FX8350 Black Edition M-ATX case

Forseti

Hi guys, new here. I would like to know what might be the best cpu cooler for my FX8350 which is in a Micro ATX Case (Fractal Design core 1000) and on an MSI motherboard. I bought a 3rd party cooler master one but I think it is not running great and not keeping my cpu very cool. I've noticed it jumps high in between, idle 20c to like over 62c (it went over 62c which is AMD's threshold point when I was running Prime95 - It usually sticks under 50c when gaming) The cpu cooler i have is small so i think it's not the best for it.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-hyper-tx3-evo-cpu-cooler-92mm-fan-s1366-1156-1155-775-fm1-am3plus-am3-am2

My cooler ^

A side note the fan on the cooler is facing down towards GFX card which is not a great solution either.

Depends which way the fans blowing in that position, But either way I can't imagine its a good orientation for air flow since you don't have any top case fans.   My best suggestion for spending no money would be to demount that cooler and face it to exhaust out the back of the case and make sure the fans are exhausting out the back

there might also be a chance dust layer has built up between the fan and Tower cooler and is impeding airflow

Try to rotate it so that the fan blows air to the back of the case. I rotated my Akasa Venom Voodoo and my temps were better (cooler).

Its quite new my system upgrade so not much dust is there. I will have a look at rotating it thanks.

Hi guys, new here. I would like to know what might be the best cpu cooler for my FX8350 which is in a Micro ATX Case (Fractal Design core 1000) and on an MSI motherboard. I bought a 3rd party cooler master one but I think it is not running great and not keeping my cpu very cool. I've noticed it jumps high in between, idle 20c to like over 62c (it went over 62c which is AMD's threshold point when I was running Prime95 - It usually sticks under 50c when gaming) The cpu cooler i have is small so i think it's not the best for it.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-hyper-tx3-evo-cpu-cooler-92mm-fan-s1366-1156-1155-775-fm1-am3plus-am3-am2

My cooler ^

A side note the fan on the cooler is facing down towards GFX card which is not a great solution either.

CPU temp shouldnt be over 62, and Socket temp shouldnt be over 72. If you use HWMonitor, Socket temp will be the value that you get as CPU TEMPERATURE, and the actual CPU temp will be the PACKAGE TEMP. 

Rotate you cooler 90 degrees so, it takes air from the front of the case, and exhaust at the back. Also keep in mind that the FX8xxx series run very hot.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

I am going to get a new cpu cooler as I can not move around this one. It's standard and connects on to the motherboard stock holder. Any suggestions for such a demanding cpu please? I would like to stick with air cooling. I like how small this case is to fit on my desk. Do you think one of the zalman swirly cpu coolers will be adequate where the fan sticks up?