Why UNIX and Mac OS X Beat Windows

It's not impossible to use, and if you use it properly it works just fine. Unix and linux systems are moddable as hell and they were designed to be as such. Windows is not.

Windows has a lot more compatibility with software in general, games too, and hardware. Much much more hardware supported, so prices go here too. Macs are too overpriced for what you can build on your own. (plus office for mac is still microsoft, and while there are alternatives there always are some issues in compatibility, and unfortunately office still is de facto standard)

Yes you can fiddle with hackintosh but something is bound not to work properly (and it's probably illegal).

hurr durr this better that better

Know what you need, what you use, how much money you need to spend etc.

I'm a gamer, I need windows, for me it works fine for games and everyday software that I use. 

When i need modularity, a break from windows, playground, or am doing stuff with supercomputing, I use debian/ubuntu.

I use Bsd based Freenas and pfsense too for frankly the best server software imo.

From my perspective, only reason to use osx is if you like macs, need specific software, or just plain like the build quality of both osx and macs, and features, integration, closed apple ecosystems, and so on.. and so forth

You just can't say

OSX BETTER

YES BETTER

and then list all the things why it's better without considering the other side too

Accepting strengths and weakneses of everything is the way to go. Sure it's better in many respects but not always and for every possible case.

Doesn't really work like that.

Yes it's better. Depending on what you need and want. It's DIFFERENT

It's not impossible to use, and if you use it properly it works just fine. But using it properly is very difficult. You have to go into Settings in Charms to turn off the damn computer. Unix and linux systems are moddable as hell and they were designed to be as such. Windows is not. As I said.

Windows has a lot more compatibility with software in general, games too, and hardware. Much much more hardware supported, so prices go here too. Macs are too overpriced Nope, read the MacBook is not overpriced thread. They aren't overpriced. (for what you can build on your own. (plus office for mac is still microsoft, and while there are alternatives there always are some issues in compatibility, and unfortunately office still is de facto standard)

Yes you can fiddle with hackintosh but something is bound not to work properly (and it's probably illegal).

hurr durr this better that better

Know what you need, what you use, how much money you need to spend etc.

I'm a gamer, I need windows, for me it works fine for games and everyday software that I use. 

When i need modularity, a break from windows, playground, or am doing stuff with supercomputing, I use debian/ubuntu.

I use Bsd based Freenas and pfsense too for frankly the best server software imo.

From my perspective, only reason to use osx is if you like macs, need specific software, or just plain like the build quality of both osx and macs, and features, integration, closed apple ecosystems, If you read the entire post, you wouldn't be calling it closed anymore. and so on.. and so forth

You just can't say

OSX BETTER

YES BETTER

and then list all the things why it's better without considering the other side too I urge you to explain why I should be using a closed-source, non-hackable, hard to use, poorly optimized, bloated operating system instead of flexible, streamlined, and powerful Unix.

Accepting strengths and weakneses of everything is the way to go. {Sure it's better in many respects but not always and for every possible case.} <Tautology. 

Doesn't really work like that. That's what tautology means.

Yes it's better. Indeed. Depending on what you need and want. Right, if you're willing to accept a worse product for the sake of program compatibility, then sure. It's DIFFERENT Not going to deny that one.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Right, if you're willing to accept a worse product for the sake of program compatibility, then sure.

I am, and I'm not exclusive, I'm willing to accept both of them, and use them each for what they're worth. Windows controls vast majority of the share market, and has strengths that come from compatibilities. Saying that Macs aren't overpriced is alright, you're paying for a product in which there is more than mere components. My angle was that you can build a machiene with identical specs much cheaper.

Yes I wrote some tautology, so what. Did my redundancy hurt you?

I'm soooorrry.

Also, I'm not urging you to do anything. If you're happy with osx, great, it's a powerful nice system. But it's really different from windows. If it truly was as you say, sooooo muuuuch better and not overpriced and insanely better in eevery possible way, than everyone would be using it instead! Simple. Like iphones. Ios is both fantastic and has LOADS of compatibility with everything, and crapload of software support, and that's why it's dominant, even considering that android is "better", modable, much more options in hardware, so on..

And apple still does have a pretty closed system, as it's only possible to fully use it's potential on apple products (without much headache, that is)

Also, I'm not urging you to do anything. If you're happy with osx, great, it's a powerful nice system. But it's really different from windows. Never said that it wasn't. 

