new to undervolting cpu's anyone help?

basically as i said in the title im completely new to under and overvolting cpu's but i currently own a quad core i5 (2300) and wanted to try out undervolting so after sometime messing around with offset voltages i have my cpu Vcore running at 0.974V and just wanted to ask is this okay? i havnt ran into any issues yet but wanted to ask you guys just to make sure im not stressing out my cpu as icant afford a new one for a while.

so with somemore tinkering around with the bios ive got the Vcore down to about 0.920V but still seems alright prime95'd it for awhile still no issue's undervolted by 0.2Volts now dare i try to go lower? max temps so far have reduced by about 7/8 degrees so down to about 48degrees after prime95 running for about an hour

I'd say if it passes stress testing then go with it...lower temps are always better.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

I'd say if it passes stress testing then go with it...lower temps are always better.
cheers i now know what happens if you undervolt to much :( had to reset bios (sigh) so ive settled at an offset of -0.2V where i had it safely thanks for the reply :)

You wouldn't happen to be measuring power consumption of your system would you? I'd love to know what the difference in power consumption you're seeing is.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

You wouldn't happen to be measuring power consumption of your system would you? I'd love to know what the difference in power consumption you're seeing is.
cant really say what my pc alone uses but my whole setup which is PC:( i5 (2300), asus 7770 gpu, 630W psu, asrock h77 pro4-m mobo, 4GB ddr3 ram and 1 ssd and a hard disk) my accessories(duel lcd monitors) 30w sub and speakers, ethernet switch and a powered usb hub uses about 370W everyday use

If its posting, and stress tests are still passing just keep going until it doesn't. The real damage is causes by overvolting, not under.