3x ROG Swift

itsjoystick

Ok, so for my next build, which I hope will be happening in a month or two, I decided I wanted to game on 3 ROG swift 1440p monitors in Nvidia Surround(or eyefinity?). With this kind of set up I would need more graphics power than I would with a single 4k monitor, which is where I need help. My original plan was going to be crossfire 295x2's and using eyefinity. However, since the ROG swift is gsync compatible, I would really like to take advantage of that. I am still considering the 295x2's as I will still be able to use the 144hz refresh(will never get that high xD) and the very, very thin bezels. But my new though was going with 3-way titan blacks, which would cost the same as the amd cards, but would allow me to take advantage of gsync, albeit giving a little less performances. I chose the titan blacks over the 780tis because of the 6gb frame buffer, which is more useful at such high resolutions. 2-way titan blacks are also an option, but the third one will give a little more performance.

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to hook up each graphics card to a single monitor, so each monitor would have their own titan black. So lets say a single titan black can run a single 1440p monitor on max settings on most games at around 60 fps(thats just a guess), then 3 cards would easily run 3 monitors at that speed. I hope I explained that well enough :). I assume this isn't possible, but I figured I'd ask anyway

Any help or suggestions are appreciated

UPDATE:

Ok, so at this point I am considering, 2x295x2's, an asus pb287q for gaming, and maybe 2 1440p monitors on the side for productivity. I was completely unaware gynsyc doesn't support surround.

Another option is two titan blacks with an rog swift for gaming, and two other 1440p monitors for productivity.

If the new nvidia chips are out by the time I order the parts, I will have more decisions to make.

Also, if anyone cares, I decided on x99 for the mobo. Any news of the rampage V formula/extreme release?

UPDATE 2:

I've decided to give up the idea of 3 swifts. Really for a swift, the only sensible option is a single panel. So my new idea is to go with 3 asus pb278q(or another similar one with thinner bezels) to start with. And then purchase one of the new lg true 4k monitors coming out in the future. I am still open to suggestions though.

3 titan blacks is the best choice.

4 780tis not perform much better than 3 780tis which makes it not really worth the money.

The titan blacks offer more performance than the 780tis do too.

Here are some benchmarks to give an idea of the performance difference between 2, 3, and 4 way SLI

3EP.jpg

bioshock4k.jpg

battlefieldsli.jpg

bioshock.jpg

bf44k.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Doesn't work like you think, 3x 1440p monitors will require a hell of a lot more GPU power then a single 4k monitor, but I don't know how to explain much more do il leave that to others :).

Might as well go with two 295x2s. G-Sync isn't supported with surround (don't think it supports SLI either, but not sure on that). 

Two Titan Blacks will struggle with that res, so will 3. Also, that's not how SLI works. You won't get the performance of 3 Titan blacks as if you just increase the performance 100% per titan black, you will have scaling. 

Doesn't work like you think, 3x 1440p monitors will require a hell of a lot more GPU power then a single 4k monitor, but I don't know how to explain much more do il leave that to others :).

surround 1440p is 1.33x the pixels of one 4k monitor.

basically if OP wants to get decent framerate (over 60fps) he will need to turn AA off and play on high settings, not ultra.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

"Nvidia is preparing a future driver update to support Surround G-Sync (multiple monitors) with (Tri-)SLI. This is just a heads up (read: I can't comment further) for fans looking at buying multiple PGs that it is being worked on, and Nvidia will communicate this fully in their own time. Keep an eye on future betas change-log.

Basically - right now - you currently get 1 output per card. If you are only running 1 display then you get 2/3/4-way. If you need more outputs you have to turn off SLI. But this will change.."

Keep in mind, the PG278Q only has a single DP input, so you will need at least 3 DP outputs in whatever graphics card setup you go with.

Wow 3 Titan Blacks and 3 ROG Swifts, that's about $7,000 after taxes and shipping here in the States. What is the budget for your next build?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Get two 295x2's and wait for freesync monitors. Until then, get some benq monitor.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Glenwing is correct. You can make use of a 2/3/4 way SLI only on 1 Display with G-Sync at this point.

I see you are planning to build a bad ass machine there, but if this will happen in 1-2 month maybe it´ll be worth to wait for the GM204 chip. Thus that the chip is just a performance chip it could be interesting for 1440+ resolutions. And the rumor has it that we are not too far away from the GM200 either.

The RoG Swift is a good choice no doubt about it, but if it´s worth to get three of them for a surround, IDK. You won´t (as you figured out yourself) be able to take advantage of the 144Hz. IMHO the RoG Swift is the best single gaming monitor in the world at this time.

But for a surround I´d maybe go with a BenQ setup. The GW2765HT is pretty fresh out on the market, and seems to be a good monitor.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Watch latest video from pcper about the swift. It should answers all of your questions.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

A problem that the ROG Swift has is that it only has a single DP as input (You don't want to use anything else on it). So in order to run three of them with Nvidia cards and G-Sync, which to be fair, is the only reason to get the swift, then you would need three graphics cards. One for each display.

I am personally against this idea. The ROG Swift is nice for single-monitor gaming. More than that, and I have not a single clue.

Might as well go with two 295x2s. G-Sync isn't supported with surround (don't think it supports SLI either, but not sure on that). 

Two Titan Blacks will struggle with that res, so will 3. Also, that's not how SLI works. You won't get the performance of 3 Titan blacks as if you just increase the performance 100% per titan black, you will have scaling. 

Wait... you can't use g-sync with surround? And g-sync doesn't support SLI, or the monitor itself?

Ok, so at this point I am considering, 2x295x2's, an asus pb287q for gaming, and maybe 2 1440p monitors on the side for productivity. I was completely unaware gynsyc doesn't support surround.

Another option is two titan blacks with an rog swift for gaming, and two other 1440p monitors for productivity.

If the new nvidia chips are out by the time I order the parts, I will have more decisions to make.

Also, if anyone cares, I decided on x99 for the mobo. Any news of the rampage V formula/extreme release?

Wait... you can't use g-sync with surround? And g-sync doesn't support SLI, or the monitor itself?

Surround doesn't support G-Sync (or the other way) not so sure about SLI, but I don't think so. The monitor will work in surround, but G-Sync won't.

Think it's because G-Sync doesn't work with daisy chained DP, and that's the only way to get surround to work using only DP.

you can use Gsync with surround you just need 3 GPUS and you cant enable SLI so the performance is not the best

Ok, so after receiving a bunch of advice, and researching on other sites, I have some new questions.

1. I was about to ask if a single 295x2 would work with gsync since sli doesn't....but then I was like, DeRp

2. Will will 295x2 crossfire be able to handle most current games at 144 fps on a single swift, while running the desktop on the others?

3. Will I even be able to hook up two 295x2's to a 3 monitor eyefinity set up with the swift?

4. will the 295x2's be able to utilize the ultra low motion blur technology on the monitors, or is that nvidia only like gsync?

Yes, he did. But his goal was no AA and medium settings. My Goal is max settings with 4x AA or more

so your 4 780ti will be fine.

so your 4 780ti will be fine.

4 780ti's was never the plan :)

I have a hard time believing you are actually gonna put $7500+ into this computer

I have a hard time believing you are actually gonna put $7500+ into this computer

Hehe why's that? If I wasn't planning on it, wouldn't care about all this.

I seriously hope you aren't going to spend 7k to power some shitty tn monitors.. for that much you could get a beast pc, proper ips display on top of a 2k Wacom Cintiq for production work.

I will never understand the mindset of a gamer with too much cash to throw around recklessly.