If it truly was as you say, sooooo muuuuch better and not overpriced and insanely better in eevery possible way, than everyone would be using it instead! That's an argumentum ad populum.

Simple. Like iphones. Ios is both fantastic and has LOADS of compatibility with everything, and crapload of software support, and that's why it's dominant, even considering that android is "better", modable, much more options in hardware, so on.. Argumentum ad populum again, not to mention incorrect. Android dominates marketshare.

And apple still does have a pretty closed system, as it's only possible to fully use it's potential on apple products (without much headache, that is) It's more open than Microsoft's.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That's an argumentum ad populum.

No. That's argumentum ad rei veritatem. It's clash of perfectionism and utilitarism.

(BEST VIDEO CARD IS 780ti SLI!  -yes yes but don't you think, maybe r9 290 is better from price/performance, still gives great experience, perhaps even 280 for 1080p only?? - NO 780ti SLI will DESTROOOY it you MUST GET IT, don't convince me to buy low thermaly unoptimized AMD crap with driver issues, noise, and LACK OF G-SYNC! cause we just can't do without it, and ohmygod you can't use nvidia shield on it)

So tell me than... Why do most of people buy r9 280, or say, gtx 770 for 1080p and not 780 ti SLI? Why does windows control a huge portion of market share, and people buy PC's and not macs? There must be a reason, and it's not stupidity or marketing, apple got that right. It's price/performance. Apple is usually high end stuff with great design and build quality sporting propriatery software. You can't even install osx on a PC legally. How's that for an open policy.

In order to use mac os, you HAVE to have a MAC! Or a hackintosh with all the afformentioned problems. So the problem goes further than simple osx destroys windows (maybe it does, as will 780ti SLI destroy r9 290, but guess what people end up buying, and for good reason).

https://www.apple.com/imac/specs/

For 1100 USD, you can have this for example: http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc_new/ncixpc.cfm?uuid=13C72759-E241-49B0-A2FFD5B130508F37-6014161

And almost buy a 24 inch 1080p display for the leftover money.

Argumentum ad populum again, not to mention incorrect. Android dominates marketshare.

Argumentum ad rei veritatem again. Yes, incorrect, true, I apologize.

However, you missed the point and look for technicality. Iphone dominates as the most common high-end smartphone, with lots of compatible products, and even if it doesn't now, it did for a long time. Sure there are much, much more androids today but that's comparing apples (hehe) to oranges, you can't really compare iphone and low end android, which yes there are a crapload of, and that just reinforced my statement infact - android comes in so many shapes and colours, much much cheaper, as time went, compatibility and support grew.

It's more open than Microsoft's.

Sure it is.. if you're talking about modularity. I'm talking about incompatibility of apple's product in general with any other platforms, so iphones go well with macs, but give headaches to PC users and so on, in such context, closed apple ecosystem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr

osx is bound to mac hardware. boom market share, price/performance

I never intended to speak about the inner workings of os-es, and which one is better at some specific job. Apple will never win, and it doesn't try to do so. It wants to be different and offer users smooth experience.

If you're a proffesional with the need for os modularity and integrity, need for specific software and apps or just like apple's experience and products and can afford these, you will have a mac and os-x.

If you're an average highscool kid, PC enthusiast, gamer, average consumer who wants price/performance, compatibility with everything, most apps, games, you can't afford a mac, you will have windows. Or linux. Maybe.

What would I gain from having a mac?

Money from selling it. Same that would you from a PC running windows.

I just got worked up because you insist that windows is a piece of shit. It's not. For you it is. You won't get far trying to prove the world the superiority of something it doesn't need. If osx was a free software, noone would buy macs. Everyone would just buy pc components and dualboot it with windows, for gaming. Try to convince apple to make it open source and I'll replace windows with it.

You know what,

maybe you're right and I'm wrong. People still won't buy macs more unless apple does something different, and I'm not sure it wants to. For everything else, windows works JUST FINE.

Remember, this is coming from someone who thinks only the most positive about apple and it's products. It's just not for everyone, and that can be seen.

You can't even install osx on a PC legally. How's that for an open policy. Well, they already give it to all their Mac users for free. Do you expect them to give it to everyone for free? They have to make money some how. They already release most of the source. Compile it yourself and build an OS, or use PureDarwin if you really care that much. But you don't, you're just looking for ways to attack Apple.

