Need help with improving my first ever rig.

Naeem

So im about to order my components and this is what i got so far, i will do a slight overclock ( nothing special tough) and plan on adding a 2nd graph card and 2x4gb extra RAM within a year.

it will be used for Gaming and once every week rendering and maybe streaming on a daily base.

Here it is:

CPU:i7 4790k

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: EVGA gtx 780ti SC/ ACX

RAM: 2x4gb Corsair vengeance pro 2133 mhz

MOBO: MSI Z97-G55 SLI
PSU: EVGA superNOVA 850 g2

HDD: Seagate barracude 1TB

SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250GB

CASE: Corsair Carbide 500r

so i was wondering if this is a pretty solid and if there is room for improvement within the same price.

im currently @ 1,505 euro ( im from the netherlands so things arent cheap here).

im open for every suggestion only things i wanna keep the same is 1TB HDD and 250GB SSD i dont need more then 1tb HDD and i dont need less or more then 250gb SSD.

Looks quite good to me, go for it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Looks pretty good, the only thing I would suggest would be to swap out the 780ti for 2x R9 290s. Maybe get some cheaper RAM if you want to save some money.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

from the Netherlands huh? try looking on this site a bit, I've bought from them a couple of times and their prices are excellent on most parts

http://azerty.nl/

if you want to compare prices use tweakers

http://tweakers.net/categorie/14/basiscomponenten/producten/

good luck

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

The systeam is beastly. Powerfull and reliable to the limis :D

Just one comment, Although you said you want to keep the 1Tb HDD, I would consider getting another extra TB in order of storing your Gameplays - 1 TB fills extremely quickly if you used i for video and programs. (ive got 600GB of Stuff and over 1,5TB of recorded lol footage lol on a 3TB HDD )

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Looks pretty solid, I would go AMD and get dual R9 290s for that budget which is a lot more powerful, but I think you did your research already, and decided to go the Nvidia route for personal preferences.

The only thing, I'm not a fan of the carbide 500r, what about the Corsair 450D ? or the Enthoo Pro?

The systeam is beastly. Powerfull and reliable to the limis :D

Just one comment, Although you said you want to keep the 1Tb HDD, I would consider getting another extra TB in order of storing your Gameplays - 1 TB fills extremely quickly if you used i for video and programs. (ive got 600GB of Stuff and over 1,5TB of recorded lol footage lol on a 3TB HDD )

I will be deleting all footage i will be editing stuff for my friends a bit but not really more then that ill send it to them and delete it from my HDD i can always add a 2nd HDD in the future

Looks pretty good, the only thing I would suggest would be to swap out the 780ti for 2x R9 290s. Maybe get some cheaper RAM if you want to save some money.

i will be saving up for a 2nd 780ti later.

from the Netherlands huh? try looking on this site a bit, I've bought from them a couple of times and their prices are excellent on most parts

http://azerty.nl/

if you want to compare prices use tweakers

http://tweakers.net/categorie/14/basiscomponenten/producten/

good luck

Nice list, try Azerty, they are always a little cheaper but they do charge about €8 for shipping so i'd try to buy as many components at once as you can to come out cheaper.

i've looked on azerty and tweakers etc the best i found was http://www.sicomputers.nl/ it is maybe 5 euro more expensive then going on tweakers and buy all parts from different stores etc but ill have the 5euro extra to make it easier and just buy from 1 store

Looks pretty solid, I would go AMD and get dual R9 290s for that budget which is a lot more powerful, but I think you did your research already, and decided to go the Nvidia route for personal preferences.

The only thing, I'm not a fan of the carbide 500r, what about the Corsair 450D ? or the Enthoo Pro?

Ive chosen the 500r due to its many fans in its case by stock so i wont need to add extra fans in the near future.

450D also looks awesome tough :D damn you u make my life harder what to choose!

does the 450D has great airflow/Stock fans ( without the need of adding more untill i get my 2nd GPU)?

I once ordered an NZXT Grid from SiComputers and it said 1-2 days but it ended up being 10 days.. that was just one experience though, i'm not saying it always happens.

i will look for more reviews of that site if i hear more complains from people then ill just buy it from diffrent stores via tweakers.

could be that u just had bad luck :(

ty anyway

Ive chosen the 500r due to its many fans in its case by stock so i wont need to add extra fans in the near future.

450D also looks awesome tough :D damn you u make my life harder what to choose!

does the 450D has great airflow/Stock fans ( without the need of adding more untill i get my 2nd GPU)?

