Best speakers for BASS?

FineVisionz

Powered home subwoofer is only good if you hook it up to a receiver, and isn't that good for bass heavy music.

If I was you and I didn't mind a bit of ghetto rigging I would look around second-hand parts and craft my own stereo. A deck with aux input, two or four speakers, a sub+box+amp, and a PSU

I custom rigged my tv for my consoles with a 200 watt stereo system and a remote to control it with for my tv. Now it just sounds freaking epic in games and movies. I need to get an amplifier for it tho, since my stereo can only go up to 20 which is 150 watts before it starts dragging cause the tv can't push that amount of wattage.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

If I wanted 1000W of subwoofer power I can buy two 12" kickers, a 1000W amp and a 1000W PSU. All for a lot less then $3750

Yeah but car subs are waaaay below the audio quality of a studio quality sub. Plus this one is sexyer ;) 15" ftw

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Powered home subwoofer is only good if you hook it up to a receiver, and isn't that good for bass heavy music.

If I was you and I didn't mind a bit of ghetto rigging I would look around second-hand parts and craft my own stereo. A deck with aux input, two or four speakers, a sub+box+amp, and a PSU

What do you think of this I found on craigslist? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/eld/4605407642.html

I would love to do this, but I don't really want to go out, buy a huge subwoofer, then go out and buy a PSU to power it.  I have though about doing this in the past, it just a bit more than I would like to spend.

..what are you talking about

you can get a small powered subwoofer for ~100$ designed for indoor use

you don't use a goddamn car subwoofer in a  home, you use those in cars.

Error: 410

..what are you talking about

you can get a small powered subwoofer for ~100$ designed for indoor use

you don't use a goddamn car subwoofer in a  home, you use those in cars.

I've tried both and I've settled for the car subwoofer for a reason. The home subwoofers just are nowhere near as good for action movies/games and heavy bass music.

"Rawr XD"

I've tried both and I've settled for the car subwoofer for a reason. The home subwoofers just are nowhere near as good for action movies/games and heavy bass music.

you pay out the butt for what you get, you have to build your own box, and car audio equipment is not built the same as home audio equipment.

Home subwoofers are miles better than a car subwoofer for action movies/games and heavy bass music.

I have a pair in my car and a 12 sitting in the corner of my room.

you pay out the butt for what you get, you have to build your own box, and car audio equipment is not built the same as home audio equipment.

Home subwoofers are miles better than a car subwoofer for action movies/games and heavy bass music.

I've always wanted a computer subwoofer in my car...I find the bass less distorted.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I have a pair of Kicker Comp 10's in my car. In my house I have a 12" Rockford Fosgate car sub and a 12" Polk home sub in the living room. I listen to a lot of bass-heavy stuff and the car sub is miles better. 

"Rawr XD"

I've always wanted a computer subwoofer in my car...I find the bass less distorted.

it's not going to go well

if you spend the money on a good amp and subwoofer, properly set the gain, and box it nicely, there is no distortion.

I have a pair of Kicker Comp 10's in my car. In my house I have a 12" Rockford Fosgate car sub and a 12" Polk home sub in the living room. I listen to a lot of bass-heavy stuff and the car sub is miles better.

I have a pair of 12" comps connected to an Alpine and use an Onkyo 10" downstairs and a Dayton 12" upstairs.

SPL, comps, SQ both proper indoor subwoofers roll all over them.

Like I said, car subwoofers are optimized much differently

it's not going to go well

if you spend the money on a good amp and subwoofer, properly set the gain, and box it nicely, there is no distortion.

Hmm...idk the ones I hear around here sound like crap.

Hmm...idk the ones I hear around here sound like crap.

8/10 times they're rocking Walmart tier equipment (BOSS, Sony) with some extremely questionable amp and the gain set to full to the point where everything is clipping so hard even Ballmer might wave his checkbook.

Haha, though you were gonna say that. What about going out a buying a powered subwoofer, that plugs into a normal outlet on the wall?

That's usually ideal.

Most of the good standalone subwoofers are powered.

Not to say passives aren't.

For the more fancy setups a separate amp is usually used or included, though.

8/10 times they're rocking Walmart tier equipment (BOSS, Sony) with some extremely questionable amp and the gain set to full to the point where everything is clipping so hard even Ballmer might wave his checkbook.

That's usually ideal.

Most of the good standalone subwoofers are powered.

Not to say passives aren't.

For the more fancy setups a separate amp is usually used or included, though.

Probably AudioVision around here sells Pioneer & MTX

Probably AudioVision around here sells Pioneer & MTX

keep in mind it sounds wildly different on the outside than the inside.

keep in mind it sounds wildly different on the outside than the inside.

That's true...

For some reason that link is not working for me. 

Now it's not working for me either lol good job Craigslist

Anyways just get the Z623 that were meant for the purpose rather then argue back and forth between which is good and which is bad. I've tried the Z623, ProMedia 2.1, Corsair SP2500 and Bose Companion 5. The Z623 was the best for bass hands down

"Rawr XD"

If I wanted 1000W of subwoofer power I can buy two 12" kickers, a 1000W amp and a 1000W PSU. All for a lot less then $3750

Who on earth drives amps off of a computer PSU, who buys 12V amps without built in suppy anyways? :D

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Who on earth drives amps off of a computer PSU, who buys 12V amps without built in suppy anyways? :D

I do? I have a Rockford Fosgate 12" sub off a 250W RMS Alpine amp off a 380W Antec PSU

"Rawr XD"

Most subwoofers you can purchse separately have an amp built in. Also, dunno why there's all this talk about PSUs when amps generally have their own PSUs built in as well.

Most subwoofers you can purchse separately have an amp built in. Also, dunno why there's all this talk about PSUs when amps generally have their own PSUs built in as well.

@Aniallation That is what I thought... Are you using a car audio amp or what?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

@Aniallation That is what I thought... Are you using a car audio amp or what?

Yes, I'm using an Alpine MRV-M250 running off an 380W Antec PSU. It's a car audio amp so it needs 12V power from an external source. The best way to get this in your house is either a car battery charger or a PSU, and since I had this one laying around and it was defective anyways (molex and SATA connectors don't get power) I decided to use it.

"Rawr XD"

I've hooked up a B&W AWS610 together with the AudioEngine A5+, and i thought it sounded horrible. Even the A5+'s don't have nearly enough low-end to properly crossover to the AWS610 without it sounding overpowering. I had to set the 610 so low, that it was practically off. Now, maybe some people don't really care for audio neutrality and like echoing and booming bass in their room, but I quickly took it back to the store.

Mind you, this was in a fairly small 4x5meter room. (or 13'x16' for you wierdo's)