In order to use mac os, you HAVE to have a MAC! Or a hackintosh with all the afformentioned problems. So the problem goes further than simple osx destroys windows (maybe it does, as will 780ti SLI destroy r9 290, but guess what people end up buying, and for good reason). Yes, because APPLE HAS TO MAKE MONEY! They now don't get any money whatsoever even from Hackintoshes. How do you expect them to pay for the OS if they give it away to everyone for free? OS X is WHY PEOPLE BUY MACS! It's differentiation. Would you expect Google to write a version of Android for the iPhone? No. It doesn't work like that.

https://www.apple.com/imac/specs/

For 1100 USD, you can have this for example: http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc_new/ncixpc.cfm?uuid=13C72759-E241-49B0-A2FFD5B130508F37-6014161

And almost buy a 24 inch 1080p display for the leftover money. Macs are for people that don't look at a spec sheet first when they buy a computer. That's what makes us different.

Argumentum ad populum again, not to mention incorrect. Android dominates marketshare.

Argumentum ad rei veritatem again. Yes, incorrect, true, I apologize. I'm no latin expert, you'll have to explain "argumentum ad rei veritatem."

However, you missed the point and look for technicality. Iphone dominates as the most common high-end smartphone, with lots of compatible products, and even if it doesn't now, it did for a long time. Sure there are much, much more androids today but that's comparing apples (hehe) to oranges, you can't really compare iphone and low end android, which yes there are a crapload of, and that just reinforced my statement infact - android comes in so many shapes and colours, much much cheaper, as time went, compatibility and support grew.

It's more open than Microsoft's.

Sure it is.. if you're talking about modularity. I'm talking about incompatibility of apple's product in general with any other platforms, so iphones go well with macs, but give headaches to PC users and so on, in such context, closed apple ecosystem. I was a PC user with an iPhone for seven years actually. Had literally zero problems with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr

osx is bound to mac hardware. boom market share, price/performance

I never intended to speak about the inner workings of os-es, and which one is better at some specific job. Not thus far no. Apple will never win, and it doesn't try to do so. Which explains why Mac usage is growing while PC usage is shrinking. It wants to be different and offer users smooth experience. I'm not going to deny that :D

If you're a proffesional with the need for os modularity and integrity, need for specific software and apps or just like apple's experience and products and can afford these, you will have a mac and os-x.

If you're an average highscool kid, PC enthusiast, gamer, average consumer who wants price/performance, compatibility with everything, most apps, games, you can't afford a mac, you will have windows. Or linux. Maybe. Or you will have a used Mac. It's what I had.

What would I gain from having a mac?

Money from selling it. Same that would you from a PC running windows. I have a PC running Windows, actually two of them, just FYI.

I just got worked up because you insist that windows is a piece of shit. It's not. What was that about making judgments about inner workings? Oh yeah, you said you weren't going to do it. For you it is. You won't get far trying to prove the world the superiority of something it doesn't need. If osx was a free software, In what sense? noone would buy macs. Precisely why you can only install it on Macs. Everyone would just buy pc components and dualboot it with windows, for gaming. Try to convince apple to make it open source and I'll replace windows with it. It's already mostly open source. You can download the kernel and most of the FreeBSD user land components that it utilizes here: http://opensource.apple.com But you would have known that if you had read my entire OP. I realize now that you didn't, (unsurprising). Please do before replying.

You know what,

maybe you're right and I'm wrong. Ya think? People still won't buy macs They are, not sure what you're getting at here. more unless apple does something different, and I'm not sure it wants to. For everything else, windows works JUST FINE. Unless you want stuff that works and not a buggy, crash piece of shit with a terrible UI. 

Remember, this is coming from someone who thinks only the most positive about apple and it's products. Oh yeah, quite obvious. EVERYONE can see that. It's just not for everyone, and that can be seen. Everyone called, and they disagree.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Macs are for people that don't look at a spec sheet first when they buy a computer. That's what makes us different.

/thread for me

• 2 weeks later...

While I agree that OSX is the best desktop OS, period, you didn't actually address what you said in the title, pretty misleading. Why do you think it's the best? All you did was quote Apple with their, 'the world’s most advanced operating system', mantra, and simply chronologize OSX's development.