The 450D has a large window, and if you are a big geek like us, you'd want to stare at your components! :P

It includes 2x 140mm AF fans on the front + 1x AF in the back, which will move a ton of air, and the front panel has very little restriction despite the dust filter on it, the 500r has  dual 120mm and a standard front panel. 

Another point on the 450D is that it supports a 360mm radiator on the top out of the box. Also it's pretty much all metal with this case, where the 500r has a lot more plastic (it's high quality though).

The 450D is a newer release, and despite having support for more stuff inside, they managed to make it a bit smaller. I think the 450D supports up to 8 fans (3 top, 2 front, 1 rear, 2 bottom).

The 450D has a large window, and if you are a big geek like us, you'd want to stare at your components! :P

It includes 2x 140mm AF fans on the front + 1x AF in the back, which will move a ton of air, and the front panel has very little restriction despite the dust filter on it, the 500r has  dual 120mm and a standard front panel. 

Another point on the 450D is that it supports a 360mm radiator on the top out of the box. Also it's pretty much all metal with this case, where the 500r has a lot more plastic (it's high quality though).

The 450D is a newer release, and despite having support for more stuff inside, they managed to make it a bit smaller. I think the 450D supports up to 8 fans (3 top, 2 front, 1 rear, 2 bottom).

the 500r also has a big 200mm side fan but ye i do like the large window on the side thats what cought my attention the first second u showed me it.

I once ordered an NZXT Grid from SiComputers and it said 1-2 days but it ended up being 10 days.. that was just one experience though, i'm not saying it always happens.

Hmmm... i might wanna find a different company its really 50/50 http://tweakers.net/shopreview/8300/sicomputers/shopreviews/

50% of the people everything is 5/5 stars quick send etc but also about 50% of the people it took waaaaay to long you're 10 days is nothing compared to what some of these people had to deal with.

i dont wanna risk it because my laptop is crap and i want my rig :P

thanks for giving the advice

I would go for slower but larger ram and the psu is overkill

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

PSU is for when i will add a 2nd gtx 780 ti in the future i dont wanna have to buy a new PSU

the 500r also has a big 200mm side fan but ye i do like the large window on the side thats what cought my attention the first second u showed me it.

yeah, the fan on the side panel does make a difference, specially on the GPUs, but with good airflow all your temps should be completely under control, even if you are running SLI. I don't know if it's filtered, but you can get an aftermarket magnetic 200mm dust filter for it, if you encounter dust accumulation after a couple days.

IMO getting a window instead of a side panel fan (bulky too) is a fair trade, totally worth it.

PSU is for when i will add a 2nd gtx 780 ti in the future i dont wanna have to buy a new PSU

ah but im firm on the memory

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

He can SLI later, and even if "750W is perfectly fine for SLI" maybe he wants to OC everything to the balls or even watercool one day! getting lights, a pump, and a butt ton of fans will end up on a PSU running all the time at 90%+ load when gaming and stuff, and nobody wants an annoying fan spinning fast all day just because you didn't spend extra $15 on the PSU when you built the system. Also this is a 10year warranty PSU, and probably will last more than that, maybe in a couple years he gets the R9 490X volcano edition, where 750W won't be enough for crossfire.

I learned the hard way that going slightly overkill with the PSU has nothing wrong, had to replace a perfectly good unit just because I was a couple watts short when I upgraded 1 year later.

He can SLI later, and even if "750W is perfectly fine for SLI" maybe he wants to OC everything to the balls or even watercool one day! getting lights, a pump, and a butt ton of fans will end up on a PSU running all the time at 90%+ load when gaming and stuff, and nobody wants an annoying fan spinning fast all day just because you didn't spend extra $15 on the PSU when you built the system. Also this is a 10year warranty PSU, and probably will last more than that, maybe in a couple years he gets the R9 490X volcano edition, where 750W won't be enough for crossfire.

I learned the hard way that going slightly overkill with the PSU has nothing wrong, had to replace a perfectly good unit just because I was a couple watts short when I upgraded 1 year later.

read my last comment...

ah but im firm on the memory

Any suggestions with the memory then?

read my last comment...

yeah, we were a couple of seconds out of sync! :P

I'm sorry I started a big rant out of nowhere, but I had to put behind other projects thanks to the money I spent on the new PSU and ended up butthurt haha

Any suggestions with the memory then?

the cheapest you can find that arent from some random chinese company

yeah, we were a couple of seconds out of sync! :P

I'm sorry I started a big rant out of nowhere, but I had to put behind other projects thanks to the money I spent on the new PSU and ended up butthurt haha

I feel the same way with half my parts