Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bmwm3186

Minimalistic desk suggestions

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have been looking at some new desks for my room however I have really not seen one that I am drooling over. One of the desks I saw was a ikea linmon however I'm worried with it's tiny legs that it will wobble all over the place. Do any of you guys have this desk and how is it. And do you guys know of any other good desks to look at?

I have been looking at some new desks for my room however I have really not seen one that I am drooling over. One of the desks I saw was a ikea linmon however I'm worried with it's tiny legs that it will wobble all over the place. Do any of you guys have this desk and how is it. And do you guys know of any other good desks to look at?

Can you post a picture of it?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I have the Ikea Linnmon as a desk. It does have a little wobble but doesnt feel like its going to break at any second. And it looks super nice!

96gl5h.jpg

Build one!

It'll bee the perfect size and it could look very good depending on what wood/paint you use. I've built a couple pieces of my furniture. It's a huge amount cheaper too.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

I have the Ikea Linnmon as a desk. It does have a little wobble but doesnt feel like its going to break at any second. And it looks super nice!

96gl5h.jpg

What's that stand you have on the desk for your monitors?

@ttam has an excellent guide for desks in the guides and tutorials section.

Red pill or Blue pill?
I don't feel like putting my system specs in here if you want them take a look at my profile page.

I have the longer ikea linmon desk and use the drawers in place of legs on one side. It works well.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/98476-good-desk-for-tri-monitor-display-setup/?p=1317915

how brown does your ikea desk look i dont think brown will  go well with the paint in my room. i dont understand why they can sell a black desk instead of a brown-black 

Build one, like my build log "desk 90% complete"

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i have the  ikea linmon one and its very strong i have the corner and 2 side pieces if i was you i would go with white because i came from a black desk and it makes my room look so much brighter 

b4IDE.JPG

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Be careful with Ikea's painted desks, I've had this happen with mine. All that brown shit is where the paint flaked off SAmNSL7.jpg

Just get a desk that is large enough and that you can keep clean. Even if it is minimalistic, if it is untidy, it looks naff. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

i have the  ikea linmon one and its very strong i have the corner and 2 side pieces if i was you i would go with white because i came from a black desk and it makes my room look so much brighter 

Please, AMP and DAC so you don't have a cable coming from the front. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Please, AMP and DAC so you don't have a cable coming from the front. 

yea i no do you think it will make that much difference to the audio quality though 

PC PART PICKER

yea i no do you think it will make that much difference to the audio quality though 

From the front headphone jack, you will hear some difference. Especially if there is a little bit of pick up with the HD Audio cable running through your PC. But some DAC/AMPs can make the audio sound cleaner. 

b4IDE.JPG

awesome setup i watched your youtube video also which i guess was your old desk. have you had any flaking issues with the paint or is it holding up well

awesome setup i watched your youtube video also which i guess was your old desk. have you had any flaking issues with the paint or is it holding up well

thanks and nope the paint on the desk is surprising strong also 2 days after i got the desk my blind on the window fell off and on to it and took a chip out of it but i painted it white and cant see it now #win also do you have your desk on carpet?

PC PART PICKER

thanks and nope the paint on the desk is surprising strong also 2 days after i got the desk my blind on the window fell off and on to it and took a chip out of it but i painted it white and cant see it now #win also do you have your desk on carpet?

yes it would be on carpet.

Be careful with Ikea's painted desks, I've had this happen with mine. All that brown shit is where the paint flaked off SAmNSL7.jpg

how have you not fried your feet yet 

PC PART PICKER

yea unfortunately that desk is too long for my room I was thinking of just getting the corner piece and using that.

oh right how many screens are you running because i have loads of room on just the corner piece 

PC PART PICKER

how have you not fried your feet yet 

Because my feet sit on that amp, I really should stop being fucking lazy and move that power strip but, eh

oh right how many screens are you running because i have loads of room on just the corner piece 

i just have a 15 inch laptop right now lol but when i build i might just stick to a single 24-27 inch monitor i also might put some bookshelf speaker on the desk