American Entertainment Industry wants to give you malware

The American entertainment industry says that they would pre-install this controlled “malware” onto your PC when you “look” at copyright protected content. Then they would be able to basically brick your computer and copyrighted content and make a message appear to turn yourself in and pay a fee

According to a new proposal to the congress 

eteknix.com/american-entertainment-industry-wants-to-be-allowed-to-send-malware-to-pirates/

boingboing.net/2013/05/26/us-entertainment-industry-to-c.htmla

Personally i think it has a no chance and wont go through 

I'm with you in that it probably won't go through, just another attempt at something like SOPA.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Don't know about America but considering its malware it'll get any of those companies in trouble over here. Germany's Government protected users rights against google and they'll do the same here.

It won't happen but the fact its even a proposal shows just how worthless your rights are should've been slapped down right away.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Personally i think it has a no chance and wont go through 

I'm with you in that it probably won't go through, just another attempt at something like SOPA.

I hope you're right. There have been a ton of crazy things that have been passed, it's not that surprising if this does too.

this sounds like the green dot FBI moneypak virus lol.

kinda funny,they want to do something that's already been done.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

how do you get this message if it bricks ur device?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

America needs a new constitution that explicitly states even making this kind of suggestion should be punishable by flogging.

This won't pass, but if it somehow affects anywhere outside of USA I hope every country goes to war immediately. The internet is not yours to control.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

How do they intend to limit this to the US? Cause if ANY of that ends up on my PC and fucks with my content I am suing their ass. I can see countries where there are no copyright laws having an issue with this

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

how do you get this message if it bricks ur device?

the same way as the virus I mentioned above.

it bricks it in the way that when you power the system on it allows it to boot,but then it bypasses the OS and leaves you with something like this

MoneyPak-virus.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Am I the only one that thinks that a .exe program that removes this "Hidden malware" will be released within the first week of this going into action?

I have no idea what they are going to try after this...

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

haha, this will be the tombstone of microsoft. People are going to realise that it will be much harder to infect a GNU / Linux.

Besides the fact that they may try this in the US [Old people, that know the internet 12mins by now, think to know what's best for it] but outside of the US, this will be an outrage.

Look at China, people find ways around this, the only thing this does, is drive people deeper into the "underground" where they will absolutely lose control.

And I wonder what Anonymous has to say for this, should this actually be considered.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

And then everyone moved to Linux.  GL with that.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

And then everyone moved to Linux.  GL with that.

Was just thinking this... :lol:

If this passes I'm actually leaving this country. Although I get the feeling that I don't have to worry too much, no way congress can be this stupid.....right?

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

If this passes I'm actually leaving this country. Although I get the feeling that I don't have to worry too much, no way congress can be this stupid.....right?

I guess I've heard that before :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Dude, this wouldn't pass... I just laugh at stuff like this, it's that ridiculous

Dude, this wouldn't pass... I just laugh at stuff like this, it's that ridiculous

I see how ridiculous it is, I'm just scared of how often crazy bills like this try and get passed. I'm worried that one day one of them will slip through the cracks, you know?

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I see how ridiculous it is, I'm just scared of how often crazy bills like this try and get passed. I'm worried that one day one of them will slip through the cracks, you know?

Yea, fair enough... But don't let this type of stuff worry you, there's no point... It's like the whole "Xbox always on" thing, people hate it, they don't want it, they complain, and then it never happens, and all that worrying was just a waste of energy :)

the same way as the virus I mentioned above.

it bricks it in the way that when you power the system on it allows it to boot,but then it bypasses the OS and leaves you with something like this

MoneyPak-virus.jpg

HAHA, did they actually think they'd fool anyone with that? It looks so fake! The dollar sign isn't even in the right place, nice attempt at imitating the American convention!

It will be more like:

"malware_setup.exe found under the DVD drive, needs elevated credential, do you want to to allow it?"

Click on No, and enjoy the movie.

Thanks Microsoft!

Or simply disable auto-run of executable on disks.

HAHA, did they actually think they'd fool anyone with that? It looks so fake! The dollar sign isn't even in the right place, nice attempt at imitating the American convention!

That's the Canadian-French placement of the '$' sign. LOL.

Also I like the last sentence. 'In case of error occurs, you'll have to send the code by e-mail fine@fbi.gov ( Do not forget to specify IP address )'

English broken enough?. also, Most people don't know what an IP address is, and how are you support to e-mail or get your IP address if you are locked out of your computer.

Beside, assuming that the above is just a sample/idea, and it will be working similarly:

1- If you have UEFI Secure Boot and Win8.. good luck!

2- Run Windows System restore. Boot from Windows disk, and undo this

3- Assuming you can't, you can just re-install Windows... or better yet upgrade Windows to the same Windows, so that you need to re-install your stuff, and that thing will be gone.

That's the Canadian-French placement of the '$' sign. LOL.

Also I like the last sentence. 'In case of error occurs, you'll have to send the code by e-mail fine@fbi.gov ( Do not forget to specify IP address )'

English broken enough?. also, Most people don't know what an IP address is, and how are you support to e-mail or get your IP address if you are locked out of your computer.

Beside, assuming that the above is just a sample/idea, and it will be working similarly:

1- If you have UEFI Secure Boot and Win8.. good luck!

2- Run Windows System restore. Boot from Windows disk, and undo this

3- Assuming you can't, you can just re-install Windows... or better yet upgrade Windows to the same Windows, so that you need to re-install your stuff, and that thing will be gone.

the above isn't a sample/idea,it's an actual virus that I brought up simply because I felt their idea had stunning similarity to it.

as to the IP,time to feel smart boys and girls,it's at the very top of the virus' "UI".

Linus Sebastian said: