What devices do people watch Linus Tech Tips videos on

LinusTech

YouTube has new report that shows me where people are watching my videos from.

Turns out (holy crap my world is upside down and my head is spinning from the enlightening information here) that most of my views come from PCs.

Just thought I'd share this with you cuz it's interesting.

post-3-0-01991300-1369635492.png

i mainly watch on PC, but when I am out and about and I get a notification on my mobile that you have released a review or video I will watch it on the go with my Galaxy Note 2,

TV for the live stream so i can sit in bid and kick back with the dog and some munchies.

Hmm. What was so surprising?

I only watch on my PC because I can chill on the forum at the same time. I can't really enjoy it when I'm out or on my phone because it's too loud and I don't carry headphones ._.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

"unknown devices": (definitely the aliens trying to learn about human computer hardware technology)

You have the wrong Unknowns

Unown_Alphabet_by_acer_v.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My mind is... blown.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I only watch from my pc, our 3G network in Aus is unbearable, so watching anything HD on my phone is a no-go.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Mostly watch it on the Pc as well. If I am still in bed then tablet

Yeah I always watch from my PC, nothing else.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Yeah I always watch from my PC, nothing else.

Watching from real life would be pretty nice.

i mainly watch on PC, but when I am out and about and I get a notification on my mobile that you have released a review or video I will watch it on the go with my Galaxy Note 2,

TV for the live stream so i can sit in bid and kick back with the dog and some munchies.

Benefit of using a tv as a monitor :)

Dem Unknown devices :P, but yeah it's all mainly PC for me, even at Uni i'm usually on a computer in the computer labs.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

I have you guys hostage

…….._П___________ ___Л

……/ ;;;;;;_(___)________|]

…./ __===_____________/

…..) /—–(_((__) /

….//——0,——-

_.//——//

.//____/

Put your hands up

I have you guys hostage
…….._П___________ ___Л
……/ ;;;;;;_(___)________|]
…./ __===_____________/
…..) /—–(_((__) /
….//——0,——-
_.//——//
.//____/
Put your hands up

Why is the trigger stuck to the bottom of the guard? 

You literally can't shoot us.. :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

What? 

A YouTube channel that talks about the latest PC-related builds and hardware has a fan base that is mostly PC users?

Now your just not making sense.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

If i can,i will watch on pc because i can use vpn.My isp will throttle my internet if i use youtube.

I normally use my iPad to watch videos.

I don't know why that is, I just do. Although I did watch some on my Wii U to try out the YouTube app.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

I watch the live stream via my PC, but usually catch all your other youtube content via my tablet day to day...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I watch it on my tablet sometimes, but other than that I chuck ti up on my TV and watch it in bed :P

#!

After not sleeping for 22h because of school. The results are really surprising. Because i live in Europe i rarely watch streams, but when i do i usually just listen to them in bed before sleep.  Otherwhise all the vids i watch on my PC.

EDIT: Lol i calculated that the total time people have spent watching linustechtips is about 36,5 years...

I usually watch on Apple TV or XBOX 360 and I'm guessing I'm alone in that. haha

Even though our views differ on things and it's frustrating to be the overwhelming minority when you guys rag on Mac OSX and console gaming, I still enjoy watching the hardware videos and feel that they are getting better.

I'm a lot more interested about how many people watch on linux and OSX. I am surprised by the number of mobile viewers though, nice.