German government might ban Xbox One

With all the things going around about the X1 I thought I might post this.

"Under the heading, game device 'Microsoft pushes a monitoring device in the market. The Xbox continuously records all sorts of personal information about me. Reaction rates, my learning or emotional states. The are then processed on an external server, and possibly even passed on to third parties. Whether they will ever deleted, the person can not influence".

http://tweaktown.com/news/30610/german-government-says-the-xbox-one-is-a-monitoring-device/index.html#Bhm1xzBCPxHGKJD0.99

What would you guys think if they banned the Xbox One?

I

I would think it was hysterically funny.  :lol: :ph34r:

I'd HOPE that it might teach Microsoft something.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Go ps4 and pc maybe..... but i do agree with concerns about it my xbox 360's kinect has been in a drawr in my desk almost since i got the thing and it would be creepy to have a camera always watching you because it never turns off

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Oh, the germans actually made a good decision for once [fu merkel :D ]

So in all the banning and cutting of games and movies, they actually found a decent thing to do fore ONCE!

Almost makes me happy.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Microsoft needs to sort their priorities out pronto, I hope it gets banned purely to teach them a lesson, that lesson being stop forcing gimmicky crap that isn't really needed and or that monitors you at all times -.-

It will happen in Norway too. But the consumer advisory board will probably take action to force Microsoft to physically remove the "feature" instead, first. Just like they did with the Internet Explorer monopoly attempts Microsoft tried before.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I was thinking that either the console would be banned in certain countries or Microsoft would have to change the way Kinect works in certain countries... This new console just seems like a huge mess.

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

I think you guys don't know that the Xbox 360 is currently banned in Germany, every time I go in Germany (the border is 30 minutes away from my home) I don't see an Xbox in any store.

I think that if it gets banned, German people arent even going to complain, most of them play on PC anyways.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Germany not buying those Xbox One's does mean a big deal to Microsoft, I live in the Netherlands and I can tell you that 80% of my friends have the Xbox 360 - Germany is a lot bigger and doesn't differ from us that much. It'll be that few million less for Microsoft to profit that might hurt their company quite a bit.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

They tried to ban X360 and Windows 7 but they failed. Dunno why so much hate in Germany on Microsoft.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Haha thats brilliant

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

another reason why xbox one will probably fail miserably, at least this will mean more people will come over to pc gaming.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Waiting for the memes that join Xbox One and the swastika and references to the Führer.

I really hope they ban that stalker xbox.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Oh god... Big brother is watching you.

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

With all the things going around about the X1 I thought I might post this.

"Under the heading, game device 'Microsoft pushes a monitoring device in the market. The Xbox continuously records all sorts of personal information about me. Reaction rates, my learning or emotional states. The are then processed on an external server, and possibly even passed on to third parties. Whether they will ever deleted, the person can not influence".

http://tweaktown.com/news/30610/german-government-says-the-xbox-one-is-a-monitoring-device/index.html#Bhm1xzBCPxHGKJD0.99

What would you guys think if they banned the Xbox One?

I

I wouldn't be bothered if they banned it, and if it is a monitoring device I hope they do.

I don't want to be monitored when playing games, I have nothing to hide but I still don't want monitoring

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I think you guys don't know that the Xbox 360 is currently banned in Germany, every time I go in Germany (the border is 30 minutes away from my home) I don't see an Xbox in any store.

I think that if it gets banned, German people arent even going to complain, most of them play on PC anyways.

What the hell are you talking about... The Xbox 360 is being sold as any other console. 

144Hz goodness

gunna have to quit smoking weed... in front of my console.. or it might call the cops on me!

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I hope it is banned I dont live there but I think its a kick in the butt microsoft needs.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

if the sales go that bad and prices really go down(like to 300$ or 250$ for base pack) i might buy one instead of an another graphics card

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18