Macs are for people that don't look at a spec sheet first when they buy a computer. That's what makes us different.

It's already mostly open source. You can download the kernel and most of the FreeBSD user land components that it utilizes here: http://opensource.apple.com

It's funny. At first, I read that about specs and thought "well that's dumb", but then I really considered it, and the only people who truly care about specs are people who intend to use them. i.e. gamers, media editors, etc. Normal users and even some power users won't care. 

I'd love to go on a journey one day of compiling OSX myself. That'd be fun. My question would be "How useful will it be to me once I'm done?" though. All I ever really do is utilize programs to do normal user stuff while gaming and doing a mix of other power user stuff, albeit rarely.

Unless you want stuff that works and not a buggy, crash piece of shit with a terrible UI.

I was a PC user with an iPhone for seven years actually. Had literally zero problems with it.

I'm getting mixed signals there. Mind you, I realize you are probably talking about Windows 8.1 specifically, but I haven't had that experience with it myself. Yes, Metro UI is crap for desktop. However, that's easily fixed with third party software (and it sucks horribly that we have to resort to that, but at least it's there although I can't see that as different from doing something like changing the Windows Manager in OSX).

Windows 8 has only crashed on me because of a GPU issue in the 9 months I've used it. What are examples of things that make it a buggy crashing POS? Because I haven't experienced them and I've used quite a few of the things built into the OS. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

who cares OP?

WIndows is great for gamers/editors which many of us are here. YOu cannot expect all games to run on a Macintrash...

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

who cares OP?

WIndows is great for gamers/editors which many of us are here. YOu cannot expect all games to run on a Macintrash...

It's not about running "macintrash".  It's about people realizing that unix/linux is better/more optimized/open source/just frankly better..  the only thing microsoft has on linux is market share.  People can complain that linux looks bad, but you can make it look exactly like windows with little tweaking.  If linux had the market share windows has, everyone would be using linux.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

It's not about running "macintrash".  It's about people realizing that unix/linux is better/more optimized/open source/just frankly better..  the only thing microsoft has on linux is market share.  People can complain that linux looks bad, but you can make it look exactly like windows with little tweaking.  If linux had the market share windows has, everyone would be using linux.

but would it still run games?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

yes, it would run games since it's the most popular OS.  The problem right now is a lot of games run on DirectX, which is proprietary and only for windows

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

yes, it would run games since it's the most popular OS.  The problem right now is a lot of games run on DirectX, which is proprietary and only for windows

#OpenGLMasterRace

Seriously. I'm pretty certain quite a lot of people would switch to Linux or Unix if gaming was there. Hopefully the industry slowly moves over to OpenGL or some other API in the near future. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

#OpenGLMasterRace

Seriously. I'm pretty certain quite a lot of people would switch to Linux or Unix if gaming was there. Hopefully the industry slowly moves over to OpenGL or some other API in the near future. 

hopefully.

How I wish they'd bring out osx for generic hardware. Hackintoshing just doesn't work that well on an APU.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

/thread for me

Goodbye and good riddance. I hope you enjoyed your stay.

While I agree that OSX is the best desktop OS, period, you didn't actually address what you said in the title, pretty misleading. Why do you think it's the best? All you did was quote Apple with their, 'the world’s most advanced operating system', mantra, and simply chronologize OSX's development.

I didn't want to add what would compose a several paragraph dissertation on the faults of Windows to the end of this post, because I don't want to labeled as a Windows hater. It's hard enough for me already.

That quote was supposed to sound like a mantra, as the above paragraphs were intended as a proof for why it was true. If you remain unconvinced I can certainly provide more evidence.

It's funny. At first, I read that about specs and thought "well that's dumb", but then I really considered it, and the only people who truly care about specs are people who intend to use them. i.e. gamers, media editors, etc. Normal users and even some power users won't care. After a certain point, most power users don't care. You'll notice that above a certain level, CS people don't give two shits about their hardware unless it does what they want and need it to. There's a zen in not knowing/caring what your hardware is because it shows to others that your software is more important than the platform or hardware it runs on.

I'd love to go on a journey one day of compiling OSX myself. That'd be fun. My question would be "How useful will it be to me once I'm done?" though. All I ever really do is utilize programs to do normal user stuff while gaming and doing a mix of other power user stuff, albeit rarely. My point was more that it's possible, and thus much more open than Windows.

