The Ultimate Posting Topics Correctly Guide

ty but it's been said before that the people who post like this probably don't even read any pinned posts.

Not even the announcement at the top of GD.

But it would still make it easier to find... Easier to send a link for n00bs.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

But it would still make it easier to find... Easier to send a link for n00bs.

I might post this to suggestions also, but that gave me an idea. Rather than having CoC shoved into newcomers face during sign-up (suggested, didn't got much love), we could have landing page top of forum main page. Something thats default to all users but can be disabled in options. That page could have some basic things like links to Read Me's and reminder of general rules of posting. Not too big so that it won't annoy anyone but still big enough that you'll have to atleast glance it before scrolling for subforums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I like it so far.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 problem. Most people that make all the dumb threads are new members and new members wont have seen this. so unless we all have it in our signatures then its not really gonna work

Even if it was in our signatures, idiots will still ignore it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Even if it was in our signatures, idiots will still ignore it.

Idiots, like, @Cokeman?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Someone tag that guy who loves using italicized TNR, i bet he would love this thread lol

@BrandedUpontheGrave

Sorry bud. Choose a name I won't remember next time. ;) Nothing against you, just the font you use. It actually will give me a headache.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Proper grammar is #1. I can't even fucking handle a post that starts with:

Hai guys i had a qestin, shud I wait for the new pr0nbook 700 or nah? i wuz thinkin becuz it was on sale for chep?

Also, Comic Sans needs to die in a hole. Seriously.

Someone tag that guy who loves using italicized TNR, i bet he would love this thread lol

Actually I was here a few hours ago, you can thank @thekeemo for including a link to this thread in his sig.

@BrandedUpontheGrave

Sorry bud. Choose a name I won't remember next time. ;) Nothing against you, just the font you use. It actually will give me a headache.

That's going to be hard... ofFireandStone, HSS Revenir, BrandedUpontheGrave, Hellstorm six, Vanderhex... I'm kind of a name whore.

Also you'll be glad to know I've ceased using TNR italics since they changed the CoC to include excessive use of font and not just colors.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Actually I was here a few hours ago, you can thank @thekeemo for including a link to this thread in his sig.

That's going to be hard... ofFireandStone, HSS Revenir, BrandedUpontheGrave, Hellstorm six, Vanderhex... I'm kind of a name whore.

Also you'll be glad to know I've ceased using TNR italics since they changed the CoC to include excessive use of font and not just colors.

it's alright, all in jest.

I thought you would kind of laugh at the Italicized TNR part, though.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

it's alright, all in jest.

I thought you would kind of laugh at the Italicized TNR part, though.

I had a chuckle or two, I've made a bit of a habit joking about my own use of it myself if you noticed.

Mind you I still go to swap to TNR on nearly every post, it's a hard habit to break after over a year of it being as instinctive as breathing.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Here's my short version (mainly for the troubleshooting) that I wish people would follow.

1. Use google to search (in case of a repost or a fix for your problem)

2. Make sure title makes sense and states clearly what your problem is. (example: New GPU causing BSOD in games)(and please use spell check)

3. State your current setup and/or the devices that are related to the problem.

4. List what methods you have tried to fix the problem.

The amount of times I've seen someone post without supplying any information about the problem or their hardware is just crazy.

Also, if I had a dollar every time I've googled their problem and found a solution on the 1st page of google... then I'd have a few dollars.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Proper grammar is #1. I can't even fucking handle a post that starts with:

Hai guys i had a qestin, shud I wait for the new pr0nbook 700 or nah? i wuz thinkin becuz it was on sale for chep?

Also, Comic Sans needs to die in a hole. Seriously.

Don't fucking say that about fucking Comic Sans. DON'T. EVER. HATE. COMIC. SANS.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Don't fucking say that about fucking Comic Sans. DON'T. EVER. HATE. COMIC. SANS.

I will say the truth.

We aren't in Kindergarden anymore.

I will say the truth.

We aren't in Kindergarden anymore.

So? Sometimes, we need a little humour to go along with a post.

So? Sometimes, we need a little humour to go along with a post.

No, sometimes we do NOT need a little tacky fontedness to go with a post.

No, sometimes we do NOT need a little tacky fontedness to go with a post.

In some cases, it's not preferred. Sometimes a little humour is all we need.

A lovely thread but no new poster will read this.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I don't need a stupid font to convey humor.

A lovely thread but no new post will read this.

um, did you mean member or poster?

You shouldn't need a font to convey humor, you should be funny through what you say.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

This is a nice tutorial because it's different from all the other ones I have seen.  However,

I will use Comic Sans as I please!

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD