

Measured at listening position and running a little hot I usually turn it down.

I usually talk in laymen terms on here so as not to confuse the less enthusiastic.

Weird graph, looks like a sealed sub with room gain boosting the low end, 60hz LPF and some room effects at 90hz?

And what is the blue line?

I heard rokit speakers have enoug bass to themselves that you don't even need a subwoofer, you might want to look into that. I piece of advice though, I also heard many people regretting going for the littlest models.

Heres the link to their website : http://www.krksys.com/

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Weird graph, looks like a sealed sub with room gain boosting the low end, 60hz LPF and some room effects at 90hz?

And what is the blue line?

Weird?

Blue line is target curve, It's a tuned box corner loaded.  That's a pretty smooth response for real world measurement.  The roll off is due to a LPF built into the amp however it is set higher than the crossover.  I have a 50Hz crossover point for the sub so anything above that is irrelevant.  You'll probably find if I did a complete sweep of the room that the little bump at 86Hz is just a quarter wave reflection as the room mode is about 105Hz. 

But the point of all this is I have 10dB headroom above the target curve (0dB  attenuation).  I don't think there are too many domestic subs that can push 84dB at 20Hz.  Let alone 8" subs that shake walls.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I heard rokit speakers have enoug bass to themselves that you don't even need a subwoofer, you might want to look into that. I piece of advice though, I also heard many people regretting going for the littlest models.

Heres the link to their website : http://www.krksys.com/

Yea, I'd go for the 6s minimum. For a guy asking for BASSSSSS, I'd be looking at 8s tbh... (But by then you can almost just get a sub with 6s.) The Rokits 6s have some bass but I felt it wasn't enough for my preferences, so I stuck them in with a subwoofer. The Audioengine A5s would be somewhat comparable to the Rokit G6s. And nab the generation 2s, those can be found second hand quite cheaply.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?