I'm getting mixed signals there. Mind you, I realize you are probably talking about Windows 8.1 specifically, but I haven't had that experience with it myself. Yes, Metro UI is crap for desktop. However, that's easily fixed with third party software (and it sucks horribly that we have to resort to that, but at least it's there although I can't see that as different from doing something like changing the Windows Manager in OSX). But programs like StartIsBack are added as a "fix" to Windows 8/.1's massive basic usability issue, not as tertiary customizations to personalize the experience for power users.

Windows 8 has only crashed on me because of a GPU issue in the 9 months I've used it. What are examples of things that make it a buggy crashing POS? Because I haven't experienced them and I've used quite a few of the things built into the OS.  ​Let me put it this way: I've only had a Mac kernel panic once from installing defective RAM into it and I've never had any crashes on Linux, ever. They just sort of aren't a thing on any platform except Windows. I once installed 32-bit Windows on my machine, and theoretically this shouldn't be a problem, but it was so inundated with driver issues and constant blue screening that I had to install 64-bit, after which the problem was completely solved. This was after reinstalling the 32-bit version twice to no avail.

That's not what this post was about, nor is it even a cohesive reply to the points addressed by it. The reason why games don't run on the "Macintrash" as you put it, (even though most do aside from AAA shooters) is because of marketshare and lock-in to the DirectX API, not because of any fundamental issue with the platform to play games.

No shit. The only reason Windows is considered the "best" for running games is out of tradition by AAA FPS developers to only target DirectX and thus Windows when developing. OpenGL, I would argue, is both superior to DirectX and inarguably more free, as in beer. There's simply no reason for developers to not offer Mac and Windows versions, there's a reason Humble Bundle requires them these days.

How I wish they'd bring out osx for generic hardware. Hackintoshing just doesn't work that well on an APU.

They tried that in the 90s. It ruined their core product.

The problem with releasing OS X for generic hardware is not that Apple doesn't have the engineering power to do so, but that:

a) It eliminates what is arguably the main reason to buy a Mac.

b) It would mean a promise, nay, a commitment, to provide the same amazing experience of OS X on every CPU, GPU, motherboard, etc. Their brand would get diluted by OEMs installing it on hardware below the minimum system requirements and not following their directions. This has been proven to be time and time again the biggest reason why most people hate their Windows experience, because the OEMs don't care about what Microsoft tells them are the minimum system requirements.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I didn't want to add what would compose a several paragraph dissertation on the faults of Windows to the end of this post, because I don't want to labeled as a Windows hater. It's hard enough for me already.

Then maybe you should have chosen a different title? I'm honestly not interested in discussion here, and in fact I didn't actually read your post since I don't care about that either (sorry), but ignoring whether or not it was an intentional click-bait at it's core your title promised some form of comparison between OS X and Windows, while the post is simply the history of UNIX followed by the assertion that the fact that history exists proves OS X is the best OS ever.

Then maybe you should have chosen a different title? I'm honestly not interested in discussion here, and in fact I didn't actually read your post since I don't care about that either (sorry), but ignoring whether or not it was an intentional click-bait at it's core your title promised some form of comparison between OS X and Windows, while the post is simply the history of UNIX followed by the assertion that the fact that history exists proves OS X is the best OS ever.

If you didn't read the OP, don't care about it, and aren't interested in discussion, then what the fuck am I supposed to say in response to this post?

And furthermore, why are you here in the first place anyways? You misread the title. Think of it as "How UNIX and Mac OS X Beat Windows," because they HAVE beat it. Unix is victorious. That's the point of the title.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

If you didn't read the OP, don't care about it, and aren't interested in discussion, then what the fuck am I supposed to say in response to this post?

And furthermore, why are you here in the first place anyways? You misread the title. Think of it as "How UNIX and Mac OS X Beat Windows," because they HAVE beat it. Unix is victorious. That's the point of the title.

Just to clarify, you mean "Where victory = objectively better." 

Because if victory ='s market share, Windows has won thus far, but is beginning to downhill fall to losing in the long term.

† Christian Member †

Just to clarify, you mean "Where victory = objectively better." 

Yes, but I'm not asking for faith here. The title is an observation, the post is the thinking behind it.

I could add a section on Windows but I think the information would almost constitute a separate post. Also I'm just completely flooded with homework at the moment so not really the time but later maybe.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

• 2 weeks later...

/thread for me

I bought a Mac. I looked at the specs first. The specs were a very good match to what I needed.

That comment makes you sound awfully arrogant and elitist.

Also, @Builder, thank you for the OSX history lesson. That was great. I personallly chose OSX because I enjoyed developing in a UNIX environment but I found it painful to use janky Linux GUIs and deal with Driver issues... nice to see where it came from. I knew about the NeXT stuff, and that it has roots in BSD, but there was so much more I didn't know.

I bought a Mac. I looked at the specs first. The specs were a very good match to what I needed.

That comment makes you sound awfully arrogant and elitist.

Also, @Builder, thank you for the OSX history lesson. That was great. I personallly chose OSX because I enjoyed developing in a UNIX environment but I found it painful to use janky Linux GUIs and deal with Driver issues... nice to see where it came from. I knew about the NeXT stuff, and that it has roots in BSD, but there was so much more I didn't know.

That just means you didn't read our post to post squabble, which, in turn, means you're normal.

Whatever builder says, I like apple OS and products. They are ok people designing cool stuff. I nicely understand that you don't really need super duper hardware to have a great experience, infact i respect their ability to make the most out of "limited" hardware, that means they are great at optimization.

Also, I respect builders knoweledge, and did learn something from him. I actually knew a lot about bsd, linux, and unix before, and about their history, but builder did a fantastic job with that post, agreed.

Funny thing is that I actually tried to make the point he said there, and now he said it himself, so..

See, he INSISTS that osx is superior to windows, and ANY argument, he will try to logically (or otherwise) debate, or simply ignore. But bah I've wasted too much time fighting a lost cause so i just quit.

See now? Really, no elitism here, especialy considering i made a point that for the same money, you can get a much better performing machine if you go PC route. I didn't say you should. You can. If you want to, or need to.

It's just that he insists anyone (other that AAA FPS gamers) would be better on mac os x. Which I disagree with, so tell me who is the elitist now.

And that last sentence, "truly the most advanced OS" that is just sooooooo muuuuuuuuch craaaaaaaaap.

Best optimized, yes, MAYBE. Ubuntu was more advanced than osx years ago. Apple's propaganda is anoying on it's own enough, and now he seems to have a great need to preach osx to pc noobs.

Which would be fine, if not for his sith-like attitude.

Which i respect too.

He's still got manners of a pig-lizard

@Builder Reading this

“the world’s most advanced operating system.”

I just couldn't help myself not posting this.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

That just means you didn't read our post to post squabble, which, in turn, means you're normal.

Whatever builder says, I like apple OS and products. They are ok people designing cool stuff. I nicely understand that you don't really need super duper hardware to have a great experience, infact i respect their ability to make the most out of "limited" hardware, that means they are great at optimization.

Also, I respect builders knoweledge, and did learn something from him. I actually knew a lot about bsd, linux, and unix before, and about their history, but builder did a fantastic job with that post, agreed.

Funny thing is that I actually tried to make the point he said there, and now he said it himself, so..

See, he INSISTS that osx is superior to windows, and ANY argument, he will try to logically (or otherwise) debate, or simply ignore. But bah I've wasted too much time fighting a lost cause so i just quit.

See now? Really, no elitism here, especialy considering i made a point that for the same money, you can get a much better performing machine if you go PC route. I didn't say you should. You can. If you want to, or need to.

It's just that he insists anyone (other that AAA FPS gamers) would be better on mac os x. Which I disagree with, so tell me who is the elitist now.

And that last sentence, "truly the most advanced OS" that is just sooooooo muuuuuuuuch craaaaaaaaap.

Best optimized, yes, MAYBE. Ubuntu was more advanced than osx years ago. Apple's propaganda is anoying on it's own enough, and now he seems to have a great need to preach osx to pc noobs.

Which would be fine, if not for his sith-like attitude.

Which i respect too.

He's still got manners of a pig-lizard

Okay, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. I just get frustrated with those people who are incapable of appreciating that specs are not everything... there's a lot more to the value of these devices than just Gigabytes and Gigahertz. 

I used to have a similar attitude. Then I did a Computer Engineering degree and I realized that it's not necessarily all about how fast your hardware is, but it is just as much about what you